1. Overall responsibility for implementation of MRP/ERP system in manufacturing plant.
2. Role will evolve to include integration of all aspects of finance, supply, logistics, IT, Human Resources and legal activities.
3. Continuous improvement of above functions throughout the business.
4. Pro actively participate in all major decisions affecting the business.
5. Seek to ensure visibility and control for the benefit of senior management.
6. Review the existing Department and shape it into a world class financial department.
7. Introduce appropriate policies and procedures
As a member of the Rayne team, you'll have the power to take full control of your own odyssey to achieve your life long career goals and to make a real difference. You will be empowered to feel like you are running your own small business with the development, support and resources of a growing and evolving company. This Role will be responsible for Continuous Improvement within the organization.
The Continuous Improvement Office will work amongst all Departments and will be wholly responsible for financial control, modeling, strategy and inventory amongst a growing team once the system is implemented. On point accounting to assure development/ expansion of future proforma and budget management is mission critical.
The ideal candidate has worked as a controller and has 4-7+ years experience in Finance and Accounting. You must be able to work among a team and amongst organizational seasonal timelines, deadlines and milestones on projects.
The Continuous Improvement Officer will report directly to the CEO, will work closely with other senior managers, bookkeepers, and Traditional banking consultants, amongst others.
- 2 - 7+ years experience as a controller or Finance Controller, Director of Finance, (or like title) in high transactional, fast paced industry
- Proficient in ERP/MRP system implementation - NetSuite an asset
- Hands on accounts payable, accounts receivables, journal entries, reconciliations to complete full cycle accounting activities
- Develop and manage the annual budget process with input from various sources
- Payroll oversight, backup and processing
- Accounting designation (CMA or CGA)
- Strong Proficiency in Canadian GAAP outstanding accounting treatment research skills
- Experience with budgeting, forecasting and analysis experience
- Advanced excel and strong hands on systems experience with other Microsoft and Mac software
- Develop and implement policies, training procedures, systems of internal controls that align with corporate direction
- Financial reporting -- multi-currency, international sales reconciliation and financial modeling Provide financial direction for ERP systems integration
- Cash flow management, forecasting and variance analysis between actual results and proforma
- Provide recommendations for efficiencies
- Assist in the preparation of management updates to the Board of Directors
- Other projects and responsibilities as required
Preferred Qualifications & Responsibilities:
- Strong leadership, communication and relationship skills
- Familiarity with Quality Systems
- Thrive in a fast paced, multi-deadline entrepreneurial environment
- Willingness and availability to work longer hours as required.
- Proven ability to multi-task and adapt to an ever-changing, fast pace, high performance product development environment.
- Recreation product and/or skateboard experience preferable