Quest Diagnostics

Quest Diagnostics Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
warehouse
open (Current Employee), UTMarch 31, 2015
i worked five days a week on the line 12 hours shifts everyday i worked on the machinces i love that kind of work so if i work for any one esle ill put my heart and soulin to it
Great company!
Specimen Processor/Referral Rep. II (Current Employee), HoustonMarch 31, 2015
I learned more about the lab in depth. I met great people. I enjoy my time working here. The training process was long but very helpful throughout my different positions within the lab.
GOOD WORKING PLACE
Clinical SAS Programmer (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAMarch 31, 2015
Quest Diagnostics is driven to discover and deliver diagnostic insights and innovations that help to improve human health. We offer a wide range of products and services that benefit patients, healthcare providers, and pharmaceutical medical device companies, life insurance companies and employers.
Sucks but not the worst
Forensic Scientist I (Current Employee), Norristown, paMarch 29, 2015
Pros: starting with 3 weeks vacations, 4 after first year
Cons: hard to get weekends off, have to work hours you don't like
Little room for advancement, hard-workers are overlooked. Communication is terrible and we have few meetings and when we do they do not listen to employees when they try to address problems. Health benefits have consistently gotten worse from year to year. Pay is not great and annual increases are pathetic even for those with seniority.
workplace
Aerotek-temp (Former Employee), valencia caMarch 27, 2015
Pros: good pay;;always offering OT
Cons: grave yard hours hard
was a good place to work job was very easy great hours with lots of over time to offer good pay with good benefits typical day was simple and didnt have to deal with anyone else but co-workers no customer service
Falling into the RIF trap
Connectivity Help Desk (Current Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Pays well, decent benefits
Cons: Management tends to play favorites
Quest has gone through many changes recently. Many mirror what I observed with other companies, too focused on headcount and not on the true bottom line. The pressure to provide Wall Street with quarterly returns has led to the multiple reduction in workforce/ layoffs. These will in the end affect quality. It a shame that such a great company is going down this road.
Enjoyable
Specimen Processor (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAMarch 26, 2015
Worked in the Specimen Processing division, working with blood and bodily fluids. Preparing them to be tested and getting them to the proper departments
Work close to home
Phlebotomist (Current Employee), Columbus, OHMarch 25, 2015
Comparable wages. Enjoy my work and my patients. The most enjoyable part of my job is the interaction with my patients. A typical day consists of entering patients into the data system, drawing the specimens required, spinning down the blood, and packaging samples.
Just an overall awesome place to work.
Phlebotomist (Current Employee), Houston, TXMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Everything at Quest Diagnostics is Great!
Cons: No overtime! But, it's okay.
I have never been happier with an employer. I am great to my company, my company is great to me. Quest has great benefits, my superiors are always readily available. With 42,000 employees something is working in a positive manner. We are One of the best lab/research companies in the world.
JOB
tele underwriter (Former Employee), Lee's Summit, MOMarch 25, 2015
Pros: LOCATION
Cons: EVERYTHING ELSE
TOTALY UNDERSTAND WHY THIS COMPANY IS ALWAYS HIRING THE TRAINING IS NOT UP TO PART AT ALL. TO MUCH DOWN TIME LEAVE THE CLASS NOT KNOWING WHAT YOU ARE DOING, A WASTE OF TIME.
It was a stepping stone
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), houston txMarch 25, 2015
I would never work for Quest Diagnostics again. No team work or organization, long hours and very low pay. Poor management.
They did a lot for their employees.
Logistics / Referral Testing Rep. II (Former Employee), Cypress, CAMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Lab week. We would get breakfast one day, lunch another, a health fair, book fair, and a gift.
Cons: Sometimes it would be busy and sometimes it would be slow.
My desk was right next to my supervisors, I was her right hand. She was the supervisor of two departments so she trained me to run Logistics/Referral Testing department while she oversaw Processing. I liked working with her we got along great. The hardest part was rewriting procedures.
wonderful work enviroment
Phlebotomist (Current Employee), North CarolinaMarch 23, 2015
Pros: free lunches, great hours
Cons: short break
I love being in an office setting, able to get to know my patients, and environment. I was able to learn how to depend on myself, as I am the only phlebotomist in the office.
No Training
Client Services Representative I (Current Employee), Lenexa, KSMarch 22, 2015
Cons: very restrictive enviornment with poor training
This company stresses the customer "gold standards" for support but they do not provide adequate training to sufficiently support client or patient needs. This is a "learn as you go" job. All the company cares about is how many calls you answer and it truly does not care about employees, clients or customers.
Productive environment
Phlebotomist (Current Employee), Plainview, NYMarch 21, 2015
Pros: friendly environment
There is always a constant flow of patients, whom are taken care of promptly and with care. I've learned how to adapt to the changes with no problems. Management is helpful when needed. My co-workers and I work very well together and help each other out whenever needed. The hardest part about my job is when kids come in and they are crying, I try my best to explain the situation to them so that they know it's not as bad as it seems. The majority of the time it helps and they actually thank me in the end which makes my day. The most enjoyable part of my job is putting my patients at ease with the blood drawing procedure.
an innovative enviorment new skills performed everyday
Client Services Care Specialist II (Current Employee), Lenexa,KansasMarch 20, 2015
Cons: for all of the responsibilities that i am required to do, the pay is not enough
Over all I enjoy my experience. I take great pride in my career,
I love everything about the medical field and Quest diagnostics has taught me more about the other side of things. My co-workers look to me for advise and also look to me because of my leadership skills and my willingness to help.
Nice fast paced
Lab Technician III (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXMarch 20, 2015
Work all started busy, there's was always something to learn being each patient had a different order sometimes from totally different physicians.
productive and flexible
o Forensic Scientist (Current Employee), Norristown, PAMarch 18, 2015
Pros: hour lunches
Cons: work weekends
learn a lot although it takes a long time to be trained. management is not very involved in everyday labwork. Some employees believe they are better then others
Productive great place to work
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Columbus, GAMarch 16, 2015
A good day and I learned to work good will my co-work. Making the patient happy. It enjoyable to see how the patient are happy.
Not the best place in the world not the worse
Enterprise Architecture Intern (Former Employee), Lyndhurst, NJMarch 16, 2015
Pros: lots of parking
Cons: healthcare hours, not a lot of perks
I had a decent internship here, but it was nothing special. The team that I worked with was pretty good, but the morale of people on other teams was very low.

1 2 3 4 5

About Quest Diagnostics

Quest Diagnostics is testing its ability to be the world's leading clinical lab. The company performs diagnostics on some 146 – Read more

Quest Diagnostics Photos