Quiznos Employee Reviews

Working at Quiznos
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ONJanuary 13, 2016
Making sure that everything was done and in place for the opening of the store to ensure that the customer had their order in a timely manner. Enjoyed the company of fellow coworkers as well as employer. I learned that I can manage alot more than I thought I could in the workplace. The hardest part of the job was not receiving appreciation for the work that I did from one of the employers The most enjoyable part of my day was interacting with the regular customers and meeting new ones and hopefully making their day a bit better.
Pros
regular customers
Cons
not enough hours
Enjoyable job and work experience despite managerial issues.
Waitress (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONNovember 8, 2015
Busy but simple task requirements. Quality over speed and cleanliness and manners forthright. Management always seems confused and often puts consequences of own actions onto employees. Work shifts are very unsettled. A good balance of pace for me that let me breathe easier after the learning curve. Getting everything done in the right order is the hardest part. The customers are generally patient and polite. The food is delicious.
Pros
free fountain drinks and wonderful employee discount
Cons
Management's lack of responsibility
Fun workplace, first real supervisor job
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ONOctober 24, 2015
This job was my first job as a supervisor. I heard a Quiznos was coming to our city and I dropped my resume off in a box outside. I was told by management that there were close to 500 applicants they pulled out 100 resumes and hired 20. I was the only one who was hired on the spot. I did all jobs there from opening to closing duties to help keep things running smooth while there were line ups outside the door with the new store opening loved the people I worked with we shared a lot of good laughs and memories while we worked. The hardest part of my job was we didn't forecast enough prep in the morning to get the afternoon shift through one day. I had a situation where I came in for an afternoon shift and they were snot busy due to a holiday and didn't prep anything in the morning hours before opening plus we were understaffed with only 2 employees including myself for the night. We had a lineup outside the door at all times, no meat or veggies cut I had to literally make every single sandwich from scratch by cutting the veggie to slicing the meat while the customers watched and were so patient and friendly with that matter. I was written an apology letter from management about that night as they watched the feed on the cameras and saw how busy we were and knew I mentioned it may be best to prep for the holiday with the Wheels right by there at the time we always had customers coming in from the states. That was the hardest point of the job was dealing with slack of others and doing their job on top of my own. I learned how to deal with customers and do cash duties to training  more... other employees. The job kept me busy so it was enjoyable.  less
Pros
Good discount
My Very First Job.
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONOctober 15, 2015
My friend recommended me to work with him in Quiznos, he introduced me to the owner who was a very nice person and i enjoyed talking with him. I worked in Quiznos for over a year and gained lots of experience. I learned how to work as a team, made customers fell welcomed in Quiznos, as well as improved my timing on getting food ready, keeping the resturant clean at all times and restocking supplies.
Pros
Free Lunch
My first job in canada. I really enjoyed it.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Thompson, MBOctober 9, 2015
Since it was my first job i had some difficulties in understand people's ascents but i learned after while. In this subway we were only two people there and she was the owner's daughter. I enjoyed working there.
Pros
I made a very nice friend.
Cons
closes late
postive work place
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  delta bcJuly 26, 2015
i learn so many thing over here, my co-worker are very nice and helpful we work as a strong team . we always create a positive atmosphere. i start my work as a store opener and i run store several hour myself until the manager not come in. morning regular customer love to come for breakfast and they happy with me by treating them as friendly and create a sub as they want . i learn customer service improve my skill day by day .my boss is very nice and gentle . the hardest part of the job is lunch rush, and take care of coustmer and service right ,hot sub on time so they enjoy there lunch between lunch hours. and we work very hardly as team and lunch rush is a hardest part and the most enjoyable part of my job.
Pros
free lunch
productive
sandwich maker/ cashier (Former Employee) –  torontoJune 23, 2015
friendly environments in all work places, good hours(@quiznos) and good pay. good managers,good relationship with managers. Nice work area, clean and environment friendly.
Pros
free lunch @subway, quiznos
Cons
not enough hours
productive and fun
cashier/sandwich artist (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ONMay 19, 2015
Quiz nos is a fun loving place to work at it was actually my first part time job i learned how to serve my customers with care and to serve them with fresh food. One thing I learned from Quiznos was no matter how the customer is always treat you're guest with extra care and with good attitude.
Pros
free food
Cons
Moping
Great team of productive people working together
Manager/Area Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NBApril 15, 2015
Started as Store manager, learned a lot about buisness. Created a great team with members with me over 5 years. Supervised the management of 3 stores before the franchaise owner closed.
Pros
Great working atmosphere
Cons
no job security, closed all units
great workplace that leaded to amazing advancement
customer service (Former Employee) –  clairmont, albertaApril 15, 2015
great girls to work with, very fast paced environment, managers were amazing, basic sub place with prep work, dishes etc. early morning were hard at first but grew to love them.
fun to work
Shift captain (Former Employee) –  ottawa canadaApril 7, 2015
was good experience learn lots of stuff from there was fun to be around pay was good . jobs was flexible made lots of friends had good customer service experience
Pros
free food
Cons
no cons
Quiznos
Sandwich Artist (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMarch 30, 2015
I love my job. Quiznos is a place where I can work and have fun. It helps you improve on skills where you wouldn't normally be working on in an every day life. Such as; making sandwiches by yourself in a busy hour. You need to learn how to be quick and get the job well done. My co-workers are very friendly, very easy to approach. Quiznos is a fast food where you can always get your food with a smile. The hardest part of the job can be that you are closing the store by yourself and it can be difficult at times but that's when you start to improve on your ability to work under pressure.
Pros
50% off on subs
Fun workplace
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ONMarch 19, 2015
Made sandwiches for customer and clean designated area as well did cashier. Worked solely and there were no hardest part of the job. The most enjoyable part of working at this place was stocking up beverages and food supplies to behead and well prepared.
Pros
close by my house
Cons
short hours
productive fun work place with great staff and managment
Babysitting, Fereshta Azami (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 29, 2015
Quizno's was a very happy jolly place to work at, i was there for almost 4 years, i worked with loving staff and great management. A day at work would be the usually cooking cleaning and helping the customers to the best of my ability, a lot was learned from working there, I gained experience in customer service, handling money whether it was through a debit/credit machine or cash. I enjoyed working at Quizno's very much but I am looking for a change.
Pros
free lunches, flexible hours.
Cons
pay was never on time, long hours with no overtime pay, appliances in store were old and broken
co workers
Quiznos (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKJanuary 4, 2015
you can the enjoy the work over their.just do the great customer service. just the make sandwiches, and rap the sandwiches. make the soups . and also do the cashier . you can do the lot of workers over their . people are enjoy over there . you can do the clean the table . close the store .
Fun place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Regina, SKDecember 8, 2014
A typical work day was buzy with customers .Team work with employees , And management was very helpful with work related and personal needs ,
Pros
good team
Cons
no days off
Positive environment with upbeat co-workers
Sub Artist (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ONNovember 3, 2014
Quiznos is a great place to work, but the only issue is that I am not getting enough hours to compensate for expenses I have to pay for.
Pros
free drinks
Cons
unreliable hours
Great staff and friendly environment
Food Specialist (Former Employee) –  calgary albertaOctober 6, 2014
Everyone was great who i worked with:) loved the people loved the management. Over all a great starter job
Great upbeat work environment.
CASHIER/SANDWICH ARTIST (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ONSeptember 3, 2014
A days work involves prepping food for the day, greeting and serving customers, cleaning and stocking shelves and displays. There is always something to do! My co-workers were friendly and fun to work with and the owner was fair and understanding. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with food and putting together delicious food for others to enjoy.
Pros
50% off lunches during work hours.
Cons
times when the store is not so busy.
Sandwich Artist
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  St. AlbertMarch 12, 2014
I learned the till in record timing.
I liked the people that worked in my environment.
I like how we got free food.
Pros
free subs