Founded in 2008, REV Engineering’s sole focus is electrical power, its generation, distribution, control, protection and safe utilization. Rev is acknowledged throughout our industry as a leader in safety.
COMPANY NAME: REV Engineering Ltd.
POSITION TITLE: Intermediate Field Service Representative
DEPARTMENT: Field Service
REPORTS TO: Field Service Supervisor
This position is well suited for a mid-level Power Systems Electrician or Electrical Technologist with 2-3 years experience working with High Voltage power systems. Beginning your career at REV you will continue to receive extensive training on all safety precautions associated with working on or around High Voltage electrical equipment as well as training in the use of a variety of test equipment. Training in this period will include re-certification on many of the safety courses taken within the first couple years of your professional career. The following additional training will typically be received by the successful applicant.
- Basic Protective Relaying
- Doble Engineering Training
- NETA Level II Certification
POSITION DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
The first 2-3 years of employment with REV Engineering in a Field Service Representative role is utilized to provide the employee with a field side vantage of company operations. Duties will consist of continued involvement in Field Service projects (Electrical Maintenance and Commissioning projects at client facilities such as Oil and Gas sites, Coal mines, Industrial facilities, Commercial properties, etc.) with an introduction to and experience in the following additional areas:
- Continued Field Service assistance
- Testing of microprocessor protective relays (Schweitzer, GE Multilin, etc.)
- Doble testing of electrical equipment (Transformers, Circuit breakers, etc.)
- Electrical switching and clearance for isolation
- Coordination of smaller projects independently of Supervisors and Project Managers
- Trouble shooting of electrical circuits, and providing support to other field staff in emergency situations
- Being involved in the 24hr emergency response rotation with REV Engineering
- Preparation of technical reports for completed services at clients facilities
- 2-3 years experience in a Power Systems Electrician or Electrical Engineering Technologist role.
- Power Systems Electrician Apprentice or Electrical Engineering Technologist Diploma from an accredited Canadian institution
- Experience in an industrial capacity with a notable willingness to learn and develop new skills
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Energetic team player interested in gaining field experience
- Safety conscious with an interest in continued learning of safety precautions and procedures
- Exceptional written and verbal English communication skills
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION / REQUIREMENTS:
- Available for intermittent travel of short duration
- Experience working in variable weather conditions
- Flexibility to work 24/7 emergency hours
- On the job training will include: First Aid, WHIMIS, H2S Alive, CSTS, Fall Arrest, Confined Space, Basic Electrical Safety, Arc Flash Awareness
LOCATION: Calgary, AB
START DATE: ASAP
WAGE / SALARY: Competitive / Industry Average
ITEMS TO INCLUDE IN APPLICATION: Resume / Cover Letter
HOW TO APPLY: Please respond to this post, listing the position title in the subject line, and attach your resume for review.
CONTACT NAME: Amanda
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE: May. 15th, 2013
If you feel that you are uniquely qualified for this position please respond to this post, listing the position title in the subject line, and attach your resume for review.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position; however, only those who most closely match REV Engineering’s requirements will be contacted.
All information submitted to Salopek & Associates remains in strict confidence.
Salopek & Associates Ltd. is a team of human resource and business consultants specializing in strategy, human resources and board governance. We are available on an on-call basis to help you attract, retain and develop the right people and to put effective processes in place that will grow your business.
For more information on Salopek & Associates please visit our company website: www.salopekconsulting.com
This job description is intended as a summary of the primary responsibilities and qualifications for this position. The job description is not intended as inclusive of all duties an individual in this position might be asked to perform or of all qualifications that may be required either now or in the future.