Forbes Bros. Ltd. is hiring a Journeyman Powerline Technician for the position of Foreman to supervise, coordinate and schedule the activities for field crews responsible for the construction, operation and maintenance of powerline distribution systems. This position is responsible for providing superior customer service and maintaining positive customer relations with sub-contractors and vendors at site specific distribution projects across Alberta.
Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Establishes methods to meet work schedules and co-ordinate work activities with other subcontractors and external clients
- Ensures safety standards and corporate policies are adhered to while performing construction, maintenance or repair work of energized and de-energized distribution systems
- Mentors and trains apprentice lineman
- Leads crew members, delegates tasks and organizes equipment and manpower for specific distribution project sites
- Strings overhead wire, sets poles and anchors
- Frequently works with energized high voltage systems requiring skill and care to protect the lives of themselves and others.
- Maintains company vehicles, equipment and tools in good working order
- A valid Journeyman Power Lineman Certificate and/or Interprovincial Red Seal certificate
- 3-5 years as a Foreman in distribution, construction and maintenance is required
- Valid class 3Q driver’s license
- Must be physically fit and able to work from heights
- Effective organization and planning skills
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities and strong communication skills
- Previous on call and troubleshooting experience preferred
- Willing and able to perform powerline construction work activities and work away from home and/or travel when required
This position is field based and requires candidates to:
- Have and maintain a valid driver's license and acceptable driver's abstract
- Successfully complete pre-employment drug and alcohol testing.
Please email your resume with qualifications and experience quoting "Foreman Distribution" in the subject heading.
Forbes Bros. Ltd. Competitive Wages, Comprehensive Benefits including dental, vision, health care, short and long-term disability and a Company Matched Pension Plan !
Please note that due to the high volume of resume received only successful candidates will be contacted.
RS Line Contr. Co. Ltd. has been meeting the electrical infrastructure design construction and maintenance needs of utilities and industry...