1,157 reviews

Quest Diagnostics Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
A challenging enjoyable job
Lab Assistant (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 27, 2015
This is a good starting job for anyone that wants to work in a lab. You learn the basic training for lab work and your co-workers are very personable. It is a great job.
IOP Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Matawan, NJFebruary 26, 2015
A great company to work for overall. Definitely a company I would work with again if the opportunity was available. They were unable to accommodate my class schedule so when I left the company they offered me the ability to keep my benefits, 401k as well as collect unemployment.
Good work environment
Phlebotomist / Center Coordinator (Former Employee), Glendora, CAFebruary 25, 2015
Every one there is a pleasure to work with including the staff and residents. The work environment is clean and comfortable.
Used to be fun and rewarding
Group Lead (Former Employee), West Hills, CAFebruary 24, 2015
Used to have fun doing my job, had the right authority to the job properly without going back to the manager for more help.
Poor Raises
Lead Data Entry Specialist/Transcription Assistant (Former Employee), Port Chester, NYFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: poor managerial skills
Managerial skills are lacking from all leadership personnel, no room for career advancement and poor staff appreciation. Staff is overworked with small raise incentives.
Good Place to Start
Medical Technologist II (Former Employee), Chantilly, VAFebruary 23, 2015
Low Pay, and almost no room for advancement. Too political. You must wait in-line for about 5 to 10 people to get a promotion. Even if you are more qualified than the rest.

Hard working people here, but most are good are doing repetitive tasks and when challenged to think critically they often fail. Leads to disastrous results.

Benefits are so good though. It is the only saving grace for Quest Chantilly.
Quest Diagnostics
Business Partner/Generalist, Human Resources (Former Employee), Denver, COFebruary 23, 2015
Quest Diagnostics Incorporated is a corporation that provides clinical laboratory services. In addition to the United States, Quest Diagnostics also runs operations in United Kingdom, Mexico, Brazil, Puerto Rico and a laboratory in India and also has collaborative agreements internationally with various hospitals and clinics. It is a member of the Fortune 500 and the S&P 500, with corporate headquarters located in Madison, New Jersey. The company has approximately 43,000 employees, and generates more than $7.5 billion in revenue and offers access to diagnostic testing services for cancer, cardiovascular disease, infectious disease and neurological disorders.
Temp
Receptionist (Former Employee), Lancaster, CAFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: busy, and a great place for experience
Cons: communication
I was here as a temp. Pretty much a good office setting. My only complaint is communication, if you feel someone isn't doing their job well enough then to let them know and offer some tips.
Driver/Laborer
Driver/Laborer (Former Employee), Teterboro, NJFebruary 23, 2015
Most of the time you are driving as that is what the position required. Communicated with dispatch as to make sure pick ups were made on a timely basis.
stressful
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), IllinoisFebruary 21, 2015
Pros: 401k match
Cons: stressful, overworked, under paid, poor management, unrealistic expectations, no breaks unless patient flow allows, under staffed, uncaring, unfair, greedy corporation
Unprofessional,unskilled management,supervisor and group leader. They should not be in the positions they are in. Job is definitely overwhelming and very stressful. Everything is being put on the phlebotomist, it's not just about drawing blood and making the patient happy anymore. It's about seeing how much the phlebotomist can handle before they just can't do it anymore. Overworked both physically and more so mentally,and under paid. Not worth it! Worked for Quest for over 10 years and found out a co-worker just starting was making just a few pennies less(same job title)!!! They definitely only care about one thing and one thing only. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Productive and Educational
Billing/Collections Representative I (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: customer relations
Cons: collections
coming into the office getting right to work calling customers helping to resolve issues and upgrade accounts and products . management not always around for help supportive when around. Hardest part of the job not satisfied customers . enjoyable part of the job co-workers.
Productive and Fun Place to Work
Laboratory Associate (Current Employee), Valencia, CAFebruary 19, 2015
I have learned many laboratory skills while also learning management and quality control skills. In addition, the group of individuals in the company are amazing and very helpful
Working for Quest Diagnostics is a very educational and enriching experience
Operation field representative (Former Employee), Rockville, MDFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: excellent benefits, the learning experience and skills you gain working there.
Cons: i can't say anything negative, this kind of business requires a lot of work hours, responsibility, organization, 100% detail oriented skills.
Quest Diagnostics requires a 100% + of your work and personal commitment. You deal with people's lives everyday. Performing a lab test order can be simple or hypersensitive task. There are many special orders that requires a lot of investigation and online research. There is no change for mistakes. You have to work extensive hours always having in mind that every patient is unique and important, that needs quickly and especial attention. You work schedule requires extra hours if is need it. This company is a huge company that requires and excellent management to keep growing. Due to the detail oriented work requirement and the responsibilities of each individual, the co-workers relationship depends of the team work and the work environment of each Quest Diagnostics facilities. Quest Diagnostics have a excellent job benefits. Working for Quest Diagnostics is an challenger that requires dedication, availability, responsibility, commitment, disposition and strong customer services skills. I love the way I get educated through my job experiences and how I learned and acquired new skills while I was working for them.
Nothing Bad To Say
Specimen Technician III (Current Employee), Lenexa, KSFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: free lunches, annual goalsharing, competitive pay
Cons: long hours, difficult to get time off
A typical day was often long hours and a repetitive job but it was not very hard or stressful. They sometimes worked you hard but they always took care of you with lunch and other things to show that they cared.
Phlebotomist.
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Willingboro, NJFebruary 18, 2015
I know I enjoyed my job and the people I worked with. Management had alot to be desired. However this was a temp position. and I don't recall any more specifics.
Expect to have no life
Client Service Representative (Former Employee), Tampa, FLFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: learn alot
Cons: no work/life balance, management
Work is not spread out evenly in a productive manner, no work/life balance at all. Management is not the best. However, I did learn alot working for this company.
High turnover and poor management with no way for advancement
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Lenexa, KSFebruary 15, 2015
Pros: decent hourly pay
Cons: poor management
Average day is answering or calling out at least 100 phones calls, management does not have a clue and therefore unable to assist your. Must be apart of a click and hope your co-workers are willing to help if you need assistance with a complex matter. The hardest part of the job is sitting for six and a half hours and the most enjoyable part of the job is going on break.
Excellent Company to Work For
Physician Account Executive (Current Employee), San Jose, CAFebruary 15, 2015
Pros: the people
Cons: admin work
I work on my own daily but the people I do work with are amazing. Management really wants to see you grow and they are very supportive of my future growth.
new grads always welcome
Medical Technologist II (Former Employee), Las VegasFebruary 14, 2015
I was welcomed to the Quest Dx family as a new CLS/Med Tech grad. training was sufficient, although it could have been more rigid and organized. great benefits, shift differentials.
loved working here!
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Bremerton, WAFebruary 14, 2015
Pros: great atmosphere
I loved working at Quest DIagnostics, This company cares about the employees, patients, and opportunities for all. I love how this company is continually growing everyday to help the general public.

1 2 3 4 5

About Quest Diagnostics

Quest Diagnostics is testing its ability to be the world's leading clinical lab. The company performs diagnostics on some 146 – Read more

Quest Diagnostics Photos