Quinn Contracting

Quinn Contracting Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Rongpur,Bangladesh.
Marketing officer (Current Employee), NaogaonSeptember 2, 2014
Pros: medical promotion officer
Cons: long hours
Work in Dr.inside and impress for medicine.and seals many medicine our local market.company give me target every month.
Only take it if you need it
1st Year Pipefitter Apprentice (Former Employee), JoffreJuly 30, 2014
Pros: good benefit program, 7-day sub for a 6-day work week
Cons: too many buddy hires and east coasters really bring down the quality of work and production
I had heard Quinn was one of the lowest-paying companies in the industry. This is true, although they have a very good benefits package (contributions, training program, boot allowance, etc)

They seem to hire lots of East coasters, as that is who founded the company, and in my opinion, these guys do sub-par work and drive down the wages for the rest – more... of the people, since they receive buddy-hires and stand around more than work.

The job was a shutdown, and at first, nights consisted mostly of sitting in a trailer waiting for work. Towards the end of the shutdown, it was mostly busy all night, with very poor organization and communication between the crews/lead hands/dayshift. I'm a 1st year pipefitter apprentice and ended up working on almost every big task, as they hired several incompetent people (with a higher "qualification" level and pay) and did not enforce any work ethic. If I had a choice, I would never work for Quinn again. – less
good effort in trying to keep core employees employed.
Journeyman Steamfitter/Pipefitter (Former Employee), blackfalds, albertaMay 30, 2014
Finding it difficult to get a hold of HR department when looking for work, non-sufficient call back for upcoming positions.
I feel that only their main core group get advancement, which may discourage others in trying their best.
Was not a good place to work in the end
AP Technician (Former Employee), BlackfaldsApril 28, 2014
Pros: smoke break once an hour
Cons: no home life
They figure that everyone should do the work of 2 - 3 people. They are not tolerant of people with fragrance allergies.
Made life long friends in a positive work area
Scaffold Apprentice (Former Employee), BonnyvilleMarch 11, 2014
Pros: long hours, home every night
Cons: drive to and from work
Worked on a turnaround crew up on the CLAWR "cold lake air weapons range" building and modifying scaffolds for other trades such as Welders and Pipe Fitters.Tto me its the people working next to you that makes your job, the salary is probably the lowest in the scaffolding trade but the experience i had with my coworkers was priceless. Hardest part of – more... the job was driving an hour to and from work but being able to work along other trades and seeing what they do is very enjoyable and a learning expierence – less
Productive & entertaining place to work.
Repack Crew (Former Employee), Cold Lake, ABFebruary 13, 2014
Pros: employee treatment
Cons: harsh weather conditions
I enjoyed working at Quinn. The money was good, the management was well organized & my co-workers came from all walks of life which I found extremely interesting. I learned a lot about the world, & myself while working at Quinn.
Overall 10
Field tech (Former Employee), Cold lake/bonnyvilleFebruary 2, 2014
Pros: good people
Cons: can't think of any
I worked for Quinn turnaround 2013
51/2 months
Best company I ever worked for
They pay u handsomely and train u
All u have to do is show up
great money, but you work for the biggest idiots/backstabbers I have ever met in 20 year career
Foreman (Former Employee), Nisku module yardNovember 8, 2013
Money is not everything, Quinn is one big headache, at work and at home
simple oil patch work
SENIOR FIELD TECH (Former Employee), CNRLOctober 15, 2013
loved it!

company truck

gas card

little to no heavy lifting

good ppl
Productive and Safe
Welders Helper (Former Employee), Cold Lake, ABAugust 19, 2013
Pros: good working atmosphere
Cons: not enough hours
Every morning in the toolbox meeting we discussed what we accomplished the day before, if there were any hazards and how we reacted. My foreman and co-workers were very supportive and the crew were like a family they all cared for each others safety and feelings.
Poor
Journeyman Millwright (Current Employee), Husky SunriseJune 26, 2013
Poor organization. Not prepared for trades people yet at location.
Overall good work experience
Pipefitter (Former Employee), Red Deer, ABSeptember 20, 2012
Pros: usually a decent crew
Cons: sometimes bad choice for leads/supervision
Worked turnarounds with Quinn. Overall Quinn is a great company to work for. Has a decent benefits package through Merit.

About Quinn Contracting

Quinn Contracting has been serving the oil, gas and petrochemical industries for over 40 years. We began with a promise to provide – Read more

Quinn Contracting Photos