Founded in 2008, REV Engineering’s sole focus is electrical power, its generation, distribution, control, protection and safe utilization. REV is acknowledged throughout our industry as a leader in safety.
COMPANY NAME: REV Engineering Ltd.
POSITION TITLE: Electrical Engineer
REPORTS TO: Engineering Manager
This position is well suited for a mid-level Engineer with 2-5 years of experience in high voltage power system design. Beginning your career at REV you will continue to receive extensive training associated with the design, fabrication, utilization and maintenance of high voltage electrical equipment as well as training in all associated safety precautions.
POSITION DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
Duties will consist of power system studies, protection and control design and upgrades, as well as visits to customer facilities in a variety of market segments, which include facilities such as Oil and Gas sites, Coal mines, Industrial facilities, Commercial properties, etc.) An introduction to and experience in the following additional areas will be gained at REV Engineering:
- Testing and programing of microprocessor protective relays (Schweitzer, GE Multilin, etc.)
- Completion of power system studies using SKM/ETAP software
- Assistance with control logic and relay design including creation of drawings and relay setpoint files
- Coordination of smaller projects independently of Supervisors and Project Managers
- Trouble shooting of electrical circuits, and providing support to field staff
- Preparation of technical reports for completed services at and for clients facilities
- 2-5 years of experience in an Electrical Engineering role
- Degree in Electrical Engineering and current registration with APEGA
- Experience with SKM or ETAP Engineering Software Products
- Experience in an industrial capacity with a notable willingness to learn and develop new skills
- Safety conscious with an interest in continued learning of safety precautions and procedures
- Exceptional written and verbal English communication skills
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION / REQUIREMENTS:
- Available for intermittent travel of short duration
- On the job training will include: First Aid, WHIMIS, H2S Alive, CSTS, Basic Electrical Safety, Arc Flash Awareness
LOCATION: Calgary, AB
START DATE: ASAP
WAGE / SALARY: Competitive Compensation and Benefits Package
ITEMS TO INCLUDE IN APPLICATION: Resume / Cover Letter
HOW TO APPLY: Please respond to this post, listing the position title in the subject line, and attach your resume for review.
CONTACT NAME: Amanda Salopek
If you feel that you are uniquely qualified for this position please respond to this post, listing the position title in the subject line, and attach your resume for review.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position; however, only those who most closely match REV Engineering’s requirements will be contacted.
All information submitted to REV Engineering with be reviewed by Salopek & Associates and remains in strict confidence.
For more information on REV Engineering please visit our company website: www.reveng.ca
This job description is intended as a summary of the primary responsibilities and qualifications for this position. The job description is not intended as inclusive of all duties an individual in this position might be asked to perform or of all qualifications that may be required either now or in the future.