Quinn Contracting Ltd. – Our Team Is Expanding!
Quinn is the plant and facilities maintenance, turnaround and capital projects contractor of choice for clients in the industrial sector looking for the most dedicated, client-orientated and safety-focused team in the industry.
People and Safety First
- Competitive compensation packages
- Industry leading, company paid RSP contributions
- Benefits packages
- Wellness programs
- A supportive environment
- Opportunities for growth
Job Posting #B13-032
Corporate Office – Training Centre
Location: Blackfalds, AB
Reporting to the Human Resources Generalist, the Trades Recruiter is responsible for selection and placement of qualified personnel to Quinn’s construction contracts. Working as a member of the recruitment team, this position supports various recruitment initiatives and strategies.
- Fulfill construction and turnaround manpower requisitions in a timely manner
- Work with site designates to assess current and prospective staffing requirements
- Review candidate inventories, screen incoming resumes, identify skill-sets, conduct reference checks
- Consistently communicate details of employment and ensure understanding of Quinn onboarding requirements
- Work closely with Staffing Assistants to efficiently schedule and facilitate employee orientations
- Establish rapport and maintain contact with both active and inactive employees
- Facilitate personnel transfers to and from location as required
- Assist in the development of recruitment campaigns and initiatives
- Attend and assist with career fairs within targeted areas
- Follow-up with applicants regarding outcomes of selection processes
- Promptly return phone calls and keep employees informed of immediate and upcoming opportunities
- Coach supervisors and employees with respect to correct staffing procedure
- Administrative tasks, including Human Resources Information System (HRIS) requirements
- 2 – 4 years of Recruitment experience, preferably in a similar industry
- Post-secondary training in Human Resources, Registered Professional Recruiter (RPR), Certified Human Resources Professional (CHRP) or working towards, an asset
- Demonstrated computer skills in a Windows environment, particularly Microsoft Office
- Previous knowledge of industrial contract work as it pertains to oilfield and petrochemical industries, an asset
- Knowledge of related trades, job descriptions and industry safety/training requirements
- Knowledge of Alberta Apprenticeship and Industry Training regulations
- Experience interpreting and facilitating HR procedure, Employment Standards and Human Rights code
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, able to maintain effective relations with clients at all levels
- Dedicated to continuous improvement with strong focus in effective client service delivery
- Capable of managing multiple deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Maintain the highest standards of confidentiality
CLOSING DATE: August 12, 2013
Please submit your resume along with covering letter to:
Quinn Construction Ltd.
Visit www.quinncontracting.ca/careers for more opportunities or call our Careers Hotline at 1.855.885.6233 for more information about our postings.
Quinn Construction Ltd. is a multi-disciplined construction company with a wide array of process experience that can be applied in the...