Quest Diagnostics

Quest Diagnostics Employee Reviews

Showing all 2,169 reviews
Love the company, management and excellent overall workplace morale!
Laboratory Assistant I, PSR I (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VA, Manassas, VA9 January 2017
I have worked for Quest Diagnostics, Inc. two different times and places and have loved my employment there! They are a fantastic company that has their employees' best interest in mind and still aspire to achieve top notch customer service whether it's behind the scenes in the laboratory handling/testing patient specimens or the front lines of phlebotomist interacting with the patients. Can't say enough great things about this company.
Pros
Excellent pay, high quality benefits, etc.
overworked and underappreciated
Patient Service Representative/phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  New York, NY20 December 2016
Quest is a terrible company to work for, they expect you to do all the work, registration, blood draw and processing. Then they tell you that you made a mistake. They don't give enough hours, sometimes I only worked three hours for the day. They make you travel to different locations. Management bases your performance on how much co pays you collect.one co worker told me the wrong code for a test on purpose. Would not recommend this company unless you are desperate for a job.
Pros
learn about insurance
Cons
no breaks, no hours, rude patients and coworkers
A great COMPANY to work for.
Phlebotomy II - Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FL23 December 2016
A typical day at work consisted in arriving at 8am, doing phlebotomy procedures on adults and children. The children, I believe was the hardest part of my job. I did drug screenings through out the day. We did procurement at our establishment. Also billed insurance companies. Being a lead phlebotomist, I ordered supplies once a week. I also may of had to travel to other facilities to fill in for another worker or help out. The management was great and very helpful. I would have to say the most enjoyable part of my job were my co-workers. Working for Quest Diagnostics did not seem like a job. Everyday at work was a pleasant experience.
Pros
Learning, Seminars
Cons
Traveling to Tampa for the seminars
Working for Quest
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Washington, DC4 January 2017
Overall my experience with Quest a Diagnostics have been bitter sweet. I Love what I do and I love the relationships that have grown with my patients. My issue is Managment. They do not practice the core Values quest Diagnostics require! You tuck your tail and do what your told with no back talk. They alter hours in turn affects your pay! This is Not true for all management! Most definitely true for those I've deal with over the past year and a half.
Career Advancement
Biomedical Equipment Technician (Former Employee) –  Irving, TX11 December 2016
Never had the opportunity to work on different kind of equipment. So many promises made about training but non fulfilled. I felt disappointed with management because they never seem to be encouraging. It is the dream of every technician to face new challenges everyday for it helps them to grow, but I was not given that opportunity, company had very few equipment and contracted them with a vendor and so I was not allowed to spend more than 20 minutes working on something. Co-workers were great and very supportive. Hardest part of the job was just sitting around doing nothing for several hours. Most enjoyable part of the job was when doing some repairs and had to do research.
love the company and learned a lot
Medical Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  200 forest st Marlborough,ma 0175216 December 2016
same job as Metamark /

worked 26 yrs with this strong company , nice managers as well as my co employees.

Learned a lot on how to bill different carriers (3rd Party insurance ) as well as talking to clients and patients .

People working on this company co-employee or managers are so nice just like a 2nd family to me .

they just moved to a place which is 100 miles from my house .
Pros
lunch meetings with everybody's goodies
Client Services Representative
Client Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KS4 January 2017
Quest Diagnostics has a great training program, I felt comfortable on the call center floor immediately. I provided lab results to medical offices and physicians.

Unfortunately we were not allowed to give patients their results unless we had a signed document on file from their doctor saying it was ok to release the information to patient,
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Lots to learn
Plenty of experience to gain.
Lab Associate I-Special Hematology (Current Employee) –  West Hills, CA16 November 2016
A high volume laboratory that constantly keeps you on your toes.
You learn how to manage your time in order to do your job productively and efficiently. Management expects you to be able to do your job without too much supervision. Co-workers are great and quite easy to get along with and are almost always there to give you a helping hand. Hardest part of the job is being able to manage the different hours they may give you if they are short handed. The best part of the job is that your constantly learning new tasks so that no day is ever routine.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Time strains on work productivity
this was a temp to hire position a very good job that i wanted to stay with
Phlebotomy Technician (Former Employee) –  Orange Park, FL28 November 2016
fun and excitied to be there the management was awesome and my co-workers we was a team the hardest part of the job was leaving when i was offered a position the salary was lower if got hired on i couldnt except but this was a great job orange park florida
Pros
team work i learned how to do drug screen i learned how to process the blood
Cons
the pay was the only problem
High quality product - high productivity workplace environment
Employee (Former Employee) –  Tucker, GA15 November 2016
Quest drives for process improvement throughout the corporation reflecting in new and innovative ways to perform.

Good stable company. Competent management in place. Run like a major corporation which leads to National deliverable focus vs. local deliverables which may be more applicable to your region.
Pros
Stable. Competent management. Great benefits.
Cons
High volume workflow. Each employee works very hard for their 8 hour day.
data entry/specimen processing
Specimem Technician II (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, CT14 November 2016
Daily entering patient info, with any corrections necessary. occasionally answering telephones. Was trained in processing specimens, to help with overflow or short staffing. Management was
always willing to help, Learned about HIPPA, and also learned that I
enjoyed processing specimens. Also working together with other employees always proved to be great. On a monthly basis provided
management with data entry reports.
Pros
very good learning experience with specimens
Cons
short lunches, healthcare
Quest Diagnostics is a wonderful place to work. The diversity, the opportunities, and the service level for providers and clients is exceptional.
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CA14 November 2016
Conference calls, follow-up emails, reporting, calendar management, I learned to be self sufficient and work with little or no supervision. I worked the best co-workers I could ever ask for. Team reliability is amazing. Overall peer support is exceptional. The hardest part of my job was to figure out who did what after employee/corporate changes happened. The most enjoyable part of my job was working with true professionals that were always willing to help and provide assistance as needed.
Productive and great job security
Specimen Techician I (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VA2 January 2017
Great environment to work in. Make the required 40 hrs/week. Some overtime is needed. Night shift is great, however, very hard to do with schooling during the day. The hardest part of the job is being able to get the amount of sleep you need before coming to work. The job itself is very repetitive and easy to be done. Just follow the rules and guidelines and you are set for success.
The company it self is a great place to work
Customer Service Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lees Summit, MO11 December 2016
fun day at work, learn how done several different things at once. Management in my department a little different from other departments,never new what to expect from one day to the next. A great group of people very helpful. Short amount of training time. I looked forward to going to work.
Pros
Many different training classes always available.
Cons
Short breaks
Intense high volume call center, very little down time, good staff, secure building, understanding of comuter issues
Patient Customer Services Representative (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PA13 December 2016
60 - 100 phone calls were received and processed by each employee every day. there was only 30 minutes off the phone to work on issues that needed further investigation that could not be done while on a call. Could be very stressful.
Pros
Good health benefits
Cons
Not the best pay
Job pros and cons
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX20 December 2016
Hardest part of the job is not having proper training on infant heel sticks. There was a lot of times we didn't have supplies to work with. Management was starting mess between the workers.

The most rewarding was patients smiling and thanking us as a team for doing our jobs well.
Pros
Helping one another when help was needed
Cons
management would often ask questions after we clocked out for lunch
It was a nice place to work
Field Operation Clerk/Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Allentown/Bethlehem/Easton, PA13 December 2016
One of my very first jobs. I was with the company for 19 years. I have great benefits, pay, and some flexibility in schedule. The downfall of this company is they grandfathered who they wanted into certain positions others they did not. How they pick and chose was not fair.
Pros
Pay, vacation, a bit of flexibality with schedule
Cons
Short breaks. Some times working alone.
Attractive Compensation and Benefits
Molecular Diagnostics Medical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KS31 December 2016
Competitive pay rate. Nice benefits package. Comprehensive training. Always something to do–time passes quickly. Nice to be helping patients and clinicians by providing results to ordered tests. I liked being able to listen to my music while I worked.
Pros
Gym, cafeteria, lab week
Cons
A little bit cliquey (hard to make new friends)
Wonderful place to work with one glaring flaw.
Route Service Representative II (Current Employee) –  Joplin, MO3 November 2016
The largest advantage at working for Quest is their fantastic amount of time they give employees off. Most jobs are very interesting and stimulating. Management was very good for the most part and I had zero problems with any managers.

The biggest complaint is the lack of avenues for advancement or encouraging employees to rise to upper positions as needed.
I Love my Employer
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  I Float all over4 November 2016
I Love what I do. Working with the public and Experiencing different personalities is an Experience in itself. I float to different Texas Children Pediatric Facilities to Draw Blood for Various Doctors within the facility. As well there is room for Advancement within the company and my Coworkers are great to work with such a Pleasure. Thank you Quest Diagnostics for Six Beautiful years and Counting