Our client, a global construction materials business based in North Toronto is seeking an experienced and hands on Purchasing Category Manager. The Purchasing Category Manager will be responsible for cost-effective planning, execution and management of procurement activities for goods (direct materials), services and facilities maintenance.
More specifically your responsibilities will include but will not be limited to the following;
- Build upon existing policies and procedures to develop Purchasing Best Practices and ensure compliance.
- Provide monthly reports summarizing purchasing activity within the company.
- Document and keep current all supply agreements, blanket purchase orders and service contracts.
- Dealing with day-to-day supplier issues including issuing purchase orders, expediting shipments, dealing with non-conformance issues.
- Identifying cost saving opportunities and assess the merits of each potential opportunity.
- Prepare, analyze, and approve contracts for submission to senior management
You Must have:
- 7-10 years’ experience in a Purchasing role
- A University degree
- CSCMP or CPP
- Understanding of the basic concepts of finance and accounts, lean manufacturing and six sigma.
- Strong computer skills - experience in setting up spreadsheets MS Excel/Word a must.
- Proven business acumen, strong negotiation skills combined with good planning, prioritizing and organizational skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work on own and as part of a team, deliver with excellence, analyze results for future improvements and implement change as required.
- Sense of urgency, commitment to quality, attention to detail and the ability to think at a strategic level.
- Adaptable, flexible and responsive to changing organizational needs and requirements.
Please visit www.rkcanada.ca to create a profile, apply for this role or review other opportunities.
RK Canada is the parent company of RK Supply Chain (Canada) - www.rksupplychain.ca and RK Retail Chain - www.rkretailchain.ca