Quiznos Employee Reviews in Canada

Not a fun place to work if you don't enjoy working alone
Cashier, preparation, customer service (Former Employee) –  Richmond, CAMarch 14, 2016
What makes this a nice place is the customer service from management and the family-like co-workers, what is hard is working alone most of the time especially during lunch rushes. Good place to start out though, all you need is enthusiasm and a good memory, they'll teach you the rest.
(note: not all establishments are the same)
I work independently with very little or no interference from corporation.
Owner/Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Thomas, ONMarch 25, 2016
A typical work day starts at 8am and ends at 9pm 61/2 days a week.
I do all prep for the day before restaurant opens. All administrative work is completed before opening including taking deposit to bank. Complete focus on customers by all my employees once store is open. Take care of all business needs in down time throughout the day including ordering scheduling and any other business related needs

The biggest thing I have learned is to manage time well and efficiently.

I had zero percent turnover in last 4 years. Recently due to my employee all going away to school that has changed to 50% turnover. My co workers or employees are outstanding due to proper training and a clear vision of what I expect of them.I work beside them and take an interest in there lives.

Hardest part of job is the 80 hour weeks

Most enjoyable part of the job knowing that we have served our customers in a efficient manor with great food , friendly service and in a inviting and clean restaurant.
Pros
Make all day to day decisions
Cons
80 hour work week
Enjoyable job and work experience despite managerial issues.
Waitress (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONNovember 8, 2015
Busy but simple task requirements. Quality over speed and cleanliness and manners forthright. Management always seems confused and often puts consequences of own actions onto employees. Work shifts are very unsettled. A good balance of pace for me that let me breathe easier after the learning curve. Getting everything done in the right order is the hardest part. The customers are generally patient and polite. The food is delicious.
Pros
free fountain drinks and wonderful employee discount
Cons
Management's lack of responsibility
Fun workplace to enjoy serve customers
Cashier and Sandwich maker (Former Employee) –  North Vancouver CanadaJuly 6, 2016
Learning how to make a good sandwich and enjoy the teamwork. The hardest part is when the customers line-up, and you are work by yourself. You need to organized everything and done everything quick and maintain the good quality. The most enjoyable part of the job is you can enjoy serve customers. When you remember what the y like, what they dislike, they are very happy.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
N/A
Productive workplace, but sloppy workers.
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BCFebruary 3, 2016
My typical day at work would include, set up and take down of all the products, and being the best possible worker to the company. What I learned was that to be the best worker you can be you have to have the best people around you, which wasn't the case. Co-workers were extremely sloppy and did not want to do their jobs which at the end of the day, i had to do. Hardest part of the job was, dealing with the manager, he cut me on my cheques and threatened to fire me when i asked for MY money. Best part about this job was being able to get the skills I need for other difficult jobs, like this one.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
not enough hours
Family oriented.
SANDWICH SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  FleetwoodOctober 6, 2015
Quiznos was family run. The Owner was the Managers Husband, and they always treat they're workers like they're really part of the family. Here I learnt how to make 35+ sandwich and menu items. I feel like this (For a first job ever) was such a perfect fit. Because of out managers loving character it always made me want to be the best employee she's ever had. I was always challenging myself and learning new things about myself! Everything I know about customer service came from Quiznos. My co workers ended up being my life long best friends. Quiznos at some point really was my family. I loved every minute of it! The hardest part of the job was not being able to advance. I enjoyed my time there and will always hold them close in my heart, but I needed more in the end. The best part of the job (Other than gaining best friends and a great family enviroment) was the atmosphere of Quiznos. Any other Quiznos I've walked in to all I get the sense of is a sandwich place, but this Quiznos, there was a sense of family, acceptance no matter who you were, and great people to greet you.
Pros
Family
Cons
No advancement
Very interesting job
Food Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 1, 2016
working in quiznos is very interesting. you will learn lots of thing specially handling and giving customer service..

dealing with different person with different attitude was really challenging, you will develop self esteem, confidence and patient toward customers, co-workers as well.
Working at Quiznos
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ONJanuary 13, 2016
Making sure that everything was done and in place for the opening of the store to ensure that the customer had their order in a timely manner. Enjoyed the company of fellow coworkers as well as employer. I learned that I can manage alot more than I thought I could in the workplace. The hardest part of the job was not receiving appreciation for the work that I did from one of the employers The most enjoyable part of my day was interacting with the regular customers and meeting new ones and hopefully making their day a bit better.
Pros
regular customers
Cons
not enough hours
Great until they didn't need you anymore
Server (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONAugust 31, 2015
i don't know how to begin this.

the store ran like a well oiled machine, there was great communication between the workers and the normal negative stuff you get from management that you cant do anything about but just to agree and follow the rules. nothing out of the normal.

taking in consideration that the store didn't have much business and they we didn't really have a management, just a supervisor that was trying her best to fill in the shoes for the absent area manager that would drop by twice a week because we lacked an actual manager.

the store eventually closed down, without notice.

i get it. we are disposable, but i mean after all the hard work and sacrifice everyone in the store put in. they really knew how to show you how much they cared about their employees.

i guess a warning would of been nice. would of really gave me some security.
Pros
great people with great work ethics
Cons
lame management with lame work ethics
fun, lousy workplace
Sandwich Artist/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONNovember 30, 2015
- customer service, cash, cleaning, closing, time management.
- cash, food preparation, customer service
- poor management
- kind, fun coworkers
Pros
1 free meal and unlimited drinks
Cons
Poor management, lousy sanitation, inadequate training
Productive, upbeat workplace.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BCMay 31, 2016
Typical day at work kept me on my toes, not a moment went by that I wasn't doing something. Management was very upbeat and encouraging. Centrally located, so travelling to work was not a hassle.
Not the worst; not the best
Downtown, Nanaimo Supervisor (Former Employee) –  111 Terminal, Nanaimo, BC, CanadaJanuary 18, 2016
I worked at Quiznos for almost 4 years before it closed down. I didn't mind the day to day of it but the pay is low. I started at minimum wage and ended at $11 an hour. The franchise sucks. They have a good product but they make it really hard for the owners to make any money and they're quickly shutting down all across Canada. The owner was great though.
Pros
50% off for me and my family
Cons
low pay
It was fun to make frozen yogurt
Sales Representative/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ONJune 2, 2016
It was fun to work during summer of 2013. It was nice and beautiful days working at weekends. Co-workers were very friendly and welcoming at work.
A good work place
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONMay 3, 2016
A typical day at work was me coming in cleaning the place, cutting veggie and making subs/handling customers with a smile on my face.
Pros
Half price food
Cons
bad management
Easy job, good staff
Staff (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKMay 20, 2016
Loved working for my original manager, but left after change in ownership. Good work environment, job is easy to do and the customers are often very friendly.
Friendly yet professional atmosphere, where you can easily be challenged
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, OntarioSeptember 29, 2014
Normally, when opening or closing the store, there is quite a bit of prep work and cleaning to do. You must be able to multi-task and serve the customers in a timely manner. You quickly learn that the customer is always right, and you must do whatever you can to satisfy them. The best part of the job is that there were so many tasks to accomplish that you're always busy and the time flies. The most challenging aspect of this job, was the long hours.. sometimes you must stay late after close to finish all the prep and cleaning even though you came early to open. This requires a lot of organization and patience. The co-workers and management were all friendly and easy to work with.
Pros
free meals, regular customers, simple recipes
Cons
limited opportunity for growth, no salary
productive workplace
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BCFebruary 26, 2016
It is an amazing job, I really like working there but I need a job a little closer to my home. There are wonderful customers which come to Quiznos, and it is always busy, so it keeps me entertained. My co-workers are very nice too.
productive and good work experince
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, mississaugaMarch 2, 2016
1. productive place
2. good work experience
3. work as a part time worker
4. i have learned how to work in a team and improve my working skills.
5. my co-workers and manager were very good and supportive too.
productive
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONApril 12, 2016
It was an interesting work experience in Quiznos Sub. I learnt many useful things like customer service, team work and many more.
Pros
bonus
amazing workplace
Sandwich Artist/Cashier (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONDecember 10, 2015
I absolutely loved working for quiznos as my first full time employment every one was very helpful and tough me a lot about being in the food industry, it was very fast but everyone was understanding if you had to go slowly to understand fully what you were to be doing. I was very impressed with how the entire staff was almost like a little family of its own I would go back to quiznos in a heart beat!

2.9