Quinn Contracting Ltd

Quinn Contracting Ltd Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Experienced work force, excellent safety culture, good comaraderie
Safety Advisor (Former Employee), Cenovus-Foster Creek, Cold Lake Air Weapons RangeApril 23, 2015
Pros: good benefits and company provided leadership training courses
Cons: Too much administration and no safety administrator to assist
Safety input at morning toolbox meeting, work direction given to crews, check email correspondence - safety alerts etc., onsite safety inspection of crews, risk assessments, monitor and give assistance to safety watch, update safety stats, report and investigate any incidents.
Safety is a continual learning experience. Each situation is a building block for the safety integrity of the company.
There – more... is an excellent camaraderie in the work place with a good balance of journeymen, experienced mentors, and some newer inexperienced workers.
The hardest part of the job is to keep up with all the reports and administration while trying to maintain a 70% presence in the field.
Being in the field, interacting with,and monitoring the safety of, the work crews, is the most enjoyable part of the job. – less
Great people to work with and gained lots of experiance
Maintenance/ Reliability (Former Employee), Rocky Mtn. House, AlbertaMarch 19, 2015
Pros: lots of overtime and experience acquired
Cons: plant was a long distance from town.
Working in Maintenance , Operations , and operating mobile equipment there was a good variety to keep everything interesting and very busy. Long hours and lots of new people quitting and starting constantly.
good place to work.
skilled labour (Current Employee), Cold Lake, ABFebruary 24, 2015
yup all good always have work for me when the getting is good.wage good benifets good .not much more to say except this thing wont go any farther if I don't write anything .
Overall Good Company to work for
Field Coordinator (Foreman) (Former Employee), Imperial Oil Cold Lake ABFebruary 7, 2015
Pros: hours and family life were genereally balanced well
Cons: management tended to be aloof to the problems of the workers
This Company has treated me well and kept me fully employed for 9.5 years in the Cold Lake area. daily routine was busy but not overly stressful. Learned many communication skills and abilities that furthered the desire to learn.
Good place to be working in
Senior Buyer-Operations (IOR & Dow Prentiss) (Former Employee), Blackfalds, ABDecember 12, 2014
Wonderful people to work with - highly co-operative well qualified but do require a set standard of dealing with people.
good people in shop
shop foreman (Current Employee), Bonnyville, ABMarch 3, 2014
poor management and organising skill . all trades people in shop are eager to learn and hard working
first circus ive been too that was actually run by clowns
PIPE FITTER (Former Employee), Blackfalds, ABJanuary 19, 2014
Cons: no leadership
it took me two years of sending in applications to finally get hired by Quinn, what a disappointment that was. from day one the foreman would either forget the time sheet to sign in by and come pay day they would play stupid and point fingers, in two pay periods just before xmas I was short the total sum of 2400 bucks on my pay and when I asked about trying to get it straightened out I was accused – more... of starting an employee revolt, their piping superindenent should of retired years ago when he forgot that hiring friends was the way to solve problems but that is the problem, they hire dumb guys who worked the tools many years ago and simply forgot the trade. Safety well that's another story as an ncso I stood back and at times watched in horror as Quinn went about their business and when you bring these things to lite you end up on the other side of the gate just like I did. maybe im old but I do have experience and lord god himself knows why I go to these site knowing that my certs are more than enough to do the jjob.i actually thought they were a good established company but to have to fight for pay and double check everyday to ensure your time is being submitted. no direction from foremen because they don't get it from management, I called it the BLIND leading the BLIND – less
Good camp life with anything you could really want for entertainment in a camp setting
Pipefitter apprentice, welder's helper (Former Employee), christina lake albertaMay 21, 2013
Wake up
eat breakfast
make lunch
work
dinner in cafeteria
do whatever (gym, movie, guitar)
Great place to start your career
Accounts Receivable/Payroll Technician (Current Employee), Blackfalds, ABMarch 10, 2013
I have been employeed with Quinn for the past 5 years and have been very grateful for what they have given me, in experience and in my life. I wouldn't be where I am at now without their helping hand. But I think it's time I move on to better oppurnities else where. Advance my career and learn from other people. Quinn is a great place to start your career.
steam fitter pipe fitter
Pipe fitter / Steam fitter (Former Employee), AlbertaApril 5, 2015
Pros: travaillé avec de bons employés
Cons: aucun
Aimé travailler pour cette compagnie

Les employés avec qui j ai travaillé étaient bien connaissant