Quinn Contracting

Quinn Contracting Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Warm inviting staff and great enviornment for learning
Corporate Fleet Administrator (Current Employee), Blackfalds, ABJune 16, 2015
Pros: Great Benefits and Educational programs
Cons: Communication can lack at times
Working with Quinn has been one of the best experiences in my life. Between the education and support I receive I highly recommend working with Quinn to achieve your career goals.
Half decent place.
B Pressure & CWB Welder (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, AlbertaMay 28, 2015
The most enjoyable part of this job was the amazing coworkers I had the pleasure to work with. The management could have been better for this particular company however.
Very good company
Apprentice Pipefitter (Former Employee), BonnyvillApril 25, 2015
Very good company to work for. Safety is top. Lodging is ok. Co-workers are respectful. Wages are top notch. I recommend this company.
Good Experience in oil plant
Warehouse Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee), Cold Lake, ABFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: experience
Cons: no job security
I was hired with no experience and enjoyed my time here. I was on a shut down crew so no security in the job was a big stresser.
Mediocre company
Laborer/ app. pipefitter (Former Employee), Cold Lake, ABJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: safety courses, free lunches, laid back atomsphere
Cons: no overtime, low wage, disorganized enviroment
I was lied to about duration of project, laid off due to loss of contract with esso. No other work available within the company. Low wage. No overtime. They did pay for all my safety tickets.They did grant days off as needed. They're just ok, not a company to quit your current job for. I learned the hard way.
Cheers
Productive workplace
Labourer/ Helper (Current Employee), Cold Lake, ABDecember 30, 2014
Pros: good shift
Cons: unfairly paid travel
A typical day at work for me would to firstly attend my tailgate meeting, go to job site. Wait for a permit by operator, sign onto permit. Do my PTA, have everyone who's working with us to sign on. Start work. Finish and clean up. I learned how to do some pipefitting. Then I got put to being a welders helper. This field has also helped me understand more on pipefitting and welding, which I enjoyed. I learned a lot of both trades. My co-workers weren't/ aren't the most hard workers I've ever seen, but they do their best at getting the job done properly. The hardest part of my job was the start of my employment. I was green experienced. The most enjoyable part was my co-workers. I enjoyed everyones good work ethic, and really enjoyed those who took their time to show me how things were properly done and doing it safely.
Career with Quinn Contracting as a Pipefitter / steamfitter, & planner
Planner/ Field Planner/Lead T/A Planner (Former Employee), Red Deer, ABNovember 29, 2014
Pros: salary was great, people & work enviroment were really good.
Cons: no professional developement to keep up with industry, no chance to move to a different position within the current plant
Quinn Contracting, provided me with long lasting employment that I benefited from greatly. However, it was tough to be able to get any kind of professional development to better myself in a way that I could benefit the company.. trying to advance to a different position was difficult within this company unless you moved away...
the experience that I gained while working at the plant that I did had proven to be invaluable & had provided me with stable employment so that I could provide for my family.
Great place to work.
Apprentice Pipefitter (Former Employee), Bonnyville, ABOctober 24, 2014
Enjoyed the learning. Working hours and days off were excellent.
Rongpur,Bangladesh.
Marketing officer (Current Employee), NaogaonSeptember 2, 2014
Pros: medical promotion officer
Cons: long hours
Work in Dr.inside and impress for medicine.and seals many medicine our local market.company give me target every month.
Only take it if you need it
1st Year Pipefitter Apprentice (Former Employee), JoffreJuly 30, 2014
Pros: good benefit program, 7-day sub for a 6-day work week
Cons: too many buddy hires and east coasters really bring down the quality of work and production
I had heard Quinn was one of the lowest-paying companies in the industry. This is true, although they have a very good benefits package (contributions, training program, boot allowance, etc)

They seem to hire lots of East coasters, as that is who founded the company, and in my opinion, these guys do sub-par work and drive down the wages for the rest of the people, since they receive buddy-hires and stand around more than work.

The job was a shutdown, and at first, nights consisted mostly of sitting in a trailer waiting for work. Towards the end of the shutdown, it was mostly busy all night, with very poor organization and communication between the crews/lead hands/dayshift. I'm a 1st year pipefitter apprentice and ended up working on almost every big task, as they hired several incompetent people (with a higher "qualification" level and pay) and did not enforce any work ethic. If I had a choice, I would never work for Quinn again.
good effort in trying to keep core employees employed.
Journeyman Steamfitter/Pipefitter (Former Employee), blackfalds, albertaMay 30, 2014
Finding it difficult to get a hold of HR department when looking for work, non-sufficient call back for upcoming positions.
I feel that only their main core group get advancement, which may discourage others in trying their best.
Was not a good place to work in the end
AP Technician (Former Employee), BlackfaldsApril 28, 2014
Pros: smoke break once an hour
Cons: no home life
They figure that everyone should do the work of 2 - 3 people. They are not tolerant of people with fragrance allergies.
Made life long friends in a positive work area
Scaffold Apprentice (Former Employee), BonnyvilleMarch 11, 2014
Pros: long hours, home every night
Cons: drive to and from work
Worked on a turnaround crew up on the CLAWR "cold lake air weapons range" building and modifying scaffolds for other trades such as Welders and Pipe Fitters.Tto me its the people working next to you that makes your job, the salary is probably the lowest in the scaffolding trade but the experience i had with my coworkers was priceless. Hardest part of the job was driving an hour to and from work but being able to work along other trades and seeing what they do is very enjoyable and a learning expierence
Productive & entertaining place to work.
Repack Crew (Former Employee), Cold Lake, ABFebruary 13, 2014
Pros: employee treatment
Cons: harsh weather conditions
I enjoyed working at Quinn. The money was good, the management was well organized & my co-workers came from all walks of life which I found extremely interesting. I learned a lot about the world, & myself while working at Quinn.
Overall 10
Field tech (Former Employee), Cold lake/bonnyvilleFebruary 2, 2014
Pros: good people
Cons: can't think of any
I worked for Quinn turnaround 2013
51/2 months
Best company I ever worked for
They pay u handsomely and train u
All u have to do is show up
Productive and fast paced
Labourer (Former Employee), Blackfalds, ABNovember 9, 2013
i enjoyed working for this company
worked in the tool crib
worked as a general labourer including spill response
great money, but you work for the biggest idiots/backstabbers I have ever met in 20 year career
Foreman (Former Employee), Nisku module yardNovember 8, 2013
Money is not everything, Quinn is one big headache, at work and at home
Productive and Safe
Welders Helper (Former Employee), Cold Lake, ABAugust 19, 2013
Pros: good working atmosphere
Cons: not enough hours
Every morning in the toolbox meeting we discussed what we accomplished the day before, if there were any hazards and how we reacted. My foreman and co-workers were very supportive and the crew were like a family they all cared for each others safety and feelings.
Poor
Journeyman Millwright (Current Employee), Husky SunriseJune 26, 2013
Poor organization. Not prepared for trades people yet at location.
Overall good work experience
Pipefitter (Former Employee), Red Deer, ABSeptember 20, 2012
Pros: usually a decent crew
Cons: sometimes bad choice for leads/supervision
Worked turnarounds with Quinn. Overall Quinn is a great company to work for. Has a decent benefits package through Merit.

About Quinn Contracting

Quinn Contracting has been serving the oil, gas and petrochemical industries for over 40 years. We began with a promise to provide – Read more

Quinn Contracting Photos