QuintilesIMS Employee Reviews

Excellent job environment to work
Senior SQL Server Database/BI Developer (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC5 July 2016
very nice work environment , nice supervisor
gym inside the company
I learn a lot there and enjoy to have this opportunity to work in the world wide company
It's like reliving highschool
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Ottawa26 April 2016
Many IMS locations are filled with great people but, be warned... the Ottawa location is like a time warp back to when you were 16. Small groups of gossipy and hateful people, management that takes a page from narcissism 101 and a surprisingly under skilled, yet very very arrogant, workforce. Many who work there are just very unhappy, so the gossip and childish behavior is simply the result of an unchallenged mind. I'm not sure what keeps them there.. fear, helplessness, something else? The 'good' folks are few and far between, they are there but, hide in their cubicles.

So, if you thrive on creativity, speedy decisions and have a passion for work and achieving something great with your career, you will be sorely disappointed working there. If simple is your thing, and like to spend your time in small talk about how horrible other coworkers are over coffee, while trying to avoid all responsibility (or shift blame) while still being paid well (and not having to work too much), well then you may fit right in.
Pros
Descent pay, minimal workload
Cons
The people
Productive and fun place to work with great benefits along with work/home life balance. Excellent colleagues who all work together as a team.
Sr. CRA (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC (Home Based)5 August 2014
My position was home based. I have an office set up in my home. I learned to prioritize my work hours and my home life. I did not have a problem working in my office for 8 hours and then leaving it to complete my home life duties. I had a great manager and got along very well with all of my colleagues. The hardest part of the job was working alone and feeling disconnected at times from my colleagues. The most enjoyable part of the job was starting a project and seeing it through to the closure.

I thought I was ready for retirement however quickly found out that I am not. Quintiles was a great place to work and I would really appreciate the opportunity to re-enter the workforce.
Benefits
Cons
Travel and being away from home
IMS Health
FAN Data management (IMS) (Current Employee) –  Montreal-ouest, QC30 July 2014
Amazing colleagues and work/life balance, they take good care of their people
fun place to work for
Pharmaceutical Sample Representative (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 June 2013
reviewing my call nplan, then start calling on medical clinics around 9:00.. checking samples, what they need, expiry date of the ones in there, merchandising samples, chat a little bit with the doctors and or medical staff.

I learned the value of customer service,. management is awesome, very supportive, have great team work with my counterparts. hardest part of the job, none, except when the weather won't let you work.
most enjoyable is when the customers appreciate you for your service.
Pros
free lunch, meeting people