RS Line Contr. Co. has been meeting the electrical infrastructure, design, construction and maintenance needs of utilities and industry throughout Canada and the world since 1976. RS Line and parent company Remcon in Saskatchewan, together form one of the largest power line construction companies in Western Canada. With our extensive fleet of conventional rubber tired and specialty all-terrain utility construction equipment, and a sizeable work force of highly skilled employees, whether it is new construction or emergency maintenance, RS Line has the skills, workforce, equipment and training to handle any project.
To support operational growth, and its commitment to customer service, RS Line is looking for Material Manager’s to join their Project Management teams!
Reporting to the Project Director, the Material Manager is responsible for planning, organizing and reporting all elements of a construction project. It offers the opportunity to pursue a career in project management.
The accountabilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain a materials management system
- Act as a focal point for all materials on hold against a project or work order ensuring that the Material Management Process is adhered to
- Prioritize all expediting requirements for assigned projects
- Act as a focal point for all returning material from construction sites to ensure that it is correctly dealt with either through disposal or is brought back into inventory
- Identify items for disposal, organize and facilitate the disposal process in consultation with the Client and in accordance with applicable regulations
- Ability to read drawings and able understand technical specifications and quality requirements
- Carry out scheduled yard visits and perform audits and stock checks.
- Responsible for co-ordinating the review of material quality check reports
- Guarantee material availability through the use of Viewpoint Material Inventory module
- Manage Materials Coordinator’s to ensure services are provided to Client Control Standards and in accordance with Client Policies stipulated in the Service Agreement
- Promote safety in all areas
- Operate as One Team: Build strong win-win relationships with other departments within RS Line, including project management, construction management, accounting and IT.
As the successful candidate, you have:
- Diploma in Supply Chain Management or Materials and Logistics Management
- Hold or are workings towards SCMP designation
- Additional formal technical training would be considered an asset.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role combined with related industry experience
- Good organizational skills, the ability to prioritize work and consistently meet deadlines is required. This role offers a wide variety of tasks and operational pressures and the incumbent must be organized, flexible and resilient to deal with multiple requests for support and prioritize appropriately.
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to organize and express ideas clearly. Excellent communication skills are required (both oral and written) as the role requires regular communication with colleagues within the function and in other functions.
- Experience with material management software
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Access)
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate resources as well as the ability to analyze data and solve problems.
- Experience in building successful relationships
This job description is intended as a guide to the requirements of the position and is not intended to be definitive. The job description will be subject to review, together with the incumbent and according to the needs of the organization.
These positions are based at project sites located in Southern Alberta and may involve travel, mainly in the material yards areas.
Other Requirements of Employment
- Have and maintain a valid driver's license and acceptable driver's abstract
- Successfully complete pre-employment drug and alcohol testing
- Complete background screening and criminal record check
A competitive salary is offered commensurate with experience along with an excellent benefit package that includes disability, medical, dental, prescription drugs, vision care, and pension benefits.
Due to the volume of resumes expected to be received; only resumes from potential candidates who meet the requirements noted and who earn an invitation to interview will be contacted.
**Please email your resume with “Material Manager – 05062013” in the Subject Heading. Thank you for your interest in working with us at RS Line!