Quickscribe is currently seeking a permanent part time law library production assistant to work within a small office environment. Start date will be the week of September 2nd, 2013.
Quickscribe Services Ltd is a locally based company that offers clients access to legislation services in both hard copy and online formats. We operate within a small, quiet and friendly working environment and offer our staff flexible schedules.
This position performs duties to ensure the smooth operation of the law library updating service. The successful candidate will work closely with the Production Manager and perform tasks involved in the monitoring, production and proofing of the online and hard copy legislation updates. A significant portion of the job will include consolidating legislation amendments into a custom database and formatting the pages using some hand-coded HTML.
Compensation: Job is currently set at 2-3 days per week (16-24 hrs), Monday to Friday with flexibility on the days worked. Starting wage is $19 per hour after a 1 month probationary term has expired. The probationary period will pay $17/hr. A dental/medical benefits package is also offered after completing the probationary period.
- Experience with basic HTML authoring by hand coding
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office applications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Excellent proofreading, spelling and formatting skills
- Accurate typing skills of 50 WPM
- Exceptional organizational/file management skills
- Senior level MS Word processing skills
- Familiarity with PDF creation and editing
- Critical eye for detail
- Ability to prioritize, attend to detail and multi-task efficiently
- Ability to perform under pressure by meeting deadlines
- At least 2 years experience in an office setting
- A post secondary degree/certificate in a related field
- Preference will be given to candidates who have advanced HTML authoring skills and/or other programming language background
- Previous experience working with legislation and knowledge of BC’s lawmaking process
- Experienced with computer maintenance and trouble shooting
- Experience building queries within MS Access
- Must be able to multi-task effectively
- Must possess excellent organizational skills
- Team player, works well with others in a small office environment
- Self-directed, but not afraid to ask questions
- Willing to focus on detailed tasks at the computer for long durations with limited personal interaction
Please forward resume and cover letter explaining why you are suited to this specific position
No phone calls please!
Those long-listed will be contacted to fill out a brief questionnaire prior to short-listing and interviews.
Quickscribe is a small law publishing company that provides both online and hard copy services designed to help clients more easily navigate...