Forbes Bros. Ltd. (FBL) has been meeting the electrical infrastructure, design, construction and maintenance needs of utilities and industry throughout Canada and the world since 1976. FBL is one of the largest power line privately held power line construction companies in Canada. With our extensive fleet of conventional rubber tired and specialty all-terrain utility construction equipment, and a sizeable work force of highly skilled employees, whether it is new construction or emergency maintenance, FBL has conventional and specialty equipment and training to handle any project.
To support operational growth and its Zero Injury/Illness culture FBL is looking for 1 Mechanical / Materials Engineer - EIT to join their team!
Reporting to the Fleet Services Manager, and working closely with Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) - the successful candidate will perform duties associated with calculating, designing, or supporting various construction-related documents.
The accountabilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Develop, design or support various construction-related documents:
o Crane, hoist and lift equipment
o Operational equipment / machinery
o Engineered Lift Plans
o Grounding Plans
- Perform initial drafting, dimensioning, and layout of engineering / as-built drawings
- Inspection and certification of lift equipment and machinery
- Gather equipment cost estimate information
- Undertake technical calculations
As the successful candidate, you have …
- P. Eng. or EIT in Mechanical or Materials Engineering
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Entry level technical knowledge in the design and delivery of engineering projects
- Willingness to travel, support project work schedules, and pursue further professional development
- Proven ability to make decisions where only general policies and procedures are available requiring application of judgement and independent action
You possess …
- 1-3 years relevant industry experience (preference given to electrical utility and construction experience)
- Experience using computer applications including:
o SolidWorks, Autodesk Inventor, and/or AutoCAD
o Microsoft Office (Project, Work, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Experience developing and coordinating projects with a wide variety of key stakeholders.
- The ability to work effectively in and contribute to a team and diverse environment.
These position(s) are field based and requires candidates to:
- Have and maintain a valid driver's license and acceptable driver's abstract
- Successfully complete pre-employment drug and alcohol testing.
- Complete background screening and criminal record check