Change _Your_ Career for the Better.
Winner of two provincially recognized 2012 Awards of Distinction, and a recipient of the 2012 Energy Star Participant of the Year award, Reid’s Heritage Group of Companies is a world-class organization. With interests in residential, assisted living, commercial, plumbing and HVAC projects, our family-owned company is celebrating nearly 35 years in business. We strive to employ highly skilled individuals who both exemplify and live out our Core Values. Our team members are passionate about their work, and their high energy and creativity drive innovation. As a result, our team is growing and we invite you to take this opportunity to be part of the momentum.
Land Development Planner
Reporting to the Director of Land Acquisitions, the Land Development Planner will manage land development projects – from acquisition through the municipal approval process. This will entail coordinating with other Reid’s Heritage team members, including consultants, and government authorities to ensure a seamless process. As a Land Development Planner, you will be expected to travel to jobsites and municipal offices for inspections and meetings.
The duties and responsibilities of the Land Development Planner will include:
- Organizing and routinely maintaining land development project files
- Monitoring and ensuring that current mapping and planning documents are available and accessible
- Participating as a key team member in strategizing solutions to Official Plan and zoning by-law amendment and other policy impediments that may affect land development projects
- Preparing, and processing to approval, applications for minor variance, consent and sign by-law variances as needed, which will require a presentation before the Committee of Adjustment and/or City Council
- Overseeing the preparation and submission of applications for site plan approval in various municipalities, liaising with staff to approval, coordinating sub-consultants as needed, and following through to completion and final acceptance by the municipality, including approval of draft plan of condominiums
- Preparing and processing all condominium-related applications while coordinating, as needed, with legal and property management disciplines
- Overseeing, and/or assisting with, subdivision design and approvals and, ultimately, registration of plans of subdivision either by phase or in their entirety, which will require liaising effectively with municipal staff and approval agency personnel and coordinating all required technical expertise
- Coordinating internal design approvals within various departments
- Providing public presentations in forums such as Planning Advisory Committees, Informal Public Meetings and City Council meetings
- Taking a lead team role in identifying and managing policy changes that may affect the development approvals process at all government levels
- Undertaking planning evaluations on new land acquisition opportunities, as directed by the Director of Land Acquisitions
- Providing scheduling input for team milestones, as directed by the Director of Land Acquisitions and the Director of Land Development
The successful candidate for the role of Land Development Planner will demonstrate:
- An undergraduate degree or college diploma in Planning or equivalent
- 5 to 10 years of experience working in urban planning
- A firm understanding of land development
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office applications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to meet deadlines in a rapidly changing business environment
- The ability to manage projects effectively, on time and on budget
- A commitment to teamwork, personal accountability, initiative, leadership and integrity
- Experience with Microsoft Project, a definite plus
This position offers exceptional long-term opportunity and potential. If you have a lot to offer, we have a lot to give! Add your energy to ours and join the Reid’s Heritage Homes team by submitting your cover letter and resume by Sunday, February 10, 2013, or by completing our online Job Application Form. For more information, visit www.reidsheritagehomes.com.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.