RAW design is an established architectural and design firm looking for an outstanding individual passionate about the design process and the craft of building. We are looking for an experienced intern architect who believes in the profession and the role of the Architect in the construction process.
Currently our projects range from small urban infill to large multi-storey condominium, institutional and mixed-use developments located across the GTA and Southern Ontario, and span all phases of the development process.
Necessary skills in order to apply for this position are:
- Minimum of 2 to 5 years post-graduate experience
- Capability and interest in the design and construction process
- Self-starter capable of working in small groups or independently in a fast-paced environment
- Able to project manage various stages of a project
- Outstanding graphic design talent for formal presentations and promotional material
- Exceptional physical model making skills in various medias (knowledge of use with a laser cutter an asset)
- 3d modeling/rendering skills with facility in a number of graphic formats
- Working drawing preparation and envelope detailing background, especially with technical knowledge of advanced European energy efficiency building envelope design
- Oral and written knowledge of German an asset
Must have computer skills are:
Sketchup Pro 8
Microsoft Office Suite
Adobe CS5 Suite Inc.
Terms of Employment: Permanent, Full Time, 37.5 hrs/week
Compensation: $65 000 (depending on experience level) + bonuses and benefits package
Anticipated Start Date: As soon as possible
Please forward your C.V., along with references and representative examples of your work, maximum four sheets letter size in PDF format (Do not send interactive application or zipped files). Please indicate “Intern Architect January 2013” in the subject line.
Please apply for this job only in the manner specified. No phone calls, faxes or walk-ins please and no agencies necessary. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.