Quiznos Employee Reviews in Canada

feeling so good to work with such a nice people and a great customes.
FOOD SERVICE SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BCAugust 24, 2016
love to work at Quiznos- Sub just leave the job because me and my husband just moved from Vancouver to Abbotsford. otherwise it was so good to work at Quiznos.
Pros
free lunches, dinner parties
Cons
not really
best food service
Crew member (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BCAugust 23, 2016
muti tasks
customer service
communication skills
well managed store
friendly and hard working
Prep work and meeting the manager's expectations is the hardest part
Most enjoyable part is that it is quite outbound
Pros
free lunch
Cons
tiring and stressful
Very good team work atmosphere
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Cranbrook, BCAugust 19, 2016
Schedule is vary so sometimes schedule to work on weakend. Very well managed business, Learn lotss of to give importance on every singal customer orderr and best customer service.Very friendly.
Pros
Free Lunch
Great learning experience
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONAugust 14, 2016
typical day at work included unloaded shipments of food making sandwiches running the cash registerand cleaning up at the end of the day one of the hardest parts of the job at first was customer service but i quickly learned how to properly deal with all the issues
Pros
free lunch
Easy place to work
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Lower Sackville, NSAugust 12, 2016
Easy going work enviroment with good co-workers. It was normally pretty quiet place to work but there was alway something to be done. The management was really laid back.
Pros
Free subs
Best first job
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Penticton, BCAugust 8, 2016
Fun and enjoyable
Learned alot being my first job
Management was amazing, best boss ever
Coworkers made for a fun work environment
Balance between work and school
Was all-around a good job
Friendly, laid-back atmosphere with outstanding management and extremely flexible schedules!
fast food worker (Current Employee) –  Whitecourt, ABJuly 22, 2016
A typical day working at Quiznos consists of a lot of cleaning responsibilities, including wiping tables, chairs, windows & all food preparation surfaces, sweeping & moping, as well as making lots of sandwiches simultaneously. Working at Quiznos you will learn valuable food safety methods and preparation techniques, as well as training for meat and veggie slicers, but business aside, I learned something much more valuable that most employers lack.

I cannot mention my bosses name, but she is literally the best employer I have ever had, and probably ever will. From her I learned that you can be friendly, authoritative, polite, responsible, hard working, & easy-going all at the same without ever having to raise your voice or losing your patience, even when I may have deserved it the most. Working at Quiznos, I learned the RIGHT way to run a business is by being calm, assertive, energetic, and most importantly, being positive.
Pros
Free lunch, exceptional management
Cons
long hours, busy lunch-rush
Good learning experience.
Employee (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ONJuly 17, 2016
Due to my being underpaid and lied to by my employer I've left the company with a damaged idea of management however, the independently owned stores for which I worked have both gone bankrupt and the former owner has left and cannot be contacted.
Pros
Good discounts. No experience required. Great employees.
Cons
Long hours. Closing alone by a busy bar, felt unsafe leaving. Hectic location and shifts alone.
Fun workplace to enjoy serve customers
Cashier and Sandwich maker (Former Employee) –  North Vancouver CanadaJuly 6, 2016
Learning how to make a good sandwich and enjoy the teamwork. The hardest part is when the customers line-up, and you are work by yourself. You need to organized everything and done everything quick and maintain the good quality. The most enjoyable part of the job is you can enjoy serve customers. When you remember what the y like, what they dislike, they are very happy.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
N/A
Very interesting job
Food Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 1, 2016
working in quiznos is very interesting. you will learn lots of thing specially handling and giving customer service..

dealing with different person with different attitude was really challenging, you will develop self esteem, confidence and patient toward customers, co-workers as well.
It was fun to make frozen yogurt
Sales Representative/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ONJune 2, 2016
It was fun to work during summer of 2013. It was nice and beautiful days working at weekends. Co-workers were very friendly and welcoming at work.
Productive, upbeat workplace.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BCMay 31, 2016
Typical day at work kept me on my toes, not a moment went by that I wasn't doing something. Management was very upbeat and encouraging. Centrally located, so travelling to work was not a hassle.
Easy job, good staff
Staff (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKMay 20, 2016
Loved working for my original manager, but left after change in ownership. Good work environment, job is easy to do and the customers are often very friendly.
A good work place
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONMay 3, 2016
A typical day at work was me coming in cleaning the place, cutting veggie and making subs/handling customers with a smile on my face.
Pros
Half price food
Cons
bad management
productive
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONApril 12, 2016
It was an interesting work experience in Quiznos Sub. I learnt many useful things like customer service, team work and many more.
Pros
bonus
Cons
I work independently with very little or no interference from corporation.
Owner/Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Thomas, ONMarch 25, 2016
A typical work day starts at 8am and ends at 9pm 61/2 days a week.
I do all prep for the day before restaurant opens. All administrative work is completed before opening including taking deposit to bank. Complete focus on customers by all my employees once store is open. Take care of all business needs in down time throughout the day including ordering scheduling and any other business related needs

The biggest thing I have learned is to manage time well and efficiently.

I had zero percent turnover in last 4 years. Recently due to my employee all going away to school that has changed to 50% turnover. My co workers or employees are outstanding due to proper training and a clear vision of what I expect of them.I work beside them and take an interest in there lives.

Hardest part of job is the 80 hour weeks

Most enjoyable part of the job knowing that we have served our customers in a efficient manor with great food , friendly service and in a inviting and clean restaurant.
Pros
Make all day to day decisions
Cons
80 hour work week
Not a fun place to work if you don't enjoy working alone
Cashier, preparation, customer service (Former Employee) –  Richmond, CAMarch 14, 2016
What makes this a nice place is the customer service from management and the family-like co-workers, what is hard is working alone most of the time especially during lunch rushes. Good place to start out though, all you need is enthusiasm and a good memory, they'll teach you the rest.
(note: not all establishments are the same)
productive and good work experince
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, mississaugaMarch 2, 2016
1. productive place
2. good work experience
3. work as a part time worker
4. i have learned how to work in a team and improve my working skills.
5. my co-workers and manager were very good and supportive too.
Quizno's Subs
Quizno's Subs (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBFebruary 27, 2016
 Restocked supplies
 Washed dishes
 Maintained cleanliness in the workplace by cleaning tables, floor, windows, and washrooms.
productive workplace
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BCFebruary 26, 2016
It is an amazing job, I really like working there but I need a job a little closer to my home. There are wonderful customers which come to Quiznos, and it is always busy, so it keeps me entertained. My co-workers are very nice too.

2.9