Quiznos Employee Reviews

Friendly, laid-back atmosphere with outstanding management and extremely flexible schedules!
fast food worker (Current Employee) –  Whitecourt, AB22 July 2016
A typical day working at Quiznos consists of a lot of cleaning responsibilities, including wiping tables, chairs, windows & all food preparation surfaces, sweeping & moping, as well as making lots of sandwiches simultaneously. Working at Quiznos you will learn valuable food safety methods and preparation techniques, as well as training for meat and veggie slicers, but business aside, I learned something much more valuable that most employers lack.

I cannot mention my bosses name, but she is literally the best employer I have ever had, and probably ever will. From her I learned that you can be friendly, authoritative, polite, responsible, hard working, & easy-going all at the same without ever having to raise your voice or losing your patience, even when I may have deserved it the most. Working at Quiznos, I learned the RIGHT way to run a business is by being calm, assertive, energetic, and most importantly, being positive.
Pros
Free lunch, exceptional management
Cons
long hours, busy lunch-rush
Good learning experience.
Employee (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON17 July 2016
Due to my being underpaid and lied to by my employer I've left the company with a damaged idea of management however, the independently owned stores for which I worked have both gone bankrupt and the former owner has left and cannot be contacted.
Pros
Good discounts. No experience required. Great employees.
Cons
Long hours. Closing alone by a busy bar, felt unsafe leaving. Hectic location and shifts alone.
its a fun place to work
Sales Assistance (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 September 2016
quiznos is one of the best thing that has ever happened to me . its a safe environment to work , and with quiznos you grow you will start working in groups and before you know it you are on your own. the fun part of the job is you get to meet a lot different people interact with them , of course every job has there good parts and bad parts but so far have not seen any at quiznos. at quiznos they treat you like family we all work together effectively and efficiently. since I started working at quiznos my communication skills have improved a lot.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
when its slow
Very clean and friendly workplace.
Store Front (Former Employee) –  Stratford, ON5 October 2016
My time at Quiznos was difficult do to the lack of respect and understanding I was given by the manager. The people I had worked with are very friendly and helpful. They were very helpful from day one and made work fun on my days there with them. I learned a lot and gained a lot experience on working the till\cash and working in the food industry.
Pros
Free drinks
Fun, enjoyable workplace!
Sandwich Artist/Cashier (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON22 August 2016
Working at Quiznos was a very positive and enjoyable experience. staff and management were very friendly, supportive and caring, flexible hours and very team oriented.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Not a lot of business
Best first job
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Penticton, BC8 August 2016
Fun and enjoyable
Learned alot being my first job
Management was amazing, best boss ever
Coworkers made for a fun work environment
Balance between work and school
Was all-around a good job
Easy place to work
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Lower Sackville, NS12 August 2016
Easy going work enviroment with good co-workers. It was normally pretty quiet place to work but there was alway something to be done. The management was really laid back.
Pros
Free subs
feeling so good to work with such a nice people and a great customes.
FOOD SERVICE SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC24 August 2016
love to work at Quiznos- Sub just leave the job because me and my husband just moved from Vancouver to Abbotsford. otherwise it was so good to work at Quiznos.
Pros
free lunches, dinner parties
Cons
not really
Fun workplace to enjoy serve customers
Cashier and Sandwich maker (Former Employee) –  North Vancouver Canada6 July 2016
Learning how to make a good sandwich and enjoy the teamwork. The hardest part is when the customers line-up, and you are work by yourself. You need to organized everything and done everything quick and maintain the good quality. The most enjoyable part of the job is you can enjoy serve customers. When you remember what the y like, what they dislike, they are very happy.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
N/A
was an enjoyable place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Kanata, ON19 September 2016
Fast paced business enjoyed the fast pace never had idle time always was able to keep busy since staff was at minimum. unfortunately no profit for owner so he had to close down.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
headquarters does not help keep the business operating
Fun workplace
Assistant Manager (Full Time) (Former Employee) –  Canada4 November 2016
Enjoyed working in fast pace enviroment.but was Little stressful as the owner was not supportive. So alone has to manage store for smooth operations and taking care of staff and inventory .
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Stressful
Great learning experience
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON14 August 2016
typical day at work included unloaded shipments of food making sandwiches running the cash registerand cleaning up at the end of the day one of the hardest parts of the job at first was customer service but i quickly learned how to properly deal with all the issues
Pros
free lunch
Friendly yet professional atmosphere, where you can easily be challenged
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, Ontario29 September 2014
Normally, when opening or closing the store, there is quite a bit of prep work and cleaning to do. You must be able to multi-task and serve the customers in a timely manner. You quickly learn that the customer is always right, and you must do whatever you can to satisfy them. The best part of the job is that there were so many tasks to accomplish that you're always busy and the time flies. The most challenging aspect of this job, was the long hours.. sometimes you must stay late after close to finish all the prep and cleaning even though you came early to open. This requires a lot of organization and patience. The co-workers and management were all friendly and easy to work with.
Pros
Free meals, Regular customers, Simple recipes
Cons
limited opportunity for growth, no salary
best food service
Crew member (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BC23 August 2016
muti tasks
customer service
communication skills
well managed store
friendly and hard working
Prep work and meeting the manager's expectations is the hardest part
Most enjoyable part is that it is quite outbound
Pros
free lunch
Cons
tiring and stressful
interesting place to be at.
Employee (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BC29 September 2016
This place gave me many opportunities to bring out the best in me. Also I learned how to work with co-workers with good understanding. I learned to complete my work on time and in proper ways
Fun workplace
Employee (Former Employee) –  Cloverdale, BC29 November 2016
Loved working at Quiznos it was very fun and the food there was great. Service was excellent and the workers there were so understanding .
Pros
Workers
Cons
Standing
Very good team work atmosphere
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Cranbrook, BC19 August 2016
Schedule is vary so sometimes schedule to work on weakend. Very well managed business, Learn lotss of to give importance on every singal customer orderr and best customer service.Very friendly.
Pros
Free Lunch
Very interesting job
Food Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 July 2016
working in quiznos is very interesting. you will learn lots of thing specially handling and giving customer service..

dealing with different person with different attitude was really challenging, you will develop self esteem, confidence and patient toward customers, co-workers as well.
Productive, upbeat workplace.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BC31 May 2016
Typical day at work kept me on my toes, not a moment went by that I wasn't doing something. Management was very upbeat and encouraging. Centrally located, so travelling to work was not a hassle.
I work independently with very little or no interference from corporation.
Owner/Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Thomas, ON25 March 2016
A typical work day starts at 8am and ends at 9pm 61/2 days a week.
I do all prep for the day before restaurant opens. All administrative work is completed before opening including taking deposit to bank. Complete focus on customers by all my employees once store is open. Take care of all business needs in down time throughout the day including ordering scheduling and any other business related needs

The biggest thing I have learned is to manage time well and efficiently.

I had zero percent turnover in last 4 years. Recently due to my employee all going away to school that has changed to 50% turnover. My co workers or employees are outstanding due to proper training and a clear vision of what I expect of them.I work beside them and take an interest in there lives.

Hardest part of job is the 80 hour weeks

Most enjoyable part of the job knowing that we have served our customers in a efficient manor with great food , friendly service and in a inviting and clean restaurant.
Pros
Make all day to day decisions
Cons
80 hour work week

2.9