Quinn Pumps is looking for 5 Journeyman Machinists
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (include the following, however, other duties may apply.)
- Performs all tasks in a safe and responsible manner
- Reads and interprets blueprints
- Uses gages and measuring instruments to meet tolerance requirements
- Uses precision tools, machinery and equipment such as lathe, vertical milling machine, drill press, hydraulic press, chop saw, band saw and a variety of cutting and welding equipment such as TIG, MIG and Oxy-Acetylene.
- Fabricates and shapes parts such as tools and machine parts out of metal, plastics and composites
- Properly and safely selects, aligns, secures and removes holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories and materials onto machines
- Recognizes, deploys and properly uses inserts, fixtures and tooling
- Performs daily and regular cleaning and light maintenance tasks on machinery and equipment
- Evaluate experimental procedures and recommend change or modifications for efficiency and adaptability to setup and production
- Utilizes and abides by ISO requirements and safety procedures
- Complies with all quality policies, specifications, regulations and instructions
- Train and mentor fellow employees
To perform this job an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Must have a general knowledge of
- estimating time and materials for machine jobs
- metals, the quality, machinability and uses of metals, alloys and other materials
- machines and tools, including their design, uses, repair and maintenance
- design techniques, tools and principles involved in the production of precision technical plans and drawings.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Red Seal Journeyman Ticket
- High school diploma
These positions are located in Red Deer, AB.
Please forward your resume and salary expectations in confidence to:
Quinn Pumps Canada Ltd
Attn: Human Resources
Fax (403) 343-3210
Indeed - 17 months ago
copy to clipboard -