Closing Date: ongoing positions available
Hours of Work: Variety of hours and shifts available based on project requirements; Mainly evening and weekend work according to our hours of operations.
Rate of Pay: $11.55 per hour, plus 4% Vacation Pay (based on experience/position)
This is opinion research only, no selling is involved. The majority of our projects are to collect information from specific participants from our clients’ programs/services. The positions offered are part-time (sometimes with full-time hours), with flexible shifts. These positions are ideal for persons wishing to work limited hours as well as post-secondary students seeking part-time work to supplement their income and to gain valuable experience in the social sciences field. Due to the nature of our contract-based work, fluctuations in the availability of hours may occur.
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Calling members of the public from our sample and engaging in further conversation in order to administer a survey of questions to gather the information needed to inform our research.
- Completing the targeted number of survey assignment completions required in order to educate and inform the specific research study assigned.
- Maintaining and securing accurate information and working efficiently to gather information according to Malatest project training, established policies, procedures and requirements.
As a social research firm, the types of projects we work on include:
- university and/or college student outcomes surveys (how did respondents education or training prepare them for the future?);
- income assistance and/or job training program evaluations (did the assistance/program help respondent become employed?);
- labour market evaluations (what skills are required for industry?); and/or
- focus group studies (recruiting participants for various topics).
Typing (35+ wpm), computer familiarity and excellent verbal communication skills are essential. CATI or survey experience would be an asset.
We would prefer applicants who are fluent in English and French, or have the ability to speak English fluently along with another language (e.g. Mandarin, Punjabi, Spanish, Arabic, Cantonese, Vietnamese, Tamil, Russian, Farsi, German, Hindi, etc.). While a second language is not required, it is definitely an asset.
Why work with us?
R.A. Malatest & Associates Ltd. is a proactive, dynamic, progressive evaluation and market research organization always adding new capabilities and expertise to our existing competitive advantages.
Our company offers competitive private sector wages, dynamic data collection work opportunities, and research project experiences that contribute to the continuous learning and development of our Surveying staff members (often due to the variety of projects and positions available). R.A. Malatest & Associates Ltd. is a client focused organization that continues to meet and exceed our valued client expectations for the quality and integrity our research survey project completions are known for.
Established in 1985, the Company is a full-service research organization with in-house Computer Assisted Telephone Interview (CATI) systems, Computer Assisted Web Interview (CAWI), focus group facilities, and state-of-the-art data scanning and analysis software. R.A. Malatest & Associates Ltd. has completed hundreds of research and evaluation projects for clients throughout Canada.
R.A. Malatest & Associates Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant from employment because of physical or mental disability, race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation or creed in regard to any position for which the employee or applicant is qualified. We are committed to ensuring employment equity within our workplaces. You are welcome to identify within your application if you belong to one of the four designated equity groups: women, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and/or members of visible minorities.