Founded in 2008, Rev Engineering’s sole focus is electrical power, its generation, distribution, control, protection and safe utilization. Rev is acknowledged throughout our industry as a leader in safety.
COMPANY NAME: REV Engineering Ltd.
POSITION TITLE: Office Administrator
REPORTS TO: General Manager
The Office Administrator performs supervisory, human resources, administrative and custodial duties including problem solving and identifying and planning for the changing needs of REV Engineering. The role will involve evaluating and streamlining processes and procedures, including the management of resources for efficiency and effectiveness. Responsible for participating in and/or overseeing the administrative operations of the company, this position ensures contacts are made with all employees, professional resources, vendors, maintenance, security, related trades people, and other internal and external parties as required.
POSITION DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervise reception function, which includes reporting, mailing and filing of client documents, coordinating travel arrangements, photocopier upkeep, and managing office supplies
- Co-ordinate with hiring agency and supervisor on hiring activities, such as facilitating interviews and preparing offer letters
- Facilitate and arrange new hire orientation, including pre-hire checks, training required, and paper work
- Administer anniversary and safety awards
- Co-ordinate with service provider on “HR on-call” cases
- Co-ordinate drug testing with service provider and employees
- Maintain and advise on interpretation of HR policies
- Assist supervisors with the administration of the employee performance review process
- Maintain and ensure the completeness of paper and computerized HR records
- Administer employee group benefits and RRSP enrollment; process changes and terminations
- Provide training and clarification to help employees understand the benefits programs
- Co-ordinate and administer disability claims, including WCB claims
- Ensure compliance with WCB requirements
- Process WCB clearance letters upon request
- Administer and co-ordinate client contracts
- Maintain and enforce administrative processes
- Organize company events (golf tournaments, open house, Christmas parties and monthly safety lunches)
- Administer phone lines, purchase and assignment of cell phones, land lines and handsets
- Co-ordinate with call center ensuring Emergency Service line is operating properly
- Co-ordinate with IT service provider maintaining network users, purchasing and assignment of IT equipment, as well as IT general requests
- Maintain internal updates on company’s website
- Ensure insurance certificates and information, such as client certificate, driver license and asset lists, are up to date with insurance company
- Oversee building maintenance, such as HVAC and plumbing, ensuring efficient operation
- Co-ordinate and oversee facility maintenance, including lawn, snow removal, cleaners, garbage removal and recycling, keys, security alarm and camera, monthly inspection of extinguishers, and fire drills
- Perform ad-hoc projects as required
- Business Administration certificate or diploma
- 3-5 years experience in similar role
- Experience in Human Resources, safety and WCB would be an asset
- Enthusiastic, energetic, self-motivated individual
- Excellent organization skills with high attention to detail
- Superior interpersonal skills; excellent verbal and written communication
- Strong computer skills (MS Office)
LOCATION: Calgary, AB
START DATE: As Soon As Possible
WAGE / SALARY: Industry Average
ITEMS TO INCLUDE IN APPLICATION: Resume / Cover Letter
HOW TO APPLY: Please respond to this post, listing the position title in the subject line, and attach your resume and cover letter for review.
CONTACT NAME: Amanda
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE: February 15th, 2013
If you feel that you are uniquely qualified for this position please respond to this post, listing the position title in the subject line, and attach your resume and cover letter for review.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position; however, only those who most closely match REV Engineering’s requirements will be contacted.
All information submitted to Salopek & Associates remains in strict confidence.
Salopek & Associates Ltd. is a team of human resource and business consultants specializing in strategy, human resources and board governance. We are available on an on-call basis to help you attract, retain and develop the right people and to put effective processes in place that will grow your business.
For more information on Salopek & Associates please visit our company website: www.salopekconsulting.com
This job description is intended as a summary of the primary responsibilities and qualifications for this position. The job description is not intended as inclusive of all duties an individual in this position might be asked to perform or of all qualifications that may be required either now or in the future.