Quinn Contracting

Quinn Contracting Employee Reviews

safety watch/labourer
safety watch (Former Employee) –  Joffre, ABJanuary 11, 2016
good plce to work positive atmosphere ilearn a lot about safety on construction site very friendly environment going back home each night safe
i was very happy working for quinn just wished that i could have stayed longer.
Millwright Commissioning/Start-Up (Former Employee) –  Fort Mackay, ABNovember 20, 2015
very professional company great interaction with the on-site supervision plus being paid ontime with no concerns a big plus.
met some of the hardest fun working people through them
Pipe fitter, Equipment Operator, Crane Operator (Former Employee) –  AlbertaOctober 21, 2015
you are ether on a good hard working fun crew or you end up on a under the desk ball sucking lazy crew but all in all they keep a guy busy
Pros
constant work
Cons
drop in wages, cut rrsp, no perks like they used too
Just a job
Swamper (Former Employee) –  Cold Lake, ABSeptember 30, 2015
It was a decent job, lots of hard work wrenching on piping and rusty old valves. Learned a lot about safety culture and it was ingrained in me since day one. Typical day involved a toolbox meeting then the handing out of permits and job sheets, which were then reviewed and signed before we went to work. Work mostly consisted of repacking pump jack stuffing boxes and changing sheaves on the motors. Sometimes we also had to replace different parts of piping or small vent pumps in the buildings. I learned comprehensive lockout procedures and how to confirm and maintain a zero energy state in equipment I worked on. The best part of the job for me was the feeling of accomplishment I got when My partner and myself did a good job, quickly and safely.
Management took care of them selfs didn't care about employees
Foreman; Lead for Maintenance (Former Employee) –  CNRL primrose north BonnyvilleSeptember 24, 2015
Poor
management they looked after them self always the first to point fingers to someone else if something went wrong
the employees where good just tried to keep up the mar ell
wages not good i only lasted 3 months poor management
Pros
people that i work with
Cons
management
Life working for Quinn Contracting.
Technical Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Blackfalds, ABSeptember 2, 2015
Really focused on safety.
Coworkers are great to work with.
Benefits are good.

A typical day's duties vary on the service desk.
Warm inviting staff and great enviornment for learning
Corporate Fleet Administrator (Current Employee) –  Blackfalds, ABJune 16, 2015
Working with Quinn has been one of the best experiences in my life. Between the education and support I receive I highly recommend working with Quinn to achieve your career goals.
Pros
Great Benefits and Educational programs
Cons
Communication can lack at times
Half decent place.
B Pressure & CWB Welder (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AlbertaMay 28, 2015
The most enjoyable part of this job was the amazing coworkers I had the pleasure to work with. The management could have been better for this particular company however.
Very good company
Apprentice Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  BonnyvillApril 25, 2015
Very good company to work for. Safety is top. Lodging is ok. Co-workers are respectful. Wages are top notch. I recommend this company.
Good Experience in oil plant
Warehouse Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Cold Lake, ABFebruary 11, 2015
I was hired with no experience and enjoyed my time here. I was on a shut down crew so no security in the job was a big stresser.
Pros
experience
Cons
no job security
Mediocre company
Laborer/ app. pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Cold Lake, ABJanuary 26, 2015
I was lied to about duration of project, laid off due to loss of contract with esso. No other work available within the company. Low wage. No overtime. They did pay for all my safety tickets.They did grant days off as needed. They're just ok, not a company to quit your current job for. I learned the hard way.
Cheers
Pros
safety courses, free lunches, laid back atomsphere
Cons
no overtime, low wage, disorganized enviroment
Productive workplace
Labourer/ Helper (Current Employee) –  Cold Lake, ABDecember 30, 2014
A typical day at work for me would to firstly attend my tailgate meeting, go to job site. Wait for a permit by operator, sign onto permit. Do my PTA, have everyone who's working with us to sign on. Start work. Finish and clean up. I learned how to do some pipefitting. Then I got put to being a welders helper. This field has also helped me understand more on pipefitting and welding, which I enjoyed. I learned a lot of both trades. My co-workers weren't/ aren't the most hard workers I've ever seen, but they do their best at getting the job done properly. The hardest part of my job was the start of my employment. I was green experienced. The most enjoyable part was my co-workers. I enjoyed everyones good work ethic, and really enjoyed those who took their time to show me how things were properly done and doing it safely.
Pros
good shift
Cons
unfairly paid travel
Career with Quinn Contracting as a Pipefitter / steamfitter, & planner
Planner/ Field Planner/Lead T/A Planner (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, ABNovember 29, 2014
Quinn Contracting, provided me with long lasting employment that I benefited from greatly. However, it was tough to be able to get any kind of professional development to better myself in a way that I could benefit the company.. trying to advance to a different position was difficult within this company unless you moved away...
the experience that I gained while working at the plant that I did had proven to be invaluable & had provided me with stable employment so that I could provide for my family.
Pros
salary was great, people & work enviroment were really good.
Cons
no professional developement to keep up with industry, no chance to move to a different position within the current plant
Great place to work.
Apprentice Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Bonnyville, ABOctober 24, 2014
Enjoyed the learning. Working hours and days off were excellent.
Rongpur,Bangladesh.
Marketing officer (Current Employee) –  NaogaonSeptember 2, 2014
Work in Dr.inside and impress for medicine.and seals many medicine our local market.company give me target every month.
Pros
medical promotion officer
Cons
Only take it if you need it
1st Year Pipefitter Apprentice (Former Employee) –  JoffreJuly 30, 2014
I had heard Quinn was one of the lowest-paying companies in the industry. This is true, although they have a very good benefits package (contributions, training program, boot allowance, etc)

They seem to hire lots of East coasters, as that is who founded the company, and in my opinion, these guys do sub-par work and drive down the wages for the rest of the people, since they receive buddy-hires and stand around more than work.

The job was a shutdown, and at first, nights consisted mostly of sitting in a trailer waiting for work. Towards the end of the shutdown, it was mostly busy all night, with very poor organization and communication between the crews/lead hands/dayshift. I'm a 1st year pipefitter apprentice and ended up working on almost every big task, as they hired several incompetent people (with a higher "qualification" level and pay) and did not enforce any work ethic. If I had a choice, I would never work for Quinn again.
Pros
good benefit program, 7-day sub for a 6-day work week
Cons
too many buddy hires and east coasters really bring down the quality of work and production
good effort in trying to keep core employees employed.
Journeyman Steamfitter/Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  blackfalds, albertaMay 30, 2014
Finding it difficult to get a hold of HR department when looking for work, non-sufficient call back for upcoming positions.
I feel that only their main core group get advancement, which may discourage others in trying their best.
Was not a good place to work in the end
AP Technician (Former Employee) –  BlackfaldsApril 28, 2014
They figure that everyone should do the work of 2 - 3 people. They are not tolerant of people with fragrance allergies.
Pros
smoke break once an hour
Cons
no home life
Made life long friends in a positive work area
Scaffold Apprentice (Former Employee) –  BonnyvilleMarch 11, 2014
Worked on a turnaround crew up on the CLAWR "cold lake air weapons range" building and modifying scaffolds for other trades such as Welders and Pipe Fitters.Tto me its the people working next to you that makes your job, the salary is probably the lowest in the scaffolding trade but the experience i had with my coworkers was priceless. Hardest part of the job was driving an hour to and from work but being able to work along other trades and seeing what they do is very enjoyable and a learning expierence
Pros
long hours, home every night
Cons
drive to and from work
Productive & entertaining place to work.
Repack Crew (Former Employee) –  Cold Lake, ABFebruary 13, 2014
I enjoyed working at Quinn. The money was good, the management was well organized & my co-workers came from all walks of life which I found extremely interesting. I learned a lot about the world, & myself while working at Quinn.
Pros
employee treatment
Cons
harsh weather conditions