Quiznos Employee Reviews in Canada

It was fun to make frozen yogurt
Sales Representative/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ONJune 2, 2016
It was fun to work during summer of 2013. It was nice and beautiful days working at weekends. Co-workers were very friendly and welcoming at work.
Productive, upbeat workplace.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BCMay 31, 2016
Typical day at work kept me on my toes, not a moment went by that I wasn't doing something. Management was very upbeat and encouraging. Centrally located, so travelling to work was not a hassle.
Easy job, good staff
Staff (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKMay 20, 2016
Loved working for my original manager, but left after change in ownership. Good work environment, job is easy to do and the customers are often very friendly.
A good work place
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONMay 3, 2016
A typical day at work was me coming in cleaning the place, cutting veggie and making subs/handling customers with a smile on my face.
Pros
Half price food
Cons
bad management
productive
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONApril 12, 2016
It was an interesting work experience in Quiznos Sub. I learnt many useful things like customer service, team work and many more.
Pros
bonus
Cons
I work independently with very little or no interference from corporation.
Owner/Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Thomas, ONMarch 25, 2016
A typical work day starts at 8am and ends at 9pm 61/2 days a week.
I do all prep for the day before restaurant opens. All administrative work is completed before opening including taking deposit to bank. Complete focus on customers by all my employees once store is open. Take care of all business needs in down time throughout the day including ordering scheduling and any other business related needs

The biggest thing I have learned is to manage time well and efficiently.

I had zero percent turnover in last 4 years. Recently due to my employee all going away to school that has changed to 50% turnover. My co workers or employees are outstanding due to proper training and a clear vision of what I expect of them.I work beside them and take an interest in there lives.

Hardest part of job is the 80 hour weeks

Most enjoyable part of the job knowing that we have served our customers in a efficient manor with great food , friendly service and in a inviting and clean restaurant.
Pros
Make all day to day decisions
Cons
80 hour work week
Not a fun place to work if you don't enjoy working alone
Cashier, preparation, customer service (Former Employee) –  Richmond, CAMarch 14, 2016
What makes this a nice place is the customer service from management and the family-like co-workers, what is hard is working alone most of the time especially during lunch rushes. Good place to start out though, all you need is enthusiasm and a good memory, they'll teach you the rest.
(note: not all establishments are the same)
productive and good work experince
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, mississaugaMarch 2, 2016
1. productive place
2. good work experience
3. work as a part time worker
4. i have learned how to work in a team and improve my working skills.
5. my co-workers and manager were very good and supportive too.
Quizno's Subs
Quizno's Subs (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBFebruary 27, 2016
 Restocked supplies
 Washed dishes
 Maintained cleanliness in the workplace by cleaning tables, floor, windows, and washrooms.
productive workplace
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BCFebruary 26, 2016
It is an amazing job, I really like working there but I need a job a little closer to my home. There are wonderful customers which come to Quiznos, and it is always busy, so it keeps me entertained. My co-workers are very nice too.
Productive workplace, but sloppy workers.
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BCFebruary 3, 2016
My typical day at work would include, set up and take down of all the products, and being the best possible worker to the company. What I learned was that to be the best worker you can be you have to have the best people around you, which wasn't the case. Co-workers were extremely sloppy and did not want to do their jobs which at the end of the day, i had to do. Hardest part of the job was, dealing with the manager, he cut me on my cheques and threatened to fire me when i asked for MY money. Best part about this job was being able to get the skills I need for other difficult jobs, like this one.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
not enough hours
productive fun atmosphere
Food Counter Attendant (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ONJanuary 27, 2016
helped co-workers with sub recipe builds. friendly, hardworking and dependable. helped customers with food choices and pricing.
Pros
half price lunches
Cons
high pricing
Not the worst; not the best
Downtown, Nanaimo Supervisor (Former Employee) –  111 Terminal, Nanaimo, BC, CanadaJanuary 18, 2016
I worked at Quiznos for almost 4 years before it closed down. I didn't mind the day to day of it but the pay is low. I started at minimum wage and ended at $11 an hour. The franchise sucks. They have a good product but they make it really hard for the owners to make any money and they're quickly shutting down all across Canada. The owner was great though.
Pros
50% off for me and my family
Cons
low pay
Working at Quiznos
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ONJanuary 13, 2016
Making sure that everything was done and in place for the opening of the store to ensure that the customer had their order in a timely manner. Enjoyed the company of fellow coworkers as well as employer. I learned that I can manage alot more than I thought I could in the workplace. The hardest part of the job was not receiving appreciation for the work that I did from one of the employers The most enjoyable part of my day was interacting with the regular customers and meeting new ones and hopefully making their day a bit better.
Pros
regular customers
Cons
not enough hours
amazing workplace
Sandwich Artist/Cashier (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONDecember 10, 2015
I absolutely loved working for quiznos as my first full time employment every one was very helpful and tough me a lot about being in the food industry, it was very fast but everyone was understanding if you had to go slowly to understand fully what you were to be doing. I was very impressed with how the entire staff was almost like a little family of its own I would go back to quiznos in a heart beat!
Hard
Service Crew (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, ABDecember 4, 2015
Quiznos is my very first job when I came here in Canada. it is hard for me to memorize the sandwiches because it my first time.
Productive & fun.
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABDecember 3, 2015
I like this fast paced job. I even enjoy working with the customers. Its easy work as well. I enjoy my team members as well we get the job done together.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
low pay
fun, lousy workplace
Sandwich Artist/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONNovember 30, 2015
- customer service, cash, cleaning, closing, time management.
- cash, food preparation, customer service
- poor management
- kind, fun coworkers
Pros
1 free meal and unlimited drinks
Cons
Poor management, lousy sanitation, inadequate training
Enjoyable job and work experience despite managerial issues.
Waitress (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONNovember 8, 2015
Busy but simple task requirements. Quality over speed and cleanliness and manners forthright. Management always seems confused and often puts consequences of own actions onto employees. Work shifts are very unsettled. A good balance of pace for me that let me breathe easier after the learning curve. Getting everything done in the right order is the hardest part. The customers are generally patient and polite. The food is delicious.
Pros
free fountain drinks and wonderful employee discount
Cons
Management's lack of responsibility
Productive and fun place to work.
Food Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, ABNovember 5, 2015
Working here at Quiznos is so easy and I learned lots on how to operate business. Manager and owner of this company are very supportive and kind. The most enjoyable part of this job was working on a busy day.