QUINN CONTRACTING LTD.

QUINN CONTRACTING LTD. Employee Reviews

It was good experience and fun workplace
Sacaffolder & Hand painter (Current Employee) –  Toront or any were in Canada15 August 2016
It was very good experience day for me,

I learned a lot for experience on the platform out to drop tools and pipe many things.

The management are employee-friendly,

My co-workers are friendly and follow safety procedure at work site

It is when transfering pipe from one place to another

When you work for a company and go back home with injury free it makes family happy and receive your salary month end and enjoy with your family
Pros
prompt payment
Cons
delayed payment
Good people work was smooth jobs done on time.
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Cold Lake, AB21 July 2016
Drive to work in company van an hour drive get there at 7am safety meeting starts at 7:30 until 8. always work with same partner get informed of the job task we are being assigned to that day. fill out daily paper work (pre task assessment) get supplies for task drive to location get permitted from field operator. start job when done return to lead hand for new task. Great job always learning something new, good thing about working for Quinn always had work to do. Hardest part was the travel to and from work each day
Pros
Great people, steady work, fair pay.
Cons
travel to and from work each day. No other cons
Helpful and good overall place to work
, Process Lab Technician Oil Analyst (Former Employee) –  Blackfalds, AB7 November 2016
Enjoy working for Quinn . They kept me
working thru the downtime in the industry. Always eager to help. Very approachable when there is an issue to solve.
Great bosses
Payroll Administrator (Former Employee) –  Cold Lake, AB5 December 2016
Had the best management throughout the company. Loved my job and co workers. I gained a lot of experience in different areas such as QC and HR.
Pros
in town
Cons
company sold
labourer
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Cold Lake, AB7 October 2016
paid loa for daily as well as travel supplied. daily tool box. very safety conscious. amazing company to work for. most enjoyable part was learnt how to properly weld.
hard working company
Pipefitter apprentice (Former Employee) –  Alberta20 October 2016
working in a positive and safe environment with knowledgeable colleagues
workers are willing to help and mentor new workers
Excellant safety minded workplace and people
Tool Crib Attendant (Former Employee) –  Bonnyville, AB8 April 2016
As a tool crib attendant,I worked side by side with the oilfield workers supplying them with all tools and items they needed to get their job done. I have learned a lot about safety in the workplace, problem solving, and doing every thing in my power to make our customers happy.
Very Good.
Bolt-Up Technician (Former Employee) –  Prentiss, AB21 August 2016
A typical day of work involved a 12 hour shift. The day is ever changing and can include many fast paced work items to complete.
Awesome Job
Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 April 2016
Days were busy. Learning new systems. Management and co-workers were excellent. A very enjoyable job and company to work for!
Pros
Excellent benefits and no micro-management.
Cons
None.
Just a job
Swamper (Former Employee) –  Cold Lake, AB30 September 2015
It was a decent job, lots of hard work wrenching on piping and rusty old valves. Learned a lot about safety culture and it was ingrained in me since day one. Typical day involved a toolbox meeting then the handing out of permits and job sheets, which were then reviewed and signed before we went to work. Work mostly consisted of repacking pump jack stuffing boxes and changing sheaves on the motors. Sometimes we also had to replace different parts of piping or small vent pumps in the buildings. I learned comprehensive lockout procedures and how to confirm and maintain a zero energy state in equipment I worked on. The best part of the job for me was the feeling of accomplishment I got when My partner and myself did a good job, quickly and safely.
Management took care of them selfs didn't care about employees
Foreman; Lead for Maintenance (Former Employee) –  CNRL primrose north Bonnyville24 September 2015
Poor
management they looked after them self always the first to point fingers to someone else if something went wrong
the employees where good just tried to keep up the mar ell
wages not good i only lasted 3 months poor management
Pros
people that i work with
Cons
management
safety watch/labourer
safety watch (Former Employee) –  Joffre, AB11 January 2016
good plce to work positive atmosphere ilearn a lot about safety on construction site very friendly environment going back home each night safe
met some of the hardest fun working people through them
Pipe fitter, Equipment Operator, Crane Operator (Former Employee) –  Alberta21 October 2015
you are ether on a good hard working fun crew or you end up on a under the desk ball sucking lazy crew but all in all they keep a guy busy
Pros
constant work
Cons
drop in wages, cut rrsp, no perks like they used too
i was very happy working for quinn just wished that i could have stayed longer.
Millwright Commissioning/Start-Up (Former Employee) –  Fort Mackay, AB20 November 2015
very professional company great interaction with the on-site supervision plus being paid ontime with no concerns a big plus.
great place to work !
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Red Deer County, AB23 September 2015
Completed a contract directly with Quinn head office in AB. excellent company. organized and efficient. Excellent human resources people. Only downfall was it was a short term contract. Great company to work for.
Pros
Coffee / tea at work / own office too
Cons
Contract work
Great coworkers
Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Fort Mackay, AB27 October 2015
Good people to work with. Do your job properly and safely, and noone hassles you. Not sure why I have to keep typing here, I really don't have anything bad to say about here.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Warm inviting staff and great enviornment for learning
Corporate Fleet Administrator (Current Employee) –  Blackfalds, AB16 June 2015
Working with Quinn has been one of the best experiences in my life. Between the education and support I receive I highly recommend working with Quinn to achieve your career goals.
Pros
Great Benefits and Educational programs
Cons
Communication can lack at times
Mediocre company
Laborer/ app. pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Cold Lake, AB26 January 2015
I was lied to about duration of project, laid off due to loss of contract with esso. No other work available within the company. Low wage. No overtime. They did pay for all my safety tickets.They did grant days off as needed. They're just ok, not a company to quit your current job for. I learned the hard way.
Cheers
Pros
safety courses, free lunches, laid back atomsphere
Cons
no overtime, low wage, disorganized enviroment
Overall Good Company to work for
Field Coordinator (Foreman) (Former Employee) –  Imperial Oil Cold Lake AB7 February 2015
This Company has treated me well and kept me fully employed for 9.5 years in the Cold Lake area. daily routine was busy but not overly stressful. Learned many communication skills and abilities that furthered the desire to learn.
Pros
Hours and family life were genereally balanced well
Cons
Management tended to be aloof to the problems of the workers
Great people to work with and gained lots of experiance
Maintenance/ Reliability (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mtn. House, Alberta19 March 2015
Working in Maintenance , Operations , and operating mobile equipment there was a good variety to keep everything interesting and very busy. Long hours and lots of new people quitting and starting constantly.
Pros
Lots of overtime and experience acquired
Cons
Plant was a long distance from town.