QUINN CONTRACTING LTD. Employee Reviews

Love it
Toolcrib Attendant (Former Employee) –  Joffre, AB7 April 2017
Would return to them if there was a position available.They take great care of their employees. I don't have a lot to really say. The company changes top end staff a lot.
had some ups and downs
Journeyman Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB22 March 2017
my experience with Quinn was rocky at best. i found their choice/of supervision and managment was based on being friends with someone and not having sufficient skills required to do the job. thus i found there was always the wrong person in place. good workers were left unnoticed because the poor supervision and managment did not want to feel as tho their job was threatened.
Looking for long lasting employment
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Essex, ON20 March 2017
My day started at 7a.m Monday to Friday ended vary from day to day..Dealt with different Contrators every day.Drove Dumb truck and front end loader. Worked with Veries land scaping, equitment
Pros
bought own lunches
Cons
Vareyed
great benefit paxkage
Maintenance Pipefitter (Current Employee) –  Cold Lake, AB3 March 2017
They are a good employer, they have a great benefits package, they also have a good safety standard and varied work locations. Quinn ook a big hit during the oil price collapse but they survived and recovering
Decent place to work
Office (Former Employee) –  Blackfalds, AB1 March 2017
Don't expect much from this employer. No additional perks to working here, long hours, lots of favoritism. Only perk is that there is limited travel.
i enjoyed working there
Journeyman Insulator (Former Employee) –  Joffre, AB10 February 2017
I enjoyed working for Quinn .the hardest part of the job for me was all the wasted time that was required I understand its just part of the job but its about the only thing there that I didn't enjoy
Pros
medical and dental
Cons
all the red tape
great company
Apprentice welder (Former Employee) –  Bonnyville, AB30 December 2016
i would reccomend this company to many people as long as your a hard worker try to get on with a good crew and good boses and you will be successfulkl lots of hours when economy is good
loa motel with breat staf
Scaffolder (Former Employee) –  Cold Lake, AB17 December 2016
great company, great co workers. hated to see the job end
as an apprentice i learned every day from the experience they hired . i was lucky to be chosen out of school to join their team, wish i could get back out there.
Great bosses
Payroll Administrator (Former Employee) –  Cold Lake, AB5 December 2016
Had the best management throughout the company. Loved my job and co workers. I gained a lot of experience in different areas such as QC and HR.
Pros
in town
Cons
company sold
Helpful and good overall place to work
, Process Lab Technician Oil Analyst (Former Employee) –  Blackfalds, AB7 November 2016
Enjoy working for Quinn . They kept me
working thru the downtime in the industry. Always eager to help. Very approachable when there is an issue to solve.
hard working company
Pipefitter apprentice (Former Employee) –  Alberta20 October 2016
working in a positive and safe environment with knowledgeable colleagues
workers are willing to help and mentor new workers
labourer
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Cold Lake, AB7 October 2016
paid loa for daily as well as travel supplied. daily tool box. very safety conscious. amazing company to work for. most enjoyable part was learnt how to properly weld.
Very Good.
Bolt-Up Technician (Former Employee) –  Prentiss, AB21 August 2016
A typical day of work involved a 12 hour shift. The day is ever changing and can include many fast paced work items to complete.
It was good experience and fun workplace
Sacaffolder & Hand painter (Current Employee) –  Toront or any were in Canada15 August 2016
It was very good experience day for me,

I learned a lot for experience on the platform out to drop tools and pipe many things.

The management are employee-friendly,

My co-workers are friendly and follow safety procedure at work site

It is when transfering pipe from one place to another

When you work for a company and go back home with injury free it makes family happy and receive your salary month end and enjoy with your family
Pros
prompt payment
Cons
delayed payment
Good people work was smooth jobs done on time.
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Cold Lake, AB21 July 2016
Drive to work in company van an hour drive get there at 7am safety meeting starts at 7:30 until 8. always work with same partner get informed of the job task we are being assigned to that day. fill out daily paper work (pre task assessment) get supplies for task drive to location get permitted from field operator. start job when done return to lead hand for new task. Great job always learning something new, good thing about working for Quinn always had work to do. Hardest part was the travel to and from work each day
Pros
Great people, steady work, fair pay.
Cons
travel to and from work each day. No other cons
Poor recruitment practices
Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB3 June 2016
Overall Quinn is a good company to work for if you have work. The problem with the company is a disconnect between the field and the hiring department. Human resources are completely out of touch with the demands of supervision (forman, leads, supervisors). For example, each time you work for Quinn and are laid off supervision will write a report on the worker. Often times a worker who has received a poor report and recommendation not to hire the recruitment department hires them again. Vice versa if a worker receives glowing reviews the hiring department doesn't recognize the review and you can be hard pressed to receive a job. In my case I was told and thanked by supervision for he quality of my work (this is a great culture, you actually do get recognized for good work). They expressed I'd be one of the first they'd call on the next project. However, these reviews are not looked at or taken into consideration when hiring applicants. They're new online recruitment process is also a failure. You can apply often but not hear anything until you actually call in or have supervision call in for you, than you may get a call.

This may seem like a review from an apathetic worker out of work, but it isn't. I am currently working but just disappointed the struggles of getting hired from Quinn shouldn't be there when there is work available and supervision approves. The recruiting department acts as though they don't know you and are out of touch with the work force.

I also notice Quinn will hire easterners and pay living allowance while ignoring locals. Often non ticketed Cape
  more... Bretoners will get jobs over locals and will remain on the job from beginning to end while quality local workers are laid off. This is partly how they lost the Dow Chemicals contract as I know for a fact Dow was unimpressed that Quinn brought back the same people that did poorly on a previous shut down.

All in all, if you have work it's good but that is more of a reflection of Nova Chemicals than Quinn. Quinn's hiring practices are terrible and need an overhaul. They need to keep their best guys working and they don't. They hire too many incompetent workers during shut downs who take advantage of the slow pace and slow it down even further. These same people come back every summer than collect living allowance in the winter. Quinn is notorious for this and have a reputation for this practice. They need to shed this reputation if they want to advance in the industry as currently they are struggling to earn new contracts.
Pros
Red Deer area clients are good to work for
Cons
Quinn hiring practices are the worst in the business.
Awesome Job
Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 April 2016
Days were busy. Learning new systems. Management and co-workers were excellent. A very enjoyable job and company to work for!
Pros
Excellent benefits and no micro-management.
Cons
None.
Excellant safety minded workplace and people
Tool Crib Attendant (Former Employee) –  Bonnyville, AB8 April 2016
As a tool crib attendant,I worked side by side with the oilfield workers supplying them with all tools and items they needed to get their job done. I have learned a lot about safety in the workplace, problem solving, and doing every thing in my power to make our customers happy.
safety watch/labourer
safety watch (Former Employee) –  Joffre, AB11 January 2016
good plce to work positive atmosphere ilearn a lot about safety on construction site very friendly environment going back home each night safe
i was very happy working for quinn just wished that i could have stayed longer.
Millwright Commissioning/Start-Up (Former Employee) –  Fort Mackay, AB20 November 2015
very professional company great interaction with the on-site supervision plus being paid ontime with no concerns a big plus.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at QUINN CONTRACTING LTD.. Our community is ready to answer.