RESULTS Canada is seeking 6 (six) globally-minded, organized and enthusiastic young Canadians to serve as Youth Mobilization Coordinators for the upcoming RESULTS Canada Live Below the Line campaign. The internships will last for approximately 3 months, from mid-February to mid-May 2014. The six cities we are targeting include: Halifax/ Saint John, Montreal, Ottawa, Winnipeg, Calgary and Vancouver. However, interested candidates on campus in other cities are still encouraged to apply!
About RESULTS Canada
RESULTS’ mission is to create the public and political will to end poverty by empowering individuals to exercise their personal and political power for change. We believe that every individual has the power to help create a world without poverty.
This year, in support of our work, we are taking part in a major, celebrity-backed national fundraising campaign designed to raise awareness of extreme poverty and to inspire people into action against it, while also raising money to support RESULTS’ work. Through Live Below the Line, we're challenging Canadians to live on $1.75 a day from April 28 - May 2. Let's change how we look at extreme poverty!
The campaign is an exciting, dynamic challenge event unlike any other in Canada and last year was a great success. To support the campaign this year, we’re looking for six passionate, self-motivated and confident interns to help us engage as many people as possible in the campaign. This is an excellent opportunity to gain experience working on a major national fundraising campaign around an important development issue and collaborating with volunteers, development professionals and the media.
In collaboration with the Fundraising Manager, responsibilities will include:
- Leading our outreach to sign people up and engage Canadians as participants to take on the challenge of living a week with less than 1,75$ a day, and collect donations on behalf of RESULTS by participating in the Live Below the Line campaign;
- Locating and engaging individuals and groups within your campus, city and region on the issue of extreme poverty;
- Act as liaison between the RESULTS Canada Fundraising Manager and participants on questions and ideas related to the campaign;
- Organize activities and generate media coverage for local participants particularly throughout the week of the challenge (April 28 to May 2) and their activities and events;
- Organizing a celebratory event for all the participants in your area at the end of the event.
- Experience and confidence to speak to and motivate individuals and groups.
- Knowledge of/interest in international development and confidence to speak about these issues to groups of people
- Excellent organizational skills including experience organizing events
- Experience of working with volunteers and/or community and student groups
- Good interpersonal skills, including a sense of humour and the ability to motivate self and others
- Willingness to network with people from a diverse range of backgrounds
A small stipend to successful applicants will be provided.
To apply for this internship position, send a CV and cover letter explaining your motivation and ideas for outreach on this campaign by February 19, 2014.