Quik X, a leading expedited in LTL Transportation Company is currently looking to fill the position of Highway Dispatcher with Trans-boarder experience.
- Coordinate work flow for Linehaul drivers and Owner Operators
- Ensure timely arrival and movement of freight
- Coordinate utilization of company tractors and trailers
- Entry of dispatched trips, load/pick up information, driver availability and manifest information into iSeries (AS400) system
- Participates in, and ensures compliance with, the Quik X Health and Safety Program
- Minimum two years of experience in the Transportation Industry
- Persons with Dispatch experience preferred
- Success would come from using the following skills and attributes:
o Ability to translate industry knowledge into cost effective shipping arrangements
o Ability to work effectively with both internal and external customers
o Ability to effectively prioritize situations to handle urgent issues first
- PC based spreadsheet and word processing experience
- Knowledge of North American geography
- Self-motivated, able to work independently and achieve outcomes in a fast paced environment
- Work effectively in, and contribute to, a team environment
As the ideal candidate you possess:
- At least two years dispatch experience in the transportation industry
- AS/400, iIBM series experience
- Flexibility to work extra hours when required
We proved competitive salary and benefits.
Quik X is an equal Opportunity Employer and we encourage and believe we will gain through the recruitment and development of staff that represent the broad diversity of the Canadian workforce.