To help drive our continued growth, we are looking for a high energy, results-focused individual for the following role:
Position: Administrative Assistant
Reports to: Executive Assistant
The ideal candidate will display a professional demeanor and be experienced in handling a wide range of administrative and executive support related tasks. This person must be exceedingly well organized, flexible and enjoy the administrative challenges of supporting a number of senior executives. The ability to interact with staff (at all levels) in a fast paced environment, sometimes under pressure, remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient, with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality is crucial to this role.
The Administrative Assistant provides administrative support, clerical services, reception coverage and project based work under the direction of the Executive Assistant and the Senior Management Team. The role is required to operate during regular business hours to ensure support is provided to the Executive Assistant and the Senior Management Team with the highest standards of professionalism and courtesy.
Key Role Responsibilities and Functions:
- Provide general administration assistance to the EA on a daily basis, including but not limited to photocopying, printing documents, sending facsimiles and emails as requested; setting up boardrooms, preparing coffee, creating name badges, collating presentation documents, and preparing AV equipment
- Assist in preparation of board meeting materials
- Co-ordinate President’s compliment cards and log monthly for President’s review
- Handle escalated customer complaints in the absence of the EA
- Perform administrative & clerical duties for the Vice President as requested, including but not limited to scheduling meetings; Organizing New Hire Orientation schedules as requested; filing expense reports; travel arrangements; provide support for the quarterly leadership conference calls; co-ordinate investor mailings on behalf of the CFO; open/date stamp and distribute incoming mail when VP is out of the office longer than 2 days
- Provide reception relief for the receptionist for illness/vacation, lunch hours & breaks
- Maintain Executive Boardrooms 12A & B, ensure that the AV equipment is maintained.
- Co-ordinate requests for repair services and schedule monthly service call for Lansing Floors.
- Maintain departmental filing system
- Maintains spare keys list for offices and workstations at Lansing
- Maintain cleanliness of 12th floor lunchroom to ensure it is kept clean and clutter free
- Maintain cleaning schedule for kitchens on the 12th, 11th, 9th and 8th floors and send out monthly cleaning notice to employees prior to the fridges being cleaned
- Support Lansing’s Annual United Way Campaign Committee
- University education
- 3 years experience in an Administrative role
- Intermediate computer skills in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and Outlook
- A professional manner with a drive for exceptional customer service is essential.
- Effective communication skills (written and verbal)
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Organizational and planning skills
- Ability to multitask and work independently
- Be a team player
- Appetite to learn new skills