Forbes Bros. Ltd. has been meeting the electrical infrastructure design construction and maintenance needs of utilities and industry throughout Canada and the world since 1976. RS Line Contr. Co. operating under our parent company Forbes Bros. Ltd. forms one the largest power line construction companies in Western Canada. With our extensive fleet of conventional rubber tired and specialty all-terrain utility construction equipment, and a sizeable work force of highly skilled employees we are able to handle any project up to 750 KV.
Forbes Bros Ltd. is currently expanding our team by recruiting a motivated, energetic, outside of the box thinker, interested in pursuing a Payroll Administrator opportunity with our growing and dynamic company.
Reporting to the Payroll Manager, the Payroll Administrator will be responsible for basic payroll functions related to collecting, verifying and processing bi-weekly and weekly payroll for salaried and hourly employees.
The accountabilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Enter and process hours for employees and equipment across multiple provinces.
- Prepare and distribute T4’s, ROE’s and other payroll related reports.
- Create payroll and labour related reports as required.
- Calculate, track, balance and approve documents (insurance billings to actual deductions / benefits, taxable billings, employee garnishees, employee expenses, etc.)
- Respond to inquiries and requests for payroll information from employees.
- Contact managers and employees for additional information as required.
- Participate in the development of new payroll policies and procedures
- Verify compliance with federal and provincial legislation.
- Maintain strict confidentiality of privileged information.
As the successful candidate, you will have …
- Minimum 3 years payroll experience with preference given to those with experience processing payroll for 500+ employees
- Post-secondary diploma in Accounting or Business Administration
- Strong organizational and time-management skills with the ability to prioritize and execute multiple tasks with a high level of accuracy in a fast paced environment
- Intermediate level of knowledge in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Strong ethics, professionalism, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to deal effectively with others in a diverse environment
- Knowledge of Viewpoint would be considered an asset
Forbes Bros. Ltd. offers an attractive compensation package that includes a competitive salary, comprehensive benefit plan and a rewarding pension program. Forbes. Bros Ltd. has an open and team-oriented culture that focuses on communication, innovation and respect in the workplace.
**Please email your resume quoting “Payroll Admin – 122013EDM” in the Subject Line.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates who meet the requirements noted and who earn an invitation to interview will be contacted.