The Senior Logistics Manager and Construction site coordinator accountable to the Project manager, Commercial Development for safely delivering the oversight of the assigned logistics segment within the approved project Cost and Schedule; and in compliance with the specified level of quality, as stated in the scope of works and sub contactors contracts.
Use leadership skills to ensure all functions supporting the logistics project are aligned and working to support the project's objectives.
The Project Manager is accountable for ensuring the required level of scope definition during the DBM, FEED and detailed engineering phases, providing oversight of the selected carrier and reviewing the cost estimate, schedule, Project Execution Plan (PEP) and Construction Execution Plan(CEP)
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Review of schedule and interface with other client areas to ensure that all coordination activities are achieved.
- Review of budget to ensure that all activities are included and costs are reasonable for the scope of work.
- Request scope changes to carrier
- Review and recommend scope change proposals submitted by carrier
- Coordinate regulatory, stakeholder and communications activities between carrier and shipper.
- Provide oversight to the carriers' regulatory application
- Review of adherence to carrier gated process to ensure compliance
- Interface with other carriers or service providers to determine battery limits
- Coordinate sourcing strategy with the carrier
- Provide regular updates to internal stakeholders and partners
- Accountable to liaise with the shipper's representatives and other shippers as required ensuring that all technical, regulatory, cost and schedule issues are addressed.
- Any impacts will be trended and flagged to the Senior Specialist, Commercial Development.
- Through the use of technical Project Management technical skills and leadership skills, the Senior Logistics Manager will ensure the Logistics project is delivered in accordance with the business unit needs and the contract with the carrier
- Manage and oversee material sourcing and inventory, logistics and customer service strategies for the supply of aggregate products, as well as fleet optimization and effectiveness
- Accountable for the development, communication, implementation and tracking of inventory and sourcing strategy in area of responsibility
- Prepare inventory projection analysis monthly; incorporate production plans, sales forecasts, inventory balances, etc.
- Track and forecast monthly financial performance of supply chain team
- Establish freight rates, oversee and improve order entry, dispatch systems and procedures to provide on-time delivery and effective communication with customers and internal personnel
- Obey safety guidelines at all sites and operations; coordinate and train employees and contractors on safety procedures
- Implement and manage the Safe Trucking Program, ensure safety compliance and target zero incidents
- Post-secondary degree/diploma
- Must have minimum 15 years or more of relevant experience as a Senior Logistics Manager in Construction, Facility Management, Transport Logistics and Aviation Construction Logistics and importantly, Construction of Secure Facilities.
- Of which 7+ years experience in a materials and logistics function within a manufacturing plant, consumer product, or transportation role.
- Must have Security training, Managerial level from a recognised government institution.
- Must have teaching/training experience to train up junior and mid level site coordinators and materials handling personnel.
- Must have experience having managed $1B + projects
- Given the reliance on multiple functions, internal stakeholders, and external contractors to achieve this goal, the position demands strong managerial, people, interpersonal, technical, business, communication skills and customer focus.
- This position must work effectively with several functional groups such as: Supply Chain Management, Quality, Engineering and Environmental Health & Safety.
- This position must adapt to changing phases of the project and maintain a highly effective project organization that will deliver the logistics segment project objectives.
- Goals and objectives will vary from time to time as economic conditions dictate and the Project Manager must be accepting and able to effect project change in a timely manner to manage within those external constraints.
- Cement and / or aggregate background an asset
- International experience bringing innovative logistics practices and methodologies is a definite asset.
- The physical working conditions primarily occur in Alberta. This position will require trips to the construction site during the construction phase.
- Working hours may exceed the normal week as required to meet deadlines and other immediate commitments.
- Must be prepared to relocate.
- This position will be first point of contact for any site incidents and will require the successful candidate to be on call 24/7.
Indeed - 16 months ago
Transportation and Industrial facility design and construction management