FOLLOWING SKILLS IS AN ASSET BUT NOT REQUIRED WILL TRAIN EXCELLENT CAREER CHOICE
Digital Color Press & Bindery Operator
Operate inkjet, laser, xerographic or offset duplicating printers. RIP files or review job instructions to prepare jobs for printing. Maintain daily print job production logs and daily delivery manifests. Setup, program and release jobs from print queue. May adjust image position, perforations and folds on paper. Monitor quality of job output for correctness and image quality. Order supplies such as ink, chemical solutions, blankets and rollers, paper, tabs and other items as needed. Maintain inventory levels.
Xerox 700i/700 Digital Color Press
Miscellaneous Bindery and finishing equipment
HP LF Printer
Requires good knowledge of digital print and/or ink jet equipment set up, adjustment, operating procedures, and a corresponding level of skill to set up, operate, and adjust the equipment.
Able to set up, operate, and adjust the equipment, and in addition, diagnose, solve, and correct operating problems affecting the quality and timeliness of the service or product or function. Requires knowledge of color theory and ability to make adjustments and color corrections when operating the equipment to produce the imaging to customer specifications.
Good knowledge of file manipulation and file formats for digital print.
- Familiarity with routine operation procedures of equipment which can be set up and operated following a few step by step instructions and the skill to operate the equipment
- Skill to perform minor clerical tasks incidental to the operation of the equipment Skill to perform routine maintenance such as cleaning and lubricating the equipment
- Ability to identify if improper machine operation and make basic adjustments
- Able to accurately distinguish color variation
- Ability to understand written instructions
- Frequent lifting of 10 lbs or more, bending and turning
- Communication skills both written and verbal
Need to be computer literate
Attention to details
Basic knowledge on Adobe photo suite / corel draw
Xerox / hp large format would be an asset