Registered Nurse- Primary Care
REACH Community Health Centre, Vancouver, BC.
Established in 1969, REACH is a Community Health Centre with a history of primary care innovation and a commitment to equality and social justice in East Vancouver. REACH is dedicated to providing high quality integrated health care to East Vancouver’s residents - families and individuals of all ages, with a focus on clients with complex social, mental or physical needs. We have an interdisciplinary approach to care within our medical, dental, pharmacy and multi-cultural outreach programs. Specifically, the health care program is growing and includes a team of physicians, nurses, pharmacist, counselor, dietician, and support staff.
2. Position summary
We are seeking a registered nurse with certified practice to join our team to care for families and individuals across their lifespan. The nurse will be working cooperatively as part of our interdisciplinary team and be committed to the goal of improving the health of people living in the community. Activities include screening, assessment and treatment for minor and acute illnesses within nursing scope of practice, management of chronic conditions in individual or group settings, health promotion and education.
This is a 0.8 FTE (28 hours/wk.) position and includes early evening or week-end shifts at times. This is a term position to end on March 31, 2014 with the possibility of extension and permanent status.
3. Qualifications required
- Current RN registration with CRNBC.
- CRNBC practice certification in reproductive health, sexually transmitted infections and contraceptive management.
- CRNBC practice certification “RN First Call” or “Remote Nursing” or equivalent experience.
- Two to three years’ experience in primary care or out-patient clinics.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively as a member of an interdisciplinary team
- Ability to communicate effectively and work in a respectful way with a wide range of patients
- Experience in managing chronic disease and mental health
- Experience providing group visits
- Commitment to REACH’s values, mission and vision
Submit resume to Nicole LeMire, Operations Manager or fax to 604-254-8789 REACH Community Health Centre, 1145 Commercial Drive, Vancouver, BC. V5L 3X3 or by email. We are grateful for your interest but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Posted until filled: July 3, 2013 Salary Range: $35.39- 40.05 per hour plus a benefits package. Please note the certification requirements, thanks!