Quest Diagnostics Employee Reviews

Showing all 2,506 reviews
Production and management
Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KS23 June 2017
I really enjoy working for Quest Diagnostics. It is a relaxed but face paced atmosphere. Management is very approachable and I would recommend Quest Diagnostics as a great place to work.
Great Company
Phlebotomist Technician (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CA23 June 2017
Quest is a very busy work place.Very strict on company policies and to stay in compliance with company procedures.Great team work,great place to work.
Pros
Good Benifits
Cons
short breaks
Very great company in many ways.
Phlebotomy Technician (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NC23 June 2017
I learned a lot at this company. I received a lot of experience which assist in preforming my job even better. The supervisors, staff and clients were very friendly. The patients were very cooperative. The training that we received as well as the meeting I attended were very helpful. The salary and other perks really encouraged me to do my best and beyond. I took advantage of the opportunities that allowed me to move up in pay grades with the company.
Great benefits, lots of paperwork and double work
Medical Technologist I (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NM 8710222 June 2017
Quest is a large corporate reference laboratory and behaves as such. It's hard to make any changes to adjust to your environment. Benefits are great. Recognition points are given for reward gift cards, items or other things. Lots of paperwork and confusing procedures. Some people loved it, some people didn't like it, depends on the person. This taught me problem solving skills and problem prevention. Working here made me a well rounded lab tech.
Pros
Great benefits, yearly bonus and raises given on performance
Cons
very corporate, lots of paperwork and confusing procedures
Productive work place
Work Force Management Traffic Analyst (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FL22 June 2017
A typical work day includes, running many reports, maintaining a professional attitude, replying to emails and instant messages in a timely manner, reaching out to agents to assist with calls holding, redirecting calls to be answered, updating agents schedules, and conducting meetings about new products the agents will be using. Being able to maintain high volume work.
benefits
Cons
hours and pay
Quest in perspective
Floater (Current Employee) –  Towson, MD21 June 2017
Not much room for growth if your not of the popular vote. Lots of beneficial learnings and they pay for continuing education, benefits aren't the best .
Pros
pays for education
Cons
no room for growth
Great overall work experience.
Lab Technician Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL21 June 2017
I spent 10 years at Quest. I enjoyed working there and traveling to various locations to collect samples. I also processed specimen samples, collected pre-employment urinalysis and did data entry.
Pros
The company car was a plus.
Cons
At some times there was a lot of traveling involved. It was workable though.
productive and challenging
Quality Assurance Coordinator - Cytology (Former Employee) –  Syosset, NY20 June 2017
Working at Quest for the past 15 years has been a great experience. I was learning something new almost each day. Management was always on board with my questions and suggestions and okay with me taking the lead on something that they felt sure of. The hardest part is leaving Quest in general because I am not willing to relocate. The most enjoyable moments of working at quest are the friendships made.
ok
Billing Analyst - Group Lead and SME (Former Employee) –  Virginiatown, CA20 June 2017
Restructuring of various departments. Could use additional support staff. Recent managerial changes seem to be helping resolve some support staff.....
Very busy environment
Specimen Preparation Technician 2 (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MD20 June 2017
A lot of overtime was required, and offered if you wanted it. Benefits were pretty good. Employees were helpful and you could get time off when you wanted.
Pros
good money and plenty of overtime
Cons
company turnover so we were always short staffed
Potential
Phlebotomy Group Lead (Former Employee) –  Mobile, AL20 June 2017
This company offers excellent compensation. The pay is the highest in the local area. There is room for growth within the company and they offer tuition reimbursement for degrees associated with the company.
Bias
Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KS19 June 2017
Worked there for along time. I got hurt on the job had to have surgery they denied I got hurt on the job had to get attorney then they terminated me. Dont get hurt on the job there if you work your butt off for them go beyond expectations they dont care. You are only a number to them and they will not have your back. They can replace you with a temp who cant do what you have done nor will do the job you did. Alot of people get away with things there as long as you are one of the supervisors favorite.
Pros
I loved my co workers all of them, good pay
Cons
Play favorites, if you kiss the supervisors butts you got it maxe
High data input position
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CA19 June 2017
A typical day consisted of inputting patients test results into a computerized system. Organizing glass slides with blood smears once received by cytotechnologist.
A great experience working Saw a lot of different things
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FL18 June 2017
Love drawing blood urine specimen great experience meet new people Great experience drug tested makeing appointment for patient in children that job show me a lot of different things
Good start
Forensic Scientist (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KS18 June 2017
Good starting pay. Yearly bonus and raises about a whole paycheck of a bonus and 50 cent raises. Easy to advance if you give it everything when you are a temp and then everything else requires lots of remembering and always asking for overtime so the work becomes your life. Did not want this job to be my life. Very good pay though. Could not find better. I started at 11.80 an hour as processor and ended with 20.50 as a GC/MS operated (forensic scientist). If you work nights and odd shifts you miss out.
Cons
Overtime to the max.
productive and challenging work environment
Cytology Prep Group Lead (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FL16 June 2017
I worked the third shift for 16 years and this was perfect for me at that time. I learned a lot of new skills and had opportunity to become a lead in my department. The best part of the job was getting my team to work together to meet productivity standards.
Pros
team work
Cons
night shift
Great deal of responsibility very poor pay
Courier (Former Employee) –  Orlando fl16 June 2017
Generous employer for 401 and health ins- pay NOT commensurate with responsibility - gathering medical specimens - label - record - deliver - shopping -
Pros
Secure rmployer
Cons
Poor management
Unfair and lack professionalism
Phlebotomist-site lead (Current Employee) –  Pottstown, PA15 June 2017
Management is terrible. They show partiality. My supervisor is a mess. She talks about her employees to other staff. Creates a hostile work environment
Nice workout area for employees
Anatomic Pathology Manager (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OH15 June 2017
My days were always busy and challenging. Learned a lot about lean processes and more efficient processes. Management was always there to help and give advice.
The workplace culture was friendly and very casual.
Pros
Great work out center
Cons
No covered garage
the most enjoyable part of the job
Phlebotomy Services Rep II - Part-time (Current Employee) –  Clermont, FL15 June 2017
Learning about different cultures, happy and friendly patients, learning more about Florida since I originally come from Illinois after 30 something years.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Quest Diagnostics. Our community is ready to answer.