Quiznos Employee Reviews in Canada

Not a fun place to work if you don't enjoy working alone
Cashier, preparation, customer service (Former Employee) –  Richmond, CAMarch 14, 2016
What makes this a nice place is the customer service from management and the family-like co-workers, what is hard is working alone most of the time especially during lunch rushes. Good place to start out though, all you need is enthusiasm and a good memory, they'll teach you the rest.
(note: not all establishments are the same)
Productive workplace, but sloppy workers.
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BCFebruary 3, 2016
My typical day at work would include, set up and take down of all the products, and being the best possible worker to the company. What I learned was that to be the best worker you can be you have to have the best people around you, which wasn't the case. Co-workers were extremely sloppy and did not want to do their jobs which at the end of the day, i had to do. Hardest part of the job was, dealing with the manager, he cut me on my cheques and threatened to fire me when i asked for MY money. Best part about this job was being able to get the skills I need for other difficult jobs, like this one.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
not enough hours
Working at Quiznos
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ONJanuary 13, 2016
Making sure that everything was done and in place for the opening of the store to ensure that the customer had their order in a timely manner. Enjoyed the company of fellow coworkers as well as employer. I learned that I can manage alot more than I thought I could in the workplace. The hardest part of the job was not receiving appreciation for the work that I did from one of the employers The most enjoyable part of my day was interacting with the regular customers and meeting new ones and hopefully making their day a bit better.
Pros
regular customers
Cons
not enough hours
Not the worst; not the best
Downtown, Nanaimo Supervisor (Former Employee) –  111 Terminal, Nanaimo, BC, CanadaJanuary 18, 2016
I worked at Quiznos for almost 4 years before it closed down. I didn't mind the day to day of it but the pay is low. I started at minimum wage and ended at $11 an hour. The franchise sucks. They have a good product but they make it really hard for the owners to make any money and they're quickly shutting down all across Canada. The owner was great though.
Pros
50% off for me and my family
Cons
low pay
amazing workplace
Sandwich Artist/Cashier (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONDecember 10, 2015
I absolutely loved working for quiznos as my first full time employment every one was very helpful and tough me a lot about being in the food industry, it was very fast but everyone was understanding if you had to go slowly to understand fully what you were to be doing. I was very impressed with how the entire staff was almost like a little family of its own I would go back to quiznos in a heart beat!
Enjoyable job and work experience despite managerial issues.
Waitress (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONNovember 8, 2015
Busy but simple task requirements. Quality over speed and cleanliness and manners forthright. Management always seems confused and often puts consequences of own actions onto employees. Work shifts are very unsettled. A good balance of pace for me that let me breathe easier after the learning curve. Getting everything done in the right order is the hardest part. The customers are generally patient and polite. The food is delicious.
Pros
free fountain drinks and wonderful employee discount
Cons
Management's lack of responsibility
productive workplace
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BCFebruary 26, 2016
It is an amazing job, I really like working there but I need a job a little closer to my home. There are wonderful customers which come to Quiznos, and it is always busy, so it keeps me entertained. My co-workers are very nice too.
productive and good work experince
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, mississaugaMarch 2, 2016
1. productive place
2. good work experience
3. work as a part time worker
4. i have learned how to work in a team and improve my working skills.
5. my co-workers and manager were very good and supportive too.
My Very First Job.
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONOctober 15, 2015
My friend recommended me to work with him in Quiznos, he introduced me to the owner who was a very nice person and i enjoyed talking with him. I worked in Quiznos for over a year and gained lots of experience. I learned how to work as a team, made customers fell welcomed in Quiznos, as well as improved my timing on getting food ready, keeping the resturant clean at all times and restocking supplies.
Pros
Free Lunch
I work independently with very little or no interference from corporation.
Owner/Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Thomas, ONMarch 25, 2016
A typical work day starts at 8am and ends at 9pm 61/2 days a week.
I do all prep for the day before restaurant opens. All administrative work is completed before opening including taking deposit to bank. Complete focus on customers by all my employees once store is open. Take care of all business needs in down time throughout the day including ordering scheduling and any other business related needs

The biggest thing I have learned is to manage time well and efficiently.

I had zero percent turnover in last 4 years. Recently due to my employee all going away to school that has changed to 50% turnover. My co workers or employees are outstanding due to proper training and a clear vision of what I expect of them.I work beside them and take an interest in there lives.

Hardest part of job is the 80 hour weeks

Most enjoyable part of the job knowing that we have served our customers in a efficient manor with great food , friendly service and in a inviting and clean restaurant.
Pros
Make all day to day decisions
Cons
80 hour work week
A good work place
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONMay 3, 2016
A typical day at work was me coming in cleaning the place, cutting veggie and making subs/handling customers with a smile on my face.
Pros
Half price food
Cons
bad management
productive fun atmosphere
Food Counter Attendant (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ONJanuary 27, 2016
helped co-workers with sub recipe builds. friendly, hardworking and dependable. helped customers with food choices and pricing.
Pros
half price lunches
Cons
high pricing
fun, lousy workplace
Sandwich Artist/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONNovember 30, 2015
- customer service, cash, cleaning, closing, time management.
- cash, food preparation, customer service
- poor management
- kind, fun coworkers
Pros
1 free meal and unlimited drinks
Cons
Poor management, lousy sanitation, inadequate training
Productive and fast-paced
Multiple Position (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBSeptember 14, 2015
A typical day in work is washing the dishes, working the cash register, preparing subs, and cleaning tables. I learned how to communicate with various types of people and got comfortable with it, make subs, and use the cash register. The hardest part of the job is during rush hour where everyone is busy. The most enjoyable part is learning, earning experience, and getting discounts.
I was productive mosly with team-work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABAugust 31, 2015
I had a great relationship with My Boss, Manager, my coworkers, and with customers. I had the hardest time at work when a drunk lady came after she bought the sandwish she went to her car then returned said she forgot her moneyon the table, then we said," You did not." she was so mad on us finally she found in her purse, and the enjoyable part was some of our customers were telling that we are so friendly, have a great service, and gave the good tip$.
Pros
free lunch
productive
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONApril 12, 2016
It was an interesting work experience in Quiznos Sub. I learnt many useful things like customer service, team work and many more.
Pros
bonus
Great People. Lots of layoffs
worker (Current Employee) –  OntarioNovember 3, 2015
Great people and food but a brand with an uphill battle. Doesn't hold enough cost comparison to remain viable in Canada. At least for the short term. They do have the right people in place to turn the brand around but will take time and a new identity.
Productive and fun place to work.
Food Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, ABNovember 5, 2015
Working here at Quiznos is so easy and I learned lots on how to operate business. Manager and owner of this company are very supportive and kind. The most enjoyable part of this job was working on a busy day.
Quizno's Subs
Quizno's Subs (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBFebruary 27, 2016
 Restocked supplies
 Washed dishes
 Maintained cleanliness in the workplace by cleaning tables, floor, windows, and washrooms.
My first job in canada. I really enjoyed it.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Thompson, MBOctober 9, 2015
Since it was my first job i had some difficulties in understand people's ascents but i learned after while. In this subway we were only two people there and she was the owner's daughter. I enjoyed working there.
Pros
I made a very nice friend.
Cons
closes late