Quest Diagnostics

Quest Diagnostics Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great managment
Phlebotomy Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Orland, CAFebruary 12, 2016
It is a great company to work for. Loved my patients and love to perform phlebotomy duties in a friendly, perofesstional maner. Did all the phlebotomy duties, from taking their ins. to phleb procedures and processing specimens.
Money hungry people who only care about money. Dont care about emploees
Phlebotomist (Current Employee), Poinciana, FLFebruary 11, 2016
Pros: Patients
Cons: Everything
All theu care about are numbers Not patients. They ober work employees making a phlebotomist. Do paper work draw then process all in. 3 to 5 minutes. It like working in in a sweat shop. Worst company ever
done
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), North Haven, CTFebruary 11, 2016
Pros: Patient interaction, training
Cons: difficult venipunctures
My experience with Quest on a daily basis as a phlebotomist was enjoyable, very challenging, with over a hundred patients per day on some occasions that were scheduled for various tests. I was able to manage my time to provide the best service for each individual patient arriving at out facilities. Management provided the workers with all the proper supplies necessary for daily functions. Quest management provided all staff with updated training and classes for its large diverse staff. I had the pleasure of excellent trained co-workers who were just as focused as I on providing the best service possible for our patients. The challenge for me was to keep my training updated for all the new various tests in a ever changing work environment. Lastly, the most rewarding aspect of my position was assisting the so many different patients who crossed my path and that I was able to provide them the best service and representation for Quest Diagnostic.
lack of team work
Traveling Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCFebruary 10, 2016
On the clock by 4:00 am.
Collect all fasting and non fasting blood in a timely manner.
Be at the clinic by 7:00 am.
Spin and accession blood.
Pick up blood at another Office.
travel to where needed to draw blood that could not be obtain by another Phlebotomist.
Drop off at lab. Process specimens.
Go to lunch.
Go home
I was pretty mugh in charge of myself. Never hurd from supervisor unless needed to tell me about scheldule change. etc.
I got along great with co-workers. Never seen them much.
The hardest part of my job is when i would be use to patients and one of them would die. Getting to see the same patients by going to the same facility for over 8 years.
Productive, busy, challenging and exciting work environment
Senior Billing Representative (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVFebruary 9, 2016
Pros: Great Benefits
Cons: Billing Department Relocation
I'm so proud working for Quest Diagnostics, with over 13 years experience working daily in a friendly environment where the patient is at the center of everything. In the billing process, I gained friends talking directly to patients, insurance companies and healthcare providers. It was with deep sadness when all employees were terminated due to reduction enforced.
Facing great financial and management challenges
Biomedical Engineering Technician (Current Employee), Chantilly, VAFebruary 7, 2016
Pros: It's just a job
Cons: It's just a job
Although the business model for this company is sound, the operations and management have faced significant challenges over the past 10 years that have left the company struggling to keep up with the competition. The place operates like a factory, with three shifts. Weekend work is a must here. Pay is very low for the amount of effort and technical expertise expected of the employees. There is little to no advanced training to assist employees in any meaningful career path. The management has been in place for at least 30 years, and they seem to lack the leadership to move the company forward. Staff has been dramatically reduced by attrition with some departments functioning merely by the grace of God (some departments have lost over 50% of the workers, they left on their own). Health care coverage is the most dreadful that I have ever seen. If all of this doesn't tell you to stay away, then ask yourself what you missed.
Call Center Work
Risk Interviewer (Former Employee), Lees Summit, MOFebruary 5, 2016
Pros: Not too many pros
Cons: cons too many to mention here
Management was okay, but training lacked and they don't provide any kind of equipment for you. You have to be perfect in all ways, not just okay or good job but perfect. You are watched 100% of the time to see if you are working or on a call or fixing a call, but you are monitored constantly and called on it when you or they think you are not working. The job itself is boring
fun work place, work as a team, busy all of the time
Phlebotomist CPT 1 (Current Employee), Fullerton, CAFebruary 3, 2016
Very busy location and I love it. All my coworkers work hard, we help each other when we need to, everyday we learn something different, we give our best to all patients.
Quiet and Independent Environment
Medical Billing Associate (Former Employee), Teterboro, NJFebruary 2, 2016
Pros: safe and clean environment, promotes interdependence work area
Cons: short break and lunch hour, could be very stressful, high turnaround environment
Enter daily invoices into the medical billing system
File and research invoices problem
Very fast pace productive environment
Hardest part was maintaining daily productive activity with problems that took away time that was not calculated
I enjoy the working independently and quiet environment
coworkers where friendly and helpful
management was always available when needed
Great Company Been here 10 years
Supervisor (Former Employee), San Juan CapJanuary 30, 2016
If your looking for a challenging Job with great benefits. You have found it. Ive been with Quest for 10 years. Of course Quest has bad moments what job doesnt. Wouldnt leave this place.
Employee
Phlebotomist (Current Employee), Shelby, NCJanuary 30, 2016
I enjoy working for Quest. Their are so many advantages to gaining so much experience and you can move up the ladder. I work in a doctor's office and I enjoy coming to a job that appreciates you and treats you like family, even though you do not work for that office.
Great Hospital to work for
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Auburn Hills, MIJanuary 30, 2016
Pros: Constantly learning
Cons: work schedule
They are very up to date on all care and make sure their employees are also, by sending all employees to update training every year.
Very challenging job as most callers are extremely rude and disrespectful.
Customer Service Rep I&per diem Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Valencia, CAJanuary 30, 2016
Pros: Co workers were the best, always want to help or correct to help keep up customer satisfaction.
Cons: Lead abuses her privledges of screening your calls, especially if your on a break and on a personal call.
I found it hard to remain professional, positive, and upbeat when speaking to Medical Assistants who were not exactly knowledgable about what they actually wanted or were calling about. However, it helped me improve my customer satisfaction skills as this was a major goal of mine.
Resource Consultant (Recruitment) (Former Employee), Cape Town, Western CapeJanuary 28, 2016
Quest is a great company to work for which has a diverse cultures and different backgrounds.

This company has great work ethics as well as developing once skills and career growth
They don't really care much about their employess
Route Service Rep II (Current Employee), MOJanuary 27, 2016
Pros: largely unsupervised work
Cons: Management, recognition, compensation
In logistics with Quest the job is pretty easy and it pays better than average. There's a big downside though. They don't really care about their employees. They have people in place who's whole job is to find ways to cut peoples hours to increase profitability. Management is a mess as well. Not only do they not care if you work there or not, but everything feels like they are "winging it" instead of having an articulated plan in place. Their policies are put in place very reactionary. Their raises are pathetic also. You at least get one but don't expect any more than $.10 to $.20 an hour annually. Supposedly it's a better working environment if your higher up on the career chain but if not, they don't really care about you.
great company, flexible hours
Pathology Assistant (Current Employee), Chantilly, VAJanuary 26, 2016
Pros: flexible hours, good environment
Cons: no growth oppotunity
I am contract employee so am not sure about benefits but is great working place. I like flexible working hours, great co-workers and great working environment.
Was a good company to work for.
Administrator/Developer (Former Employee), West Norriton, PAJanuary 26, 2016
Was a good company to work for but the culture changed and the employee is no longer recognized or appreciated. Everything is about the bottom dollar and things are being let go where they can.
It's been interesting
Specimen Processor (Current Employee), Greensboro, NCJanuary 26, 2016
Pros: Good length for lunch
Cons: Bad work/life balance
I was hired in through a temp agency into specimen processing.

I've learned quite a bit here. (Most of it self-directed interests promoted by seeing types of testing that are common.)

It's the sort of place you can expect to leave each day feeling as though you haven't really been busy every second you've been there (it is production based) depending on how you approach the work.

So far, as for job functions: I've learned to split blood and urine to be sent to testing, receive specimens and verify that they meet the requirements (and match what was sent on the requisition and the requirements for the testing that was ordered).

I'd say the toughest part of the job tends to be in dealing with the supervisory staff. Most times, they aren't really matching their urgency with the current realities and most times, the communication isn't actually all that purposeful or worthwhile, which is frustrating.

The most enjoyable part of the work is knowing that I'm helping people who are sick.

Most of my co-workers are reasonably nice. There's not a whole lot of talking that goes on, being that it's a production based position and there's zero room for making mistakes.

Lunch is 45 minutes (up from 30) and there's only one 15 minute break aside from this.

There's been consistent mandatory overtime. My feelings about this are very mixed. The turnover is extremely high. Most times, it really just feels as though it would make much more sense to attempt to maintain a level of staffing that was capable of performing the work than to work everyone to the point of sickness – more... and inability to perform as required. It seems also to stem from issues with logistics, in that a large chunk of work comes in very late that makes it highly improbable that we can meet the goals and get out on time. On the other hand, the extra money is definitely useful. – less
A very stressful Job
Phlebotomist (Current Employee), Oxnard, CAJanuary 26, 2016
Everyday we saw about 150 to 160 patients a day and had all sorts from newborn to elderly. I learned that coworkers aren't your friends and you can't depend on anyone at work. Management was very disoriented and never had a straight answer for me.The hardest part of my job was dealing with difficult patients and bad attitudes. The most enjoyable part was drawing blood and getting to know my patients.
fun place
Insurance (Former Employee), Lenexa, KSJanuary 26, 2016
Pros: free movies
Cons: working every holiday
on a day to day thing we would help customers with there paperwork that they filled out and make sure all the signatures were signed and if they were not signed I would send it back to the customer
Headquarters