QUINN CONTRACTING LTD.

QUINN CONTRACTING LTD. Employee Reviews

It was good experience and fun workplace
Sacaffolder & Hand painter (Current Employee) –  Toront or any were in Canada15 August 2016
It was very good experience day for me,

I learned a lot for experience on the platform out to drop tools and pipe many things.

The management are employee-friendly,

My co-workers are friendly and follow safety procedure at work site

It is when transfering pipe from one place to another

When you work for a company and go back home with injury free it makes family happy and receive your salary month end and enjoy with your family
Pros
prompt payment
Cons
delayed payment
Awesome Job
Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 April 2016
Days were busy. Learning new systems. Management and co-workers were excellent. A very enjoyable job and company to work for!
Pros
Excellent benefits and no micro-management.
Cons
None.
Great bosses
Payroll Administrator (Former Employee) –  Cold Lake, AB5 December 2016
Had the best management throughout the company. Loved my job and co workers. I gained a lot of experience in different areas such as QC and HR.
Pros
in town
Cons
company sold
great company
Apprentice welder (Former Employee) –  Bonnyville, AB30 December 2016
i would reccomend this company to many people as long as your a hard worker try to get on with a good crew and good boses and you will be successfulkl lots of hours when economy is good
i enjoyed working there
Journeyman Insulator (Former Employee) –  Joffre, AB10 February 2017
I enjoyed working for Quinn .the hardest part of the job for me was all the wasted time that was required I understand its just part of the job but its about the only thing there that I didn't enjoy
Pros
medical and dental
Cons
all the red tape
Good people work was smooth jobs done on time.
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Cold Lake, AB21 July 2016
Drive to work in company van an hour drive get there at 7am safety meeting starts at 7:30 until 8. always work with same partner get informed of the job task we are being assigned to that day. fill out daily paper work (pre task assessment) get supplies for task drive to location get permitted from field operator. start job when done return to lead hand for new task. Great job always learning something new, good thing about working for Quinn always had work to do. Hardest part was the travel to and from work each day
Pros
Great people, steady work, fair pay.
Cons
travel to and from work each day. No other cons
loa motel with breat staf
Scaffolder (Former Employee) –  Cold Lake, AB17 December 2016
great company, great co workers. hated to see the job end
as an apprentice i learned every day from the experience they hired . i was lucky to be chosen out of school to join their team, wish i could get back out there.
Helpful and good overall place to work
, Process Lab Technician Oil Analyst (Former Employee) –  Blackfalds, AB7 November 2016
Enjoy working for Quinn . They kept me
working thru the downtime in the industry. Always eager to help. Very approachable when there is an issue to solve.
Career with Quinn Contracting as a Pipefitter / steamfitter, & planner
Planner/ Field Planner/Lead T/A Planner (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB29 November 2014
Quinn Contracting, provided me with long lasting employment that I benefited from greatly. However, it was tough to be able to get any kind of professional development to better myself in a way that I could benefit the company.. trying to advance to a different position was difficult within this company unless you moved away...
the experience that I gained while working at the plant that I did had proven to be invaluable & had provided me with stable employment so that I could provide for my family.
Pros
Salary was great, people & work enviroment were really good.
Cons
No professional developement to keep up with industry, no chance to move to a different position within the current plant
hard working company
Pipefitter apprentice (Former Employee) –  Alberta20 October 2016
working in a positive and safe environment with knowledgeable colleagues
workers are willing to help and mentor new workers
Experienced work force, excellent safety culture, good comaraderie
Safety Advisor (Former Employee) –  Cenovus-Foster Creek, Cold Lake Air Weapons Range23 April 2015
Safety input at morning toolbox meeting, work direction given to crews, check email correspondence - safety alerts etc., onsite safety inspection of crews, risk assessments, monitor and give assistance to safety watch, update safety stats, report and investigate any incidents.
Safety is a continual learning experience. Each situation is a building block for the safety integrity of the company.
There is an excellent camaraderie in the work place with a good balance of journeymen, experienced mentors, and some newer inexperienced workers.
The hardest part of the job is to keep up with all the reports and administration while trying to maintain a 70% presence in the field.
Being in the field, interacting with,and monitoring the safety of, the work crews, is the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
good benefits and company provided leadership training courses
Cons
Too much administration and no safety administrator to assist
labourer
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Cold Lake, AB7 October 2016
paid loa for daily as well as travel supplied. daily tool box. very safety conscious. amazing company to work for. most enjoyable part was learnt how to properly weld.
Made life long friends in a positive work area
Scaffold Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Bonnyville11 March 2014
Worked on a turnaround crew up on the CLAWR "cold lake air weapons range" building and modifying scaffolds for other trades such as Welders and Pipe Fitters.Tto me its the people working next to you that makes your job, the salary is probably the lowest in the scaffolding trade but the experience i had with my coworkers was priceless. Hardest part of the job was driving an hour to and from work but being able to work along other trades and seeing what they do is very enjoyable and a learning expierence
Pros
long hours, Home every night
Cons
Drive to and from work
good place to work for
supervisor (Former Employee) –  Blackfalds1 September 2015
Quinn is a stable employer with benefits and good payment schedules and a good promotions program I had a good foreman as well as a good stable position
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Only take it if you need it
1st Year Pipefitter Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Joffre30 July 2014
I had heard Quinn was one of the lowest-paying companies in the industry. This is true, although they have a very good benefits package (contributions, training program, boot allowance, etc)

They seem to hire lots of East coasters, as that is who founded the company, and in my opinion, these guys do sub-par work and drive down the wages for the rest of the people, since they receive buddy-hires and stand around more than work.

The job was a shutdown, and at first, nights consisted mostly of sitting in a trailer waiting for work. Towards the end of the shutdown, it was mostly busy all night, with very poor organization and communication between the crews/lead hands/dayshift. I'm a 1st year pipefitter apprentice and ended up working on almost every big task, as they hired several incompetent people (with a higher "qualification" level and pay) and did not enforce any work ethic. If I had a choice, I would never work for Quinn again.
Pros
Good benefit program, 7-day sub for a 6-day work week
Cons
Too many buddy hires and East coasters really bring down the quality of work and production
Very Good.
Bolt-Up Technician (Former Employee) –  Prentiss, AB21 August 2016
A typical day of work involved a 12 hour shift. The day is ever changing and can include many fast paced work items to complete.
Warm inviting staff and great enviornment for learning
Corporate Fleet Administrator (Current Employee) –  Blackfalds, AB16 June 2015
Working with Quinn has been one of the best experiences in my life. Between the education and support I receive I highly recommend working with Quinn to achieve your career goals.
Pros
Great Benefits and Educational programs
Cons
Communication can lack at times
Life working for Quinn Contracting.
Technical Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Blackfalds, AB2 September 2015
Really focused on safety.
Coworkers are great to work with.
Benefits are good.

A typical day's duties vary on the service desk.
Excellant safety minded workplace and people
Tool Crib Attendant (Former Employee) –  Bonnyville, AB8 April 2016
As a tool crib attendant,I worked side by side with the oilfield workers supplying them with all tools and items they needed to get their job done. I have learned a lot about safety in the workplace, problem solving, and doing every thing in my power to make our customers happy.
Overall good work experience
Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB20 September 2012
Worked turnarounds with Quinn. Overall Quinn is a great company to work for. Has a decent benefits package through Merit.
Pros
usually a decent crew
Cons
sometimes bad choice for leads/supervision