RS Line Contr. Co. Ltd. has been meeting the electrical infrastructure design construction and maintenance needs of utilities and industry throughout Canada and the world since 1976. RS Line and parent company Remcon Ltd. in Saskatchewan, together form one the largest power line construction companies in Western Canada. With our extensive fleet of conventional rubber tired and specialty all-terrain utility construction equipment, and a sizeable work force of highly skilled employees, we are able to handle any project up to 500kV.
To support operational growth, and its commitment to the environment, RS Line is looking for an Environmental Coordinator to join their Project Management team!
Reports to the Project Manager.
The successful candidate(s) will be responsible for ensuring that all project operational activities, undertaken or proposed by the Company, are aligned with the project construction environmental management/protection plans, regulations and all other relevant environmental documents and commitments.
The day-to-day responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Developing and implementing specialized environmental programs for each project/area, which ensure that work is completed in compliance with applicable customer standards and commitments that are reflected in the environmental management/protection plans; as well as all relevant provincial and/or federal regulations
- Proactive reporting of potential environmental issues to the project manager and recommending the implementation of appropriate actions
- Recommending mitigative measures for implementation and ensuring work is completed in compliance with all provincial and federal regulations
- Promoting safety in all areas
- Working closely with customer environmental teams, to ensure requirements are achieved
This description is intended as a guide to the requirements of the position and is not intended to be definitive. The job description will be subject to review, together with the incumbent and according to the needs of the organization.
As the successful candidate, you have:
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Demonstrated skills in written and verbal communication, coordinating resources as well as the ability to analyze data and solve problems
- Excellent analytic skills and the ability to organize and express ideas clearly
- Strong knowledge of provincial and federal regulations, codes, permits and approvals; as well as the technical application of these
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with RS Line personnel and outside representatives of applicable regulatory agencies.
- Experience building successful relationships
- Minimum of:
o University diploma or degree in the Environmental Sciences or equivalent;
o Graduation from an accredited college or university with a degree in environmental science, physical or biological science, industrial hygiene, or a closely related field;
o Masters and/or certification in environmental specialty area preferred; or any equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Professional designation (i.e. P.Biol., P.Ag., P.Chem, B.I.T.) in place or qualify for application for these
- 2 or more years of experience within the Construction Industry, preferably Power Transmission segment
- 5-10 years experience within the environmental sector (regulatory, consulting, non-government)
This position will be located at project site offices located throughout Alberta.
A competitive salary is offered commensurate with experience along with an excellent benefit package.
Due to the volume of resumes expected to be received; only resumes from potential candidates who meet the requirements noted and who earn an invitation to interview will be contacted.
**Please email your resume with “Environmental Coordinator – Competition No. 201304031” in the Subject Line