Founded in 2008, REV Engineering’s sole focus is electrical power, its generation, distribution, control, protection and safe utilization. REV is acknowledged throughout our industry as a leader in safety.
COMPANY NAME: REV Engineering Ltd.
POSITION TITLE: Senior Field Service Representative
DEPARTMENT: Field Service
REPORTS TO: Field Service Supervisor
This position is well suited for a senior-level Power Systems Electrician or Electrical Technologist who is confident working with High Voltage power systems and interested in developing their career through continued field experience and leadership opportunity. With 3-5 years of field service experience, the ideal candidate will have a positive attitude and be a team player able to mentor apprentice technicians with the ambition to continue developing their leadership skills. Building your career at REV you will continue to receive extensive training on all safety precautions associated with working on or around High Voltage electrical equipment as well as training in the use of a variety of test equipment. The following training will typically be received by the successful applicant:
- Basic Protective Relaying
- Doble Engineering Training
- NETA Level II Certification
POSITION DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
Building your career with REV Engineering in a Senior Field Service Representative role you will be provided continued field experience and leadership opportunity. Duties will consist of involvement in Field Service projects and independently coordinating Electrical Maintenance and Commissioning projects at client facilities. Acting as a team leader, the position offers mentorship to apprentice technicians and the opportunity to develop leadership skills for continued development on a career path towards Project Manager with REV. The Senior Field Service Representative will be responsible for executing the following job functions:
- Continued Field Service involvement and project leadership
- Testing of microprocessor protective relays (Schweitzer, GE Multilin, etc.)
- Doble testing of electrical equipment (Transformers, Circuit breakers, etc.)
- Electrical switching and clearance for isolation
- Coordination of smaller projects independently of Supervisors and Project Managers
- Trouble shooting of electrical circuits, and providing support to other field staff in emergency situations
- Acting as a team leader and providing mentorship and training to apprentice technicians.
- Being involved in the 24hr emergency response rotation with REV Engineering
- Preparation of technical reports for completed services at clients facilities
- 3-5 years experience in a Power Systems Electrician or Electrical Engineering Technologist role
- Power Systems Electrician, Electrical Engineering Technologist Diploma or Electrical Engineering Degree from an accredited Canadian institution
- Experience in an industrial capacity with a notable willingness to learn and develop new skills
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Energetic team player interested in continuing their field experience
- Safety conscious with an interest in continued learning of safety precautions and procedures
- Exceptional written and verbal English communication skills
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION / REQUIREMENTS:
- Available for intermittent travel of short duration
- Experience working in variable weather conditions
- Flexibility to work 24/7 emergency hours
- On the job safety training will include: First Aid, WHIMIS, H2S Alive, CSTS, Fall Arrest, Confined Space, Basic Electrical Safety, Arc Flash Awareness
LOCATION: Calgary, AB
START DATE: ASAP
WAGE / SALARY: Competitive Wages & Comprehensive Benefit Package
ITEMS TO INCLUDE IN APPLICATION: Resume / Cover Letter
HOW TO APPLY: Please respond to this post, listing the position title in the subject line, and attach your resume for review.
CONTACT NAME: Amanda
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE: Will remain open until suitable candidate is found.
If you feel that you are uniquely qualified for this position please respond to this post, listing the position title in the subject line, and attach your resume for review.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position; however, only those who most closely match REV Engineering’s requirements will be contacted.
All information submitted to Salopek & Associates remains in strict confidence.
Salopek & Associates Ltd. is a team of human resource and business consultants specializing in strategy, human resources and board governance. We are available on an on-call basis to help you attract, retain and develop the right people and to put effective processes in place that will grow your business.
For more information on Salopek & Associates please visit our company website: www.salopekconsulting.com
This job description is intended as a summary of the primary responsibilities and qualifications for this position. The job description is not intended as inclusive of all duties an individual in this position might be asked to perform or of all qualifications that may be required either now or in the future.