Position: Accounts Receivable Clerk
Reports to: Controller-Ottawa
Perform the day-to-day processing of accounts receive functions for all divisions within the company to ensure transactions are maintained in an effective, timely and accurate manner.
Enter all customer invoices into in the accounting system.
Process payments through the credit card system.
Record payments against customer accounts (from all sources).
Reconcile payments received against payments posted.
Investigate and respond to customer inquiries.
Carry out collection activities for all accounts in a non-overdue status.
Maintain accounts receivable customer files.
Report to the Corporate office cash receipts/deposits made into banks.
Prepare daily bank deposit and maintain accurate reporting.
Prepare daily/weekly/monthly reports as required.
Provide assistance with month end closings on a timely basis.
Complete special projects or miscellaneous duties as may be required from time to time as assigned by the Controller.
- 2 to 3 years progressive experience in a high volume Accounts Receivable environment
- College diploma in bookkeeping/accounting
- Proven track record in collection past due amounts
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; able to communicate with a diverse group of internal and external individuals.
- Strong Microsoft office skills (MS Office, Word, Excel)
- Team player comfortable working as part of a close-knit team.
- Highly motivated self starter able to take initiative and problem solve.
- Customer focused when dealing both internal and external customers.
- Strong analytical skills with emphasis on detail and accuracy.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Responsive and able to easily adapt to change.
Reliance Home Comfort provides HVAC and Water Heater Services in Canada.