QUINN CONTRACTING LTD. Employee Reviews in Canada

Good people work was smooth jobs done on time.
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Cold Lake, ABJuly 21, 2016
Drive to work in company van an hour drive get there at 7am safety meeting starts at 7:30 until 8. always work with same partner get informed of the job task we are being assigned to that day. fill out daily paper work (pre task assessment) get supplies for task drive to location get permitted from field operator. start job when done return to lead hand for new task. Great job always learning something new, good thing about working for Quinn always had work to do. Hardest part was the travel to and from work each day
Pros
Great people, steady work, fair pay.
Cons
travel to and from work each day. No other cons
Excellant safety minded workplace and people
Tool Crib Attendant (Former Employee) –  Bonnyville, ABApril 8, 2016
As a tool crib attendant,I worked side by side with the oilfield workers supplying them with all tools and items they needed to get their job done. I have learned a lot about safety in the workplace, problem solving, and doing every thing in my power to make our customers happy.
Awesome Job
Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 19, 2016
Days were busy. Learning new systems. Management and co-workers were excellent. A very enjoyable job and company to work for!
Pros
Excellent benefits and no micro-management.
Cons
None.
Just a job
Swamper (Former Employee) –  Cold Lake, ABSeptember 30, 2015
It was a decent job, lots of hard work wrenching on piping and rusty old valves. Learned a lot about safety culture and it was ingrained in me since day one. Typical day involved a toolbox meeting then the handing out of permits and job sheets, which were then reviewed and signed before we went to work. Work mostly consisted of repacking pump jack stuffing boxes and changing sheaves on the motors. Sometimes we also had to replace different parts of piping or small vent pumps in the buildings. I learned comprehensive lockout procedures and how to confirm and maintain a zero energy state in equipment I worked on. The best part of the job for me was the feeling of accomplishment I got when My partner and myself did a good job, quickly and safely.
Management took care of them selfs didn't care about employees
Foreman; Lead for Maintenance (Former Employee) –  CNRL primrose north BonnyvilleSeptember 24, 2015
Poor
management they looked after them self always the first to point fingers to someone else if something went wrong
the employees where good just tried to keep up the mar ell
wages not good i only lasted 3 months poor management
Pros
people that i work with
Cons
management
safety watch/labourer
safety watch (Former Employee) –  Joffre, ABJanuary 11, 2016
good plce to work positive atmosphere ilearn a lot about safety on construction site very friendly environment going back home each night safe
met some of the hardest fun working people through them
Pipe fitter, Equipment Operator, Crane Operator (Former Employee) –  AlbertaOctober 21, 2015
you are ether on a good hard working fun crew or you end up on a under the desk ball sucking lazy crew but all in all they keep a guy busy
Pros
constant work
Cons
drop in wages, cut rrsp, no perks like they used too
i was very happy working for quinn just wished that i could have stayed longer.
Millwright Commissioning/Start-Up (Former Employee) –  Fort Mackay, ABNovember 20, 2015
very professional company great interaction with the on-site supervision plus being paid ontime with no concerns a big plus.
great place to work !
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Red Deer County, ABSeptember 23, 2015
Completed a contract directly with Quinn head office in AB. excellent company. organized and efficient. Excellent human resources people. Only downfall was it was a short term contract. Great company to work for.
Pros
Coffee / tea at work / own office too
Cons
Contract work
Great coworkers
Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Fort Mackay, ABOctober 27, 2015
Good people to work with. Do your job properly and safely, and noone hassles you. Not sure why I have to keep typing here, I really don't have anything bad to say about here.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Warm inviting staff and great enviornment for learning
Corporate Fleet Administrator (Current Employee) –  Blackfalds, ABJune 16, 2015
Working with Quinn has been one of the best experiences in my life. Between the education and support I receive I highly recommend working with Quinn to achieve your career goals.
Pros
Great Benefits and Educational programs
Cons
Communication can lack at times
Not. Happy here
Labour (Former Employee) –  ConklinSeptember 20, 2015
This company is clicky and they promise you so long of a job just to get you there then they lay you off way before just is done
Pros
Inexperienced workers
Cons
Safety not good
good place to work for
supervisor (Former Employee) –  BlackfaldsSeptember 1, 2015
Quinn is a stable employer with benefits and good payment schedules and a good promotions program I had a good foreman as well as a good stable position
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Life working for Quinn Contracting.
Technical Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Blackfalds, ABSeptember 2, 2015
Really focused on safety.
Coworkers are great to work with.
Benefits are good.

A typical day's duties vary on the service desk.
Productive, well managed.
Site Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Surmont, Anzac, ABJuly 13, 2015
I would recommend this company to anyone, and work for Quinn again if the opportunity arises. Within Quinn, there are a lot of very skilled workers that are very easy to get along with.
Great people to work with and gained lots of experiance
Maintenance/ Reliability (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mtn. House, AlbertaMarch 19, 2015
Working in Maintenance , Operations , and operating mobile equipment there was a good variety to keep everything interesting and very busy. Long hours and lots of new people quitting and starting constantly.
Pros
lots of overtime and experience acquired
Cons
plant was a long distance from town.
Mediocre company
Laborer/ app. pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Cold Lake, ABJanuary 26, 2015
I was lied to about duration of project, laid off due to loss of contract with esso. No other work available within the company. Low wage. No overtime. They did pay for all my safety tickets.They did grant days off as needed. They're just ok, not a company to quit your current job for. I learned the hard way.
Cheers
Pros
safety courses, free lunches, laid back atomsphere
Cons
no overtime, low wage, disorganized enviroment
Overall Good Company to work for
Field Coordinator (Foreman) (Former Employee) –  Imperial Oil Cold Lake ABFebruary 7, 2015
This Company has treated me well and kept me fully employed for 9.5 years in the Cold Lake area. daily routine was busy but not overly stressful. Learned many communication skills and abilities that furthered the desire to learn.
Pros
hours and family life were genereally balanced well
Cons
management tended to be aloof to the problems of the workers
Experienced work force, excellent safety culture, good comaraderie
Safety Advisor (Former Employee) –  Cenovus-Foster Creek, Cold Lake Air Weapons RangeApril 23, 2015
Safety input at morning toolbox meeting, work direction given to crews, check email correspondence - safety alerts etc., onsite safety inspection of crews, risk assessments, monitor and give assistance to safety watch, update safety stats, report and investigate any incidents.
Safety is a continual learning experience. Each situation is a building block for the safety integrity of the company.
There is an excellent camaraderie in the work place with a good balance of journeymen, experienced mentors, and some newer inexperienced workers.
The hardest part of the job is to keep up with all the reports and administration while trying to maintain a 70% presence in the field.
Being in the field, interacting with,and monitoring the safety of, the work crews, is the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
good benefits and company provided leadership training courses
Cons
Too much administration and no safety administrator to assist
Career with Quinn Contracting as a Pipefitter / steamfitter, & planner
Planner/ Field Planner/Lead T/A Planner (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, ABNovember 29, 2014
Quinn Contracting, provided me with long lasting employment that I benefited from greatly. However, it was tough to be able to get any kind of professional development to better myself in a way that I could benefit the company.. trying to advance to a different position was difficult within this company unless you moved away...
the experience that I gained while working at the plant that I did had proven to be invaluable & had provided me with stable employment so that I could provide for my family.
Pros
salary was great, people & work enviroment were really good.
Cons
no professional developement to keep up with industry, no chance to move to a different position within the current plant