LOOKING FOR A NEW ADVENTURE…?
OPEN DATE: June 6, 2014
CLOSE DATE: Upon Successful Hire
POSITION STATUS: Full Time
HOURS: Monday – Friday | Hours vary by clinic
LOCATION: Various Locations Calgary, AB
If you are an enthusiastic Diagnostic Medical Sonographer with an interest in providing state-of-the-art medical imaging and specialized radiology services, then this role is for you! RCA Diagnostics (RCA) has been providing Diagnostic Imaging services for over 100 years when our founder, Dr. William McGuffin, established himself as Calgary’s first radiologist. RCA currently owns and operates 15 facilities in Western Canada.
You will have the opportunity to work with Canada’s leading radiologists and to make meaningful contributions to someone’s life every day. Your personal and professional growth is vital to the success of our team and we’re committed to supporting you in these objectives. The successful candidate will deliver quality service in a fast-paced and high-energy environment.
- Commitment to outstanding patient care which includes family and caregivers
- Obtains patient history, educates patients on exam procedures and answers questions
- Performs high quality ultrasound examinations in a professional, timely and safe manner
- Uses good judgement when assessing cases to determine normal and abnormal findings
- Ongoing knowledge of the day-to-day organization of the clinic
- Assesses current and future workloads
- Ensures equipment start up, performance checks and troubleshooting is completed
- Ensures annual quality assurance is performed, if required
- Contributes as a team player and maintains a positive work environment
- Performs other non-technical duties
- Complies with all RCA policies and procedures
- Graduate of Diagnostic Sonography from an accredited ultrasound program recognized by Sonography Canada is required
- Active member of:
oAmerican Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS)
oSonography Canada (formally CSDMS and CARDUP) with active credentials
While all applications are appreciated, only candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted