Quest Food Exchange is seeking an experienced Grocery Market Manager to join our team. This is a full time position from Monday to Friday. Quest partners with local wholesalers, supermarkets, and farmers and these partners donate surplus food to Quest for use in our programs. At Quest, we use our own trucks to sort and distribute this food to those in need in the Lower mainland through various agencies as well as our four grocery markets.
The Grocery Market Manager is responsible for overseeing a staff/volunteer team in achieving the following: creating and maintaining the food displays; maintaining the shelf and display stock levels; maintaining current pricing and signage; preparation and cleanliness of the 2 Grocery Markets for daily operations and client shopping; customer service including assisting shoppers, suggesting products, tallying client totals and ensuring accurate financial transactions; writing daily & weekly reports on shoppers comments/feedback, activities, pricing changes, inventory fluctuations, challenges, suggestions, etc.; and developing and implementing special promotions.
- Training and supervising staff and volunteers
- Ensuring an effective and productive staff team
- Conducting quarterly staff performance evaluations
- Resolving conflict in timely manner
- Ensuring that Quest’s policies are met
- Sorting and refreshing the produce display daily
- Procuring new produce from the warehouse cooler for display
- Procuring new grocery product from inventoried stock for display
- Arranging, managing and maintaining the shelf displays
- Creating new presentations and promotional displays
- Maintaining current pricing and signage
- Ensuring effective lines of communication with Distribution Center, CSR and administrative staff
- Completion of secondary school education
- Good numeracy skills
- Previous retail management experience, preferably in a Grocery Department
- Outstanding leadership, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to build customer loyalty
- Thorough understanding of health and safety legislation, policies and practices
- Good computer skills (Microsoft office Suite)
We wish to thank everyone for their interest in the position but only those selected will be contacted.