Reporting to the HR Manager, the entry level position will assist in all facets of human resources. The opportunity exists for this candidate to develop their skill set for an eventual transition to an HR Coordinator/Generalist.
- Front-line contact ensuring that employee queries are addressed
- Employ a range of effective communication and problem solving skills to maintain a positive employee relations climate
- Recruiting, hiring and orienting hourly employees
- Maintain employee files; attendance management
- Bi-weekly hourly time and attendance for payroll (KRONOS)
- Benefits administration including Service Award Program
- Active member of the Workplace Safety and Health Committee; oversee the administration of WCB and disability program
- Provide administrative support for all Human Resources, training and EHS related activities.
- HR degree/diploma or equivalent,
- Applicant pursuing/attained CHRP designation preferred.
- HR experience - manufacturing background an asset
- Exemplary management of confidential information; strong interpersonal skills
- Above average communication and organizational skills with superior attention to detail
- Self motivated with a sense of urgency
- Knowledge of payroll and HR related legislation
- Knowledge/experience with EHS and training as asset
- Understanding of and ability to work comfortably in a multi-cultural environment
- Proficient in MS Office; experience in KRONOS payroll system and SAP/HR an asset
Indeed - 8 months ago