We are looking for a Full-Time Sales Manager with the passion and drive to provide extraordinary service to our customers. Come be a part of our winning team!
- Outline and communicate sales objectives and expectations; share targets with regards to margin, profitability, in stock, expenses, etc.
- Provide team members with the resources and encouragement to increase sales performance
- Trust and empower all employees to make decisions and take action to improve every customer experience
- Encourage store team to provide excellent customer service to all RONA customers ensuring that they have a unique and consistent customer experience
- Demonstrate and encourage RONA values by considering them in every store decision made and by ensuring team members are encouraged to do the same
- Support sales team by responding to customer concerns that are out of their scope of decision making; respond in an appropriate manner to ensure customer satisfaction
- Develop the sales team to maximize their individual and team contributions. Includes training, motivating, and coaching. Set clear expectations for service and sales performance results
- Participate in regular professional development and training
- Work with Store Manager to maximize profitability; work within budgets and control expenses through close monitoring of labour, inventory management, overhead and other store expenses
- MOD duties including directing store operations in the Store Manager’s absence; opening or closing the store, closing down computer systems, locking and shutting down the building
- Proven ability to lead the team in a culture of sales and service
- Provide exceptional customer service by inspiring and motivating others
- High energy level that is demonstrated on the sales floor while monitoring and providing direction and leadership for others
- Exemplary listening, communication and interpersonal skills
- Leadership capabilities. Proven ability and commitment to managing the performance of others; able to motivate, train, and coach others to a higher level of success and accountability
- Effective time management and problem solving skills
- Flexible availability based on store needs (includes evenings and weekends)
- Proficient computer skills and basic math skills
- High sense of urgency and drive; able to set priorities and deliver results within deadlines and ability to remain calm in stressful situations
- Physically demanding. Use of ladders and lifting techniques when required. Medium and heavy lifting is a major component of this position
- Overall knowledge of the business’ strategic position in their market. Knowledge of the building construction industry; trends, products, application techniques and projects an asset
- Retail management and sales experience in the Hardware and Renovation industry an asset
If you are interested in this position, please reply to this posting with a copy of your resume and cover letter.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.