Quiksilver Employee Reviews in Canada

Very fun work environment, bad pay
PT Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Regina, SKJuly 26, 2016
I love working at Quiksilver, all of my coworkers are amazing people, however the pay is very bad. I am a full-time keyholder and i get paid $9.00 an hour with 2% commission. but if the commission does not reach our hourly pay up to $10.50, minimum wage, then we just get paid minimum wage. It is not something that someone can live on. I've learned a lot about how to deal with customers and how to react in stressful situations. A typical day at work would be helping people pick out clothes, putting them into change rooms folding t-shirt, changing the mannequins, ringing through sales on the cash register. The hardest part of the job would be that knowing we have to work so hard for so little at the end of the day.
Pros
fun, enjoyable
Cons
bad pay
Fun and exciting environment to work in
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABFebruary 4, 2016
I really enjoyed working at quiksilver, i met a lot of fantastic people/friends and had fun every shift i worked. my manager tanner tried to be both the boss but your friend and was very nice to his employers ! i had to try really hard to get sale because i didnt have as many hours as everyone and sometimes i still got the most sale in 2 weeks!
Pros
commission sales
Cons
not a big store so not a lot of crazy big sales
A fast placed environment with lots to learn.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Balzac, ABSeptember 3, 2013
Quiksilver was a good company to work for, they had a lot to do with the culture and background of the company which is very cool to me. It was a great environment to learn.
Pros
great team to work with
Cons
management issues