Founded in 2008, REV Engineering’s sole focus is electrical power, its generation, distribution, control, protection and safe utilization. REV is acknowledged throughout our industry as a leader in safety.
COMPANY NAME: REV Engineering Ltd.
POSITION TITLE: Shipper / Receiver
REPORTS TO: Production Coordinator
The Shipper / Receiver is responsible for being present at REV Engineering’s shipping / receiving area, managing deliveries and answering the door. This individual is also responsible for ensuring that the shipping and receiving areas are organized and free of obstructions.
POSITION DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintaining pallet racking and larger inventory, organized and flow of materials
- TDG Training (Transportation of Dangerous Goods), MSDS Sheets
- Proper and safe packaging of materials for shipments
- Complete documentation for shipping, packing slips, customs, and for our record keeping system (Epicor).
- Fill out bills of lading and call in couriers for pick-ups and tracking shipments
- Shipping and wrapping skids of metal out for paint
- Offloading trucks and operating a forklift as necessary
- Inspecting product upon arrival, checking for damage, signing with couriers, inspection & coordinating with production (get PM to verify)
- Document receiving in REV’s record system (Epicor), properly labeling product and controlled product with part numbers and jobs if required
- Putting product away on field service job shelves and to inventory room as required
- Tagging customer supplied product and documentation
- Performing all duties so as to meet the responsibilities listed in the Human Resources Policy Manual and Safety Manual
- Perform duties according to the REV’s quality procedures and work instructions.
- Executing ad-hoc tasks as required
- 5+ years shipping/receiving experience or a combination of applicable experience and education relevant to the role responsibilities
- Alberta Forklift Certification is considered an asset
- Basic computer skills with an interest in continued learning and skill development
- Previous experience with Epicor record system is considered an asset
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively in a team environment
- Excellent organization and time-management skills with high attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to perform all work in a safe manner, following work instructions and safe operating procedures
- Strong interpersonal skills; excellent verbal and written communication with ability to communicate with diverse personalities and experience levels
LOCATION: Calgary, AB
START DATE: As Soon As Possible
WAGE / SALARY: Negotiable
ITEMS TO INCLUDE IN APPLICATION: Resume / Cover Letter
HOW TO APPLY: Please respond to this post, listing the position title in the subject line, and attach your resume for review.
CONTACT NAME: Amanda
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE: Dec 20th, 2013
If you feel that you are uniquely qualified for this position please respond to this post, listing the position title in the subject line, and attach your resume for review.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position; however, only those who most closely match REV Engineering’s requirements will be contacted.
All information submitted to Salopek & Associates remains in strict confidence.
Salopek & Associates Ltd. is a team of human resource and business consultants specializing in strategy, human resources and board governance. We are available on an on-call basis to help you attract, retain and develop the right people and to put effective processes in place that will grow your business.
For more information on Salopek & Associates please visit our company website: www.salopekconsulting.com
This job description is intended as a summary of the primary responsibilities and qualifications for this position. The job description is not intended as inclusive of all duties an individual in this position might be asked to perform or of all qualifications that may be required either now or in the future.