REACH Community Health Centre, Vancouver, BC.
REACH is 40 year old community health centre with a history of primary care innovation and commitment to equality and social justice. We are seeking a Registered Nurse with Certified Practice to join our team in providing primary care to our community here is East Vancouver. You would be part of an interdisciplinary team that includes physicians, counselor, dietician, community workers in immigrant and refugee communities and a busy dental clinic. Our practice is growing and provides care to families and individuals of all ages.
Currently this is a 0 .8 – 1.0 (28-35 hours/wk.) position for a one year term with the possibility of extension and permanent status.
- current RN registration with CRNBC.
- CRNBC practice certification in reproductive health, sexually transmitted infections and contraceptive management.
- Two to three years’ experience in primary care or out-patient clinics.
- CRNBC practice certification “RN First Call” or “Remote Nursing” or equivalent experience.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively as a member of an interdisciplinary team
- Ability to communicate effectively and work in a respectful way with a wide range of patients
- experience in chronic disease and mental health
- experience providing group visits
- commitment to REACH’s values, mission and vision.
The term position is 4- 5 days/week, and includes an early evening shift at times.
Submit resume to Carol Ranger, Medical Team Leader or fax to 604-254-8789
REACH Community Health Centre, 1145 Commercial Drive, Vancouver, BC. V5L 3X3.
Posted: April 1, 2013
Deadline: April 19, 2013 or until filled
We are grateful for your interest but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.