RS Line Contr. Co. has been meeting the electrical infrastructure design construction and maintenance needs of utilities and industry throughout Canada and the world since 1976. RS Line and parent company Forbes Bros. Ltd. form one the largest power line construction companies in Western Canada. With our extensive fleet of conventional rubber tired and specialty all-terrain utility construction equipment, and a sizeable work force of highly skilled employees we are able to handle any project up to 500 KV.
To support operational growth RS Line Contr. Co. is looking for a Purchasing Coordinator to join our team. Reporting to the Parts and Purchasing Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for assisting field staff to identify parts for purchase and input of inventory in the system. In addition this person will utilize Viewpoint to track and manage inventory by creating and submitting purchase orders; track incoming parts from vendors, while ensuring accuracy of all information, orders and shipments
The accountabilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Respond to telephone inquiries from field staff requesting parts or services
- Source and negotiate vendor pricing, terms, and delivery dates.
- Create and issue Viewpoint purchase orders to vendors.
- Issue field contact information and Viewpoint PO numbers to the Receiver, Validator, Shipper, to initiate the required follow-up and action.
- Maintain and develop strong working relationships with all vendors, field staff and management on project sites
- Assist Purchasing Manager in the creation and maintenance of blanket Viewpoint Purchase Orders for key suppliers and items needed for field projects
- Other duties as assigned from time to time.
As the successful candidate, you have …
- Strong working knowledge of purchasing and inventory management with a demonstrated ability to effectively negotiate with vendors
- 2-5 years’ experience working in purchasing and/or inventory management
- Construction industry experience would be considered an asset
- Experience with the day to day operation of computer purchasing software
- Excellent communication skills
- Customer service oriented and effective relationship building skills.
- Organized and must be able to multitask
- The ability to work effectively in and contribute to a team and diverse environment.
RS Line Contr. Co. offers Competitive Compensation, a Comprehensive Benefit Package and a Rewarding Employee Pension Plan!
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates who meet the requirements noted and who earn an invitation to interview will be contacted.