Work Hours/Week: 37.5
Work Environment: Branch
Employment Type: Contract
Pay Type: Salary + Commission
% Travel Required: 0
People Manager: No
Job Posting End Date: 06/30/2013
With C$178 billion in assets under administration, RBC Dominion Securities is the Canadian leader in wealth management for affluent and high net worth investors, on both a discretionary and non-discretionary basis. While investment management is the core offering, our 1,500 investment advisors and portfolio managers also provide a full scope of wealth management advice and solutions, such as insurance, retirement, estate and tax planning and charitable giving to help our clients preserve, grow and transfer their wealth to succeeding generations.
The RBC Dominion Securities Branch in Oakville, ON is looking for an experienced Business Development Associate to work with a highly successful wealth management team that is expanding. The primary function of the Business Development/Marketing Associate is to grow the assets of the advisory business by securing new client relationships and continually building a pipeline of prospective clients. Strong communication and interpersonal skills are a necessity. Compensation will be a combination of salary plus commission with unlimited potential.
This is a 6-month contract, with potential for an extension/permanent opportunity for the right candidate.
· Business development: Networking, face to face introductions, email campaigns & follow ups
· Client Communications: 1 day per week allotted to client communications (i.e. online newsletter, email bulletins, direct mail campaign and phone conversations with existing or prospective clients).
· Research: Ability to target specific demographics with a nuanced approach; using social media and internet as main resource
· Relationship Building: Gather, collect and analyze information about target market and create synergistic relationships with Business Associations and professionals in the industry
· Client Service: Interact with clients on service requests, ensure a high client satisfaction, engage with clients and correspond in time of events/seminars
· Event Management: Assist with the organization of financial literacy events and seminars to varied demographics
· Marketing and Sales Support: Help coordinate marketing efforts with online content marketing and in-person events. Assist sales in managing prospect meetings and correspondence.
Required Business Development Skills/Competencies:
Meet/ exceed quarterly sales objectives and revenue sales requirements.
Develop strategy to build a pipeline of opportunities within Oakville-Halton region
Drive the sales process through to completion (4 stages of sales Cycle)
Complete all weekly pipeline reporting in accordance with RBC Dominion Securities regulations.
Act as the Customer champion to ensure we continue to exceed our commitments to our clients.
Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Finance or Business related field
2-3+ years of experience in a sales-oriented position, with inside/outside sales
Comfortable liaising with high-net-worth/affluent investors and business professionals
Positive outgoing attitude a must, adept at working in a client service focused company
Ability to learn use and industry terms and jargon, able to articulate investment opportunities in easy to digest terms
Superb verbal and written communication skills
Well organized and detail-oriented, excellent telephone manner
Desire to work within a small, entrepreneurial team
An appetite for thinking creatively, seeking constant improvement, and voicing one's opinion
To be considered for this role, please apply online by submitting your resume to requisition#36367 by following the link below: