Founded in 2008, REV Engineering’s sole focus is electrical power, its generation, distribution, control, protection and safe utilization. Rev is acknowledged throughout our industry as a leader in safety.
COMPANY NAME: REV Engineering Ltd.
POSITION TITLE: Field Service Representative
DEPARTMENT: Field Service
REPORTS TO: Field Service Supervisor
The first year of employment as a Field Service Representative is primarily considered an introduction to High Voltage power systems. During this period you will receive extensive training on all safety precautions associated with working on or around High Voltage electrical equipment as well as training in the use of a variety of test equipment. At the end of this period you will be familiar with many of the electrical products commonly used in industry and have at least a basic knowledge in operating characteristics of each item.
POSITION DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
The first year of employment with REV Engineering in a Field Service Representative role is utilized to provide the employee with a field side vantage of company operations. Work in this period will typically be providing assistance on Electrical Maintenance and Commissioning projects at client facilities (Oil and Gas sites, Coal mines, Industrial facilities, Commercial properties, etc.).
Typical tasks will include:
- Cleaning and inspection of high voltage electrical equipment
- Testing for absence of potential and assisting with grounding
- Testing of circuit breakers, transformers, motor starters, cables, etc. using a variety of electrical test equipment
- Use of hand tools (screwdrivers, sockets, site cutters, wiring tools, etc.) on a day to day basis
- Use of basic power tools (drills, jigsaws, grinders) on a day to day basis
- Electrical Engineering Technologist Diploma from an accredited Canadian institution
- Experience in an industrial capacity with a notable willingness to learn and develop new skills
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Energetic team player interested in gaining field experience
- Safety conscious with an interest in continued learning of safety precautions and procedures
- Exceptional written and verbal English communication skills
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION / REQUIREMENTS:
- Available for intermittent travel of short duration
- Experience working in variable weather conditions
- Flexibility to work 24/7 emergency hours
- On the job training will include: First Aid, WHIMIS, H2S Alive, CSTS, Fall Arrest, Confined Space, Basic Electrical Safety, Arc Flash Awareness
LOCATION: Calgary, AB
START DATE: May 1st, 2013
WAGE / SALARY: Industry Average
ITEMS TO INCLUDE IN APPLICATION: Resume / Cover Letter
HOW TO APPLY: Please respond to this post, listing the position title in the subject line, and attach your resume for review.
CONTACT NAME: Amanda
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE: Mar. 31st, 2013
If you feel that you are uniquely qualified for this position please respond to this post, listing the position title in the subject line, and attach your resume for review.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position; however, only those who most closely match REV Engineering’s requirements will be contacted.
All information submitted to Salopek & Associates remains in strict confidence.
Salopek & Associates Ltd. is a team of human resource and business consultants specializing in strategy, human resources and board governance. We are available on an on-call basis to help you attract, retain and develop the right people and to put effective processes in place that will grow your business.
For more information on Salopek & Associates please visit our company website: www.salopekconsulting.com
This job description is intended as a summary of the primary responsibilities and qualifications for this position. The job description is not intended as inclusive of all duties an individual in this position might be asked to perform or of all qualifications that may be required either now or in the future.