Quiksilver Employee Reviews

Very fun work environment, bad pay
PT Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK26 July 2016
I love working at Quiksilver, all of my coworkers are amazing people, however the pay is very bad. I am a full-time keyholder and i get paid $9.00 an hour with 2% commission. but if the commission does not reach our hourly pay up to $10.50, minimum wage, then we just get paid minimum wage. It is not something that someone can live on. I've learned a lot about how to deal with customers and how to react in stressful situations. A typical day at work would be helping people pick out clothes, putting them into change rooms folding t-shirt, changing the mannequins, ringing through sales on the cash register. The hardest part of the job would be that knowing we have to work so hard for so little at the end of the day.
Pros
fun, enjoyable
Cons
bad pay
Awesome place to work.
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  New Zealand, Queenstown.28 September 2016
Quiksilver Queenstown was a great job opportunity, it's an upbeat, high energy store, witch made it nearly impossible to have a bad day. Management were kind and alway helpful. Hoping to find work in a similar place in Whistler.
Fun place to work with great owners
Key Holder/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 November 2016
The owners of the store are amazing, great company to work for. With it being retail work it's hard to balance life and work, as well as the wage isn't super ideal. However otherwise I thought it was a great place to work.
Fun and exciting environment to work in
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 February 2016
I really enjoyed working at quiksilver, i met a lot of fantastic people/friends and had fun every shift i worked. my manager tanner tried to be both the boss but your friend and was very nice to his employers ! i had to try really hard to get sale because i didnt have as many hours as everyone and sometimes i still got the most sale in 2 weeks!
Pros
commission sales
Cons
not a big store so not a lot of crazy big sales
Sales Associate, Customer service
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 January 2014
- Greeting Customers
- Informing Customers about the products
- Helping customers find right fits
Pros
Salary
Cons
Only one Manager, no benefits
A fast placed environment with lots to learn.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Balzac, AB3 September 2013
Quiksilver was a good company to work for, they had a lot to do with the culture and background of the company which is very cool to me. It was a great environment to learn.
Pros
Great team to work with
Cons
Management issues