Quest Diagnostics

1.5K reviews

Quest Diagnostics Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
A good company to work for
Courier Connection (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 25, 2015
Pros: I was a contractor with them and I must say I was always treated kindly by everyone in the facility
Cons: The pay for a contractor couldve been better
I did contract work for Quest for two years and I really loved the environment. From the security to managers everyone is friendly. The workload isn't too hard.
place you can grown as an employee
Mobile Phlebotomist (Current Employee), Cambridge, MAAugust 25, 2015
A dynamic supportive place to work and opportunity provide care to individuals with health care need. The management is very supportive of staff.
productive and fun place to work
Customer Service Representitive (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDAugust 24, 2015
Pros: great time off policy
Cons: very demanding
excellent training program. Great work environment. Plenty of room for advancement. Management seems to want you to succeed by working with you and supplying the appropriate training.
Overall not bad, depends on the department and it's people.
Lab Administrator / purchasing coordinator (Former Employee), San Juan Capistrano, CAAugust 24, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: Lack of communication
 Ordered, tracked and maintained stock of all materials needed throughout the lab
 Maintained communications between Purchasing dept. and lab personnel
 Performed daily, monthly and quarterly inventories
 Kept, and maintained all the labs order/delivery files up to legal standards
 Medical Transcriptionist
 Managed random projects from lab supervisors, Lab manager, Purchasing determent, and corporate controllers
na
Phlebotomy Internship (Former Employee), Boston, MAAugust 22, 2015
I enjoy working at Bay cove Day Rehab. Working there has allowed me to gain confidence and experiance. Bay Cove is all about team work, We've all learned to work together to meet the clients requirements. I wouldn't say my position for the job was hard however i've learned that hard work pays off. Seeing my clients, bosses, co-workers being happy with my work brings me joy.
productive
Registered Phlebotomist/Lab Technician (Former Employee), TUCKERAugust 20, 2015
Pros: Great place to work
Cons: n/a
Fun work place with supportive management. Not all about the numbers but how you personally grow and develop. Decent amount of red tape and politics, but this is expected of a big company.
Best company ever!!!
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), San Juan Capistrano, CAAugust 19, 2015
Pros: Best co-workers ever!!!
I totally loved working for Quest and wish I was still there. I had an opportunity to learn so many things I didn't know before. My co-workers were wonderful to work with. I enjoyed working on several committees and being part of wonderful charities throughout Orange County.
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee), Lapeer, MIAugust 19, 2015
Quest does care about their employees and has great benefits. I would have never left if I didn't pursue a different career.
good place to work for.
Warehouse Lead (Current Employee), Irving, TXAugust 19, 2015
good place to work as long as your doing what you suppose to, nobody bothers you. its a friendly enviroment all over the company.the hardest part of the job is when everthing comes in the same day at the same time. And some one is out on that day.the most enjoyable part will be when we get it all done.
Great job
Temp (Former Employee), East Brunswick, NJAugust 16, 2015
A lot of work needs to be done but accuracy is extremely important. Many opportunities available. Co-workers were nice and helpful.
very stressful, demanding, no compassion
Medical Billing / Dispatch Clerk (Current Employee), Port Chester, NYAugust 16, 2015
Work is there to do some of the people are really cool
I think Quest is a nice place to work. Its just that some of the locations maybe not and I believe its because of the Managers they take the office very personal as if it is their own and they do as they like. Manager watches you from home on camera etc
Management was unprofessional
Lab Assistant (Current Employee), Marlborough, MAAugust 16, 2015
Overall it would have been a great place to work if management was experienced and professional. I did not enjoy my time there because I felt there was to many issues going on in the company that need to be resolved.
The Worst
Med Tech (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOAugust 14, 2015
Pros: Cafeteteria and Gym (although you have to be a Quest Employee)
Cons: Poor management and training program for new hires.
My first day was a huge red flag when introduced to my team lead who upon working with further had no place being in a leadership role. She spent a lot of time bad mouthing other employees and i'm not sure if she knew people could hear what she was saying. Whenever I had a question she would become irritable like someone just overcooked her dinner. Asking employees about the department and about the equipment resulted in being scolded by the team lead and her saying i should ask her the questions. The hours are horrible and you won't have much of a social life or regular sleep schedule for that matter. I heard over many conversations how worried coworkers were about being fired for unknown reasons so as to shore up OT for Quest employees. A manager or leadership role will not tell you this you will receive a phone call. Don't apply here if you want to do anything w your life outside testing urine samples for steroids and heroine its really a waste of your time but hey they moneys good and if you want to do boring work with terrible people this is the place to work.
Productive and fun workplace
Sr. Business Analyst (Former Employee), Addison, Texas 75001August 14, 2015
Pros: free drinks
Cons: take vacation day and still have to work
Productive and fun workplace. Co-Workers were great to work with and team environment. Great location in Addison, TX.
I loved working for Ameripath, Inc. great place to work. Fun, Fun, Fun and Flexible work hours.
A fast paced medical setting that is proactive in aiding and enhancing patient care.
Medical Technologist (Current Employee), High Point, North CarolinaAugust 13, 2015
A typical day for Quest Diagnostics consist of meeting a list of short and long term goals.

A major skill I have acquired from working for this prestigious company is the value of teamwork. Our lab processes and test, on average, an amount of 20,000 specimens daily. Without the help of a great team, half of the lab's work would be unlikely to be completed by our specified deadline.

The management team is mediocre, but is underway of achieving many things in the year to come.

Being that this is my first true professional job in my career field, I was surprised to witness the level of professionalism from such a laid back group of individuals. They are a great team to work with

I would have to say the hardest part of my job would be Tuesday nights. This is the night that the lab receives the largest volume of samples for the week, making it a little more challenging to achieve the deadline for patient results to be released.

The most enjoyable part of my job is the ongoing learning process. I have been able to obtain so much knowledge and experience working with the company.
i hate it
rep (Current Employee), Tampa, FLAugust 12, 2015
Pros: initially we had a 30 min lunch mon-tues, and wed-fri 1 hour lunch and you got off 30 min early on fri
Cons: so much changes so quickly without proper notice
Too many chiefs not enough indians. No one takes ownership for the wrong doings you receive. You are penalized for 1 minute latenesses. I thought that because this was a small office that the call center feel would be less. WRONG! You're led to believe in training that you have made it to the promise land. Their turnover rate is the highest it has ever been.
Challenging and very rewarding
Phlebotomy Certification Externship (Former Employee), Parker, COAugust 12, 2015
Great place to work and grow as an individual. All of the staff is very hardworking and willing to help one another. Working with patients is the most rewarding part of the job
Fun employees with busy workload
Client Connectivity Coordinator (Former Employee), Valencia, CAAugust 12, 2015
Enjoyed working with the sales team and interacting with employees in the different departments. Very supportive management.
Quest Diagnostics
Route Service Representative (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXAugust 12, 2015
A good place to work at, decent pay and hardly a way to advance without relocating. Other than that management is good and so are the benefits.
A place to grow and learn.
Production/Imaging Supervisor (Former Employee), Lenexa, KsAugust 12, 2015
Pros: Consistently learned something new every day.
Cons: None come to mind
Make sure rotating schedules were made, work flow was running smooth, employees were accounted for. Search to ensure test kits arrived for internal clients or look up Identification slips for information regarding client. Daily or weekly maintenance on Label printers and Image trac machines. Would correspond daily with other supervisors on any special tasks and relay it to employees. Fill in on Production line or Imaging if needed. Run reports to keep track of work flow. Filled in for Training supervisor as needed, checking employees attendance/tardies, running reports and working on the Kronus attendance system
Employees