Quiznos Employee Reviews

its a fun place to work
Sales Assistance (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 15, 2016
quiznos is one of the best thing that has ever happened to me . its a safe environment to work , and with quiznos you grow you will start working in groups and before you know it you are on your own. the fun part of the job is you get to meet a lot different people interact with them , of course every job has there good parts and bad parts but so far have not seen any at quiznos. at quiznos they treat you like family we all work together effectively and efficiently. since I started working at quiznos my communication skills have improved a lot.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
when its slow
Good learning experience.
Employee (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ONJuly 17, 2016
Due to my being underpaid and lied to by my employer I've left the company with a damaged idea of management however, the independently owned stores for which I worked have both gone bankrupt and the former owner has left and cannot be contacted.
Pros
Good discounts. No experience required. Great employees.
Cons
Long hours. Closing alone by a busy bar, felt unsafe leaving. Hectic location and shifts alone.
Fun workplace to enjoy serve customers
Cashier and Sandwich maker (Former Employee) –  North Vancouver CanadaJuly 6, 2016
Learning how to make a good sandwich and enjoy the teamwork. The hardest part is when the customers line-up, and you are work by yourself. You need to organized everything and done everything quick and maintain the good quality. The most enjoyable part of the job is you can enjoy serve customers. When you remember what the y like, what they dislike, they are very happy.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
N/A
Great learning experience
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONAugust 14, 2016
typical day at work included unloaded shipments of food making sandwiches running the cash registerand cleaning up at the end of the day one of the hardest parts of the job at first was customer service but i quickly learned how to properly deal with all the issues
Pros
free lunch
Very interesting job
Food Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 1, 2016
working in quiznos is very interesting. you will learn lots of thing specially handling and giving customer service..

dealing with different person with different attitude was really challenging, you will develop self esteem, confidence and patient toward customers, co-workers as well.
feeling so good to work with such a nice people and a great customes.
FOOD SERVICE SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BCAugust 24, 2016
love to work at Quiznos- Sub just leave the job because me and my husband just moved from Vancouver to Abbotsford. otherwise it was so good to work at Quiznos.
Pros
free lunches, dinner parties
Cons
not really
best food service
Crew member (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BCAugust 23, 2016
muti tasks
customer service
communication skills
well managed store
friendly and hard working
Prep work and meeting the manager's expectations is the hardest part
Most enjoyable part is that it is quite outbound
Pros
free lunch
Cons
tiring and stressful
Fun, enjoyable workplace!
Sandwich Artist/Cashier (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONAugust 22, 2016
Working at Quiznos was a very positive and enjoyable experience. staff and management were very friendly, supportive and caring, flexible hours and very team oriented.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Not a lot of business
Very good team work atmosphere
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Cranbrook, BCAugust 19, 2016
Schedule is vary so sometimes schedule to work on weakend. Very well managed business, Learn lotss of to give importance on every singal customer orderr and best customer service.Very friendly.
Pros
Free Lunch
Not a fun place to work if you don't enjoy working alone
Cashier, preparation, customer service (Former Employee) –  Richmond, CAMarch 14, 2016
What makes this a nice place is the customer service from management and the family-like co-workers, what is hard is working alone most of the time especially during lunch rushes. Good place to start out though, all you need is enthusiasm and a good memory, they'll teach you the rest.
(note: not all establishments are the same)
Best first job
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Penticton, BCAugust 8, 2016
Fun and enjoyable
Learned alot being my first job
Management was amazing, best boss ever
Coworkers made for a fun work environment
Balance between work and school
Was all-around a good job
Easy place to work
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Lower Sackville, NSAugust 12, 2016
Easy going work enviroment with good co-workers. It was normally pretty quiet place to work but there was alway something to be done. The management was really laid back.
Pros
Free subs
Friendly, laid-back atmosphere with outstanding management and extremely flexible schedules!
fast food worker (Current Employee) –  Whitecourt, ABJuly 22, 2016
A typical day working at Quiznos consists of a lot of cleaning responsibilities, including wiping tables, chairs, windows & all food preparation surfaces, sweeping & moping, as well as making lots of sandwiches simultaneously. Working at Quiznos you will learn valuable food safety methods and preparation techniques, as well as training for meat and veggie slicers, but business aside, I learned something much more valuable that most employers lack.

I cannot mention my bosses name, but she is literally the best employer I have ever had, and probably ever will. From her I learned that you can be friendly, authoritative, polite, responsible, hard working, & easy-going all at the same without ever having to raise your voice or losing your patience, even when I may have deserved it the most. Working at Quiznos, I learned the RIGHT way to run a business is by being calm, assertive, energetic, and most importantly, being positive.
Pros
Free lunch, exceptional management
Cons
long hours, busy lunch-rush
Productive workplace, but sloppy workers.
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BCFebruary 3, 2016
My typical day at work would include, set up and take down of all the products, and being the best possible worker to the company. What I learned was that to be the best worker you can be you have to have the best people around you, which wasn't the case. Co-workers were extremely sloppy and did not want to do their jobs which at the end of the day, i had to do. Hardest part of the job was, dealing with the manager, he cut me on my cheques and threatened to fire me when i asked for MY money. Best part about this job was being able to get the skills I need for other difficult jobs, like this one.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
not enough hours
Productive, upbeat workplace.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BCMay 31, 2016
Typical day at work kept me on my toes, not a moment went by that I wasn't doing something. Management was very upbeat and encouraging. Centrally located, so travelling to work was not a hassle.
Working at Quiznos
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ONJanuary 13, 2016
Making sure that everything was done and in place for the opening of the store to ensure that the customer had their order in a timely manner. Enjoyed the company of fellow coworkers as well as employer. I learned that I can manage alot more than I thought I could in the workplace. The hardest part of the job was not receiving appreciation for the work that I did from one of the employers The most enjoyable part of my day was interacting with the regular customers and meeting new ones and hopefully making their day a bit better.
Pros
regular customers
Cons
not enough hours
Not the worst; not the best
Downtown, Nanaimo Supervisor (Former Employee) –  111 Terminal, Nanaimo, BC, CanadaJanuary 18, 2016
I worked at Quiznos for almost 4 years before it closed down. I didn't mind the day to day of it but the pay is low. I started at minimum wage and ended at $11 an hour. The franchise sucks. They have a good product but they make it really hard for the owners to make any money and they're quickly shutting down all across Canada. The owner was great though.
Pros
50% off for me and my family
Cons
low pay
It was fun to make frozen yogurt
Sales Representative/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ONJune 2, 2016
It was fun to work during summer of 2013. It was nice and beautiful days working at weekends. Co-workers were very friendly and welcoming at work.
A good work place
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONMay 3, 2016
A typical day at work was me coming in cleaning the place, cutting veggie and making subs/handling customers with a smile on my face.
Pros
Half price food
Cons
bad management
Easy job, good staff
Staff (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKMay 20, 2016
Loved working for my original manager, but left after change in ownership. Good work environment, job is easy to do and the customers are often very friendly.

2.9