Founded in 2008, Rev Engineering’s sole focus is electrical power, its generation, distribution, control, protection and safe utilization. Rev is acknowledged throughout our industry as a leader in safety.
COMPANY NAME: REV Engineering Ltd.
POSITION TITLE: Production Manager
REPORTS TO: VP Manufacturing
The Production Manager is responsible for overseeing all operations, projects and relationships within a rapidly growing manufacturing division. Managing a diverse team of both employees and subcontractors, this position is responsible for ensuring that the production design, project management and purchasing communication requirements are consistently met.
POSITION DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Directs overall activities of the production department
- Recruits production staff and provides or arranges training as needed
- Conducts weekly production meetings to discuss and resolve job status, issues, deadlines, etc.
- Conducts daily production meetings with Lead Hands to ensure schedule is adhered to and major issues are addressed
- Attends and provides input to status update meetings with VP of Manufacturing as requested
- Manages overall production schedule and shop space usage
- Attends job kick off meetings as called by project managers
- Communicates with designers and project managers to discuss job designs, loading, crossover
- Ensures production staff are following REV Engineering’s safety and quality policies
- Receives weekly timesheets from manufacturing staff and reviews before submitting to HR
- Monitors stock levels of standard parts and replenishes as needed
- Executes various operational and managerial tasks as required
- Experience in manufacturing skid mounted equipment, with a preference given to electrical equipment
- Demonstrated leadership/management ability to ensure proper training and development of direct reports
- Experience in a manufacturing/production or comparable environment will be given preference
- Experience in a similar Production Manager role would be preferred
- Minimum High School Graduate from a Canadian school
- Demonstrated ability to develop and manage internal and external relationships including employee groups and subcontractors
- Excellent organization and time-management skills with high attention to detail
- Strong team leadership and facilitation skills with the ability to gain consensus
- Superior interpersonal skills; excellent verbal and written communication with ability to communicate with diverse personalities and experience levels
- Enthusiastic, energetic, self-motivated
- Strong computer skills (MS Office)
LOCATION: Calgary, AB
START DATE: As Soon As Possible
WAGE / SALARY: Negotiable
ITEMS TO INCLUDE IN APPLICATION: Resume / Cover Letter
HOW TO APPLY: Please respond to this post, listing the position title in the subject line, and attach your resume and cover letter for review.
CONTACT NAME: Amanda
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE: March 31st, 2013
If you feel that you are uniquely qualified for this position please respond to this post, listing the position title in the subject line, and attach your resume and cover letter for review.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position; however, only those who most closely match REV Engineering’s requirements will be contacted.
All information submitted to Salopek & Associates remains in strict confidence.
Salopek & Associates Ltd. is a team of human resource and business consultants specializing in strategy, human resources and board governance. We are available on an on-call basis to help you attract, retain and develop the right people and to put effective processes in place that will grow your business.
For more information on Salopek & Associates please visit our company website: www.salopekconsulting.com
This job description is intended as a summary of the primary responsibilities and qualifications for this position. The job description is not intended as inclusive of all duties an individual in this position might be asked to perform or of all qualifications that may be required either now or in the future.