Job Posting: RMH14-001
Location: Foothills District
Office City/Town: Rocky Mountain House, AB
The Junior Accountant is responsible for assisting the Senior and Intermediate Accountants in overseeing the day to day accounting and administrative operations of the districts; ensuring all payroll, accounts payable and billing transactions are recorded accurately and completely in accordance with accounting policies and contract terms. Assistance with month end accounting reconciliations and journal entries is also required.
- Provide support to Accounting Technicians in meeting their day to day responsibilities including delegation of workload and supervising day to day tasks
- Assisting Senior Accountants with various accounting duties
- Documentation of new and existing work flows for each accounting position
- Documentation of accounting processes and procedures for various sites
- Support of new and transitioning customer sites including training and overflow
- Assist with cross training of district personnel
- Ensure invoicing complies to contract terms and is billed out in a timely manner
- Assist with and provide backup for customer inquiries and other issues ie. A/P and A/R
- Create and manage spreadsheets and documents to help processes and to help assist with keeping tasks within up to date
- Assist with training and cross training of district personal
- Ad hoc analysis and reporting tasks as assigned
- Post-secondary diploma in Accounting
- 1-2 years related experience
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications with above average Excel skills
- Working towards accounting designation or post-secondary degree in related field.
- Oil and gas or construction industry experience.
- Self-starter capable of working independently and as a member of a team.
- Ability to compile, analyze and report information accurately and in a timely and meaningful manner.
- Results oriented with ability to meet various deadlines.
- Strong ability to problem solve and present appropriate solutions.
- Able to work in a team environment and maintain positive relationships with all levels of the organization.
- Strong understanding of Accounting practices and principles
CLOSING DATE: JANUARY 24, 2014
Please submit your resume and cover letter to one (1) of the following: