Founded in 2008, REV Engineering’s sole focus is electrical power, its generation, distribution, control, protection and safe utilization. Rev is acknowledged throughout our industry as a leader in safety.
COMPANY NAME: REV Engineering Ltd.
POSITION TITLE: Field Service Engineer
REPORTS TO: Lead Electrical Engineer
This position is well suited for a recent graduate in Electrical Engineering. Beginning your career at REV you will receive extensive training associated with the design, fabrication, utilization and maintenance of High Voltage electrical equipment as well as training in all associated safety precautions. Training in the orientation period will include certification on many safety related courses as well as introductory training into various software programs used in the design and maintenance of power system components. The following additional training will typically be provided to the successful applicant.
- Basic Protective Relaying
- Doble Engineering Training
- NETA Level II Certification
POSITION DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
The first 1-3 years of employment with REV Engineering in a Field Service Engineer role is utilized to provide the employee with a field side vantage on the use of High Voltage power distribution equipment in Industry. Duties will consist of Field Service projects (Electrical Maintenance and Commissioning projects at client facilities such as Oil and Gas sites, Coal mines, Industrial facilities, Commercial properties, etc.) and power system studies with an introduction to and experience in the following additional areas:
- Testing of microprocessor protective relays (Schweitzer, GE Multilin, etc.)
- Completion of power system studies using SKM/ETAP software
- Assistance with control logic and relay design including creation of drawings and relay setpoint files
- Doble testing of electrical equipment (Transformers, Circuit breakers, etc.)
- Electrical switching and clearance for isolation
- Coordination of smaller projects independently of Supervisors and Project Managers
- Trouble shooting of electrical circuits, and providing support to other field staff in emergency situations
- Preparation of technical reports for completed services at clients facilities
- Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Strong mechanical aptitude would be a benefit
- Energetic team player interested in gaining field experience
- Safety conscious with an interest in continued learning of safety precautions and procedures
- Exceptional written and verbal English communication skills
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION / REQUIREMENTS:
- Available for intermittent travel of short duration
- Flexibility to work 24/7 emergency hours
- On the job training will include: First Aid, WHIMIS, H2S Alive, CSTS, Fall Arrest, Confined Space, Basic Electrical Safety, Arc Flash Awareness
LOCATION: Calgary, AB
START DATE: ASAP
WAGE / SALARY: Competitive / Industry Average
ITEMS TO INCLUDE IN APPLICATION: Resume / Cover Letter
HOW TO APPLY: Please respond to this post, listing the position title in the subject line, and attach your resume for review.
CONTACT NAME: Amanda
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE: June 15th, 2013
If you feel that you are uniquely qualified for this position please respond to this post, listing the position title in the subject line, and attach your resume for review.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position; however, only those who most closely match REV Engineering’s requirements will be contacted.
All information submitted to Salopek & Associates remains in strict confidence.
Salopek & Associates Ltd. is a team of human resource and business consultants specializing in strategy, human resources and board governance. We are available on an on-call basis to help you attract, retain and develop the right people and to put effective processes in place that will grow your business.
For more information on Salopek & Associates please visit our company website: www.salopekconsulting.com
This job description is intended as a summary of the primary responsibilities and qualifications for this position. The job description is not intended as inclusive of all duties an individual in this position might be asked to perform or of all qualifications that may be required either now or in the future.