About RM Auctions:
RM Auctions is the world's largest auction house for investment-quality automobiles. With over three decades of experience in the collector car industry, RM's vertically integrated range of services, from restoration to private treaty sales, auctions, estate planning, and financial services, coupled with an expert team of car specialists and an international footprint, provide an unsurpassed level of service to the global collector car market. RM proudly holds six of the top ten all-time records for the most expensive motor cars sold at auction, and RM’s restoration division has achieved unprecedented accolades, earning Best of Show honours at the world’s top concours events. For further information, please visit www.rmauctions.com, find us on Facebook, or follow us on Twitter @rmauctions.
Position Title: Director of Marketing
The Director of Marketing sets forth and executes the overall marketing strategy for RM Auctions, leading and developing a team of professionals involved in design, advertising, public relations and events. The Director of Marketing ensures that the consignments entrusted to RM Auctions are promoted effectively to RM’s international audience, as well as ensuring that the company’s services are promoted effectively on a global scale.
- Timely execution of all marketing projects and dockets, including catalogs, all print and direct mail advertising; digital marketing; onsite event design; event sponsorship and all associated marketing collateral; and proposals and other sales tools as requested by sales team.
- Fulfills role as Editor-in-Chief of corporate bi-annual magazine, responsible for all aspects of its publication.
- Provides initial creative direction and high-level insight for marketing content (i.e. wording, design, etc.) and secures appropriate approvals from senior management and/or auction managers to provide final approval on all marketing projects. Oversees accuracy of content in all marketing material.
- Oversees the various marketing schedules and budgets for all marketing activities.
- Conducts or commissions necessary market research to make informed budgetary decisions.
- Liaises with other managers, most regularly those for PR, Creative, Client Services and Research Departments, with whom timeliness, uniformity and consistency are important.
- Strong track record of documentable creative and innovative marketing accomplishments
- Demonstrated management experience, leading and developing high performing teams
- Ability to produce exceptional results under strict timelines.
- University degree required
- Superior communication ability, both in writing and in person.
- Industry knowledge preferred
- Strong computer ability, with proficiency in CRM preferred.
- Exceptional organization ability, attention to detail and timeliness.
- Creative background beneficial