Quest Diagnostics

Quest Diagnostics Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Love that job
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Somerset, NJSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: everything
They treat people like they are worth something to them. The pay is the best .Good health insurance. Happy place to work. Best job I ever had.
N/A
Specimen Technician (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 17, 2014
Overnight and Ok job. Lots of overtime. Mostly sitting. The pay is pretty I guess.
It's a very fast paced place to work in.
Specimen Processing/ Tech III (Current Employee), Chantilly, VASeptember 17, 2014
It's a great place to work, I have learned how to manage multiple tasks with most accuracy. Management & co-workers are great, we always work as a team. At times it does get tough but with the help of our team members we make it easy.
One is always kept busy maintaining productive environment.
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee), Port Chester, NYSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: free breakfast on fridays
Cons: subject to calls in the middle of the night
A typical day at work would be to check my email for any communication from my manager, staff, and users. Following that the ticket queue will be checked for any open tickets.
I have learned how to prioritize my work, and schedule them accordingly throughout the day. I have also learned that one of the best ways to handle tickets is to communicate with – more... the users, providing them with an acknowledgement of their issue, and an estimated time for resolution.
As for management, I have a very good grasp on time and resource management.
My co-workers and I have developed a very good rapport, in that we communicate very frequently. New discoveries are shared among us and we ensure that everyone is kept abreast as to the what goes on more so in the IT department.
I would not consider any part of my job to be heard, more like challenging. Whenever such situation arises I research the issue and usually ascertain a solution to that situation.
The most enjoyable part of my job is to experience the expression of satisfaction someone displays after I have brought stability to their day. I do enjoy making people happy from professional standpoint. – less
great place to work
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Irving, TXSeptember 15, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: commute
I enjoyed being a part of such a integrated team. The training was up to date and all the emplyees stuck together to get a job done perfect.
Forensic Technician III
Forensic Technician III (Former Employee), PennsylvaniaSeptember 14, 2014
Pros: hours were convenient because i was full time in college
Cons: management, policies, work conditions
Worked in the confirmation department of the laboratory; collect positive specimens, both blood and urine, carefully hand aliquoting each specimen into test tubes for scientists. This position involves extensive knowledge of Quest’s database for retrieving positive specimens, lifting, pulling, and searching for the correct positive specimens in facility’s – more... massive storage room. Also responsible for the data entry portion of each specimen screened at laboratory. Over ten thousand specimens daily. Received 3 outstanding awards for dedication and performance. – less
Loved working as a temp for Quest diagnostics.
Phlebotomist I/Temp (Former Employee), Youngstown,OhioSeptember 14, 2014
I loved working with the patients, I would be so busy, time would fly by.
could be a better place to work if management would listen to employees
Phlebotomist (Current Employee), pennslyvaniaSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: decent pay
Cons: no breaks. no lunch, short staffed all the time
prepare to work at a company that is always short staffed, very busy, not able to take any breaks and very rare you get your lunch break. Manangement does absolutely nothing when you complain about current working conditions. Expected to show up everyday for work and give 100% and get no recognition for the hard work employees give. Its ashamed when – more... patients are constantly saying that management needs to hire more people. – less
Could be doing anything.
utility lab courier (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: hours variable as needed, days, pm, graves.
Utility knows all routes in case route couriers need time off. Could be covering a route, could be running STAT runs, could be moving equipment, could be delivering supplies. Good coworkers.
Nice place to work
Phlebotomist Patient Service Representative (Former Employee), Kirkland, WASeptember 9, 2014
Pros: great coworkers nice work enviromnet
Cons: very busy, not much work life balance especialy if you have kids
A typical day is very busy and you are usually running from the minute you start your day to the time you clock out. If you work here you will work hard but you are surrounded by great people who care about you and will be there to help and support every step of the way.
The hardest part of the job is handling customer complaints the best part is having – more... a great day when every patient leaves with a smile on their face. – less
externship
Externship (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVSeptember 9, 2014
This was for my externship I was there for 100 hours with 113 draws, enjoyed seeing patients.
Productive work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), MichiganSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: you get to choose the days you want to work
Cons: short breaks
During a typical day at work, I would have to travel to various different companies to perform biometric screenings to the employees. The most enjoyable part of my job was getting to meet new people as I went along.
Great work environment
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDSeptember 7, 2014
Working here taught me great work ethics, and how to handle a heavy work load.
Data entry was fun
Specimen Processor (Former Employee), West Hills, CASeptember 2, 2014
Pros: bonuses and paid time off
Cons: stool samples
Dealing with specimens. Learned to take the job seriously because you're dealing with patients results. Management team was great. Co workers were nice. The hardest part was to deal with stool samples.
Trying to beat quota was the most enjoyable part
Was like working in a factory
Medical Technologist (Former Employee), Cambridge, MASeptember 1, 2014
Management made it hard to enjoy working there. Professionalism was lacking.
Not what it once was
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee), Teterboro, NJAugust 31, 2014
The company has/in the process of restructuring. Some of the management "run" with the idea of work more with a whole lot less.
We are very short staffed, leaving one tech by themselves for a couple of hours at the end of the day, to close a Service Center (very unsafe). Management have absolutely no respect for work/life balance, no respect for privacy.They – more... promise something verbally, although what was discussed never really existed. Lies, manipulation, opportunistic, no mutual respect, etc. If you allow it, they will use you with no mutual reciprocation. Too much negative to list. Very stressful and employee moral extremely low. Love my co-workers, like 2nd family. It will be very hard to leave them.
Pay and benefits were great at one time, although,now no better than anywhere else. Now, attendance policy absolutely ridiculous and only benefits for full time employees.
For those new hires, it's "temp to permanent". Do not expect to be hired with in the first year and when you are, not full time.
I work extremely hard and I am there for our patients. I do everything I can so that they have an outstanding experience.
I love what I do, although when you are treated like dirt and you carry that with you everyday, it's time to jump ship and find something better. All the best to those that find employment here,
maybe the company's atmosphere will change. I truly do hope so. – less
Disrespectful of employees by upper management.
Cytology Supervisor (Former Employee), West HillsAugust 30, 2014
Pros: salary
Cons: treated unprofessionally
Staff and supervisors are worked beyond reasonable. No help from immediate manager when needed. No contact with upper management. Very unreasonable expectations by their corporate QA. Rude and unrealistic. Not focused on quality.
withdrawing blood from patients
Phlebotomist (Current Employee), Palos Heights, ILAugust 29, 2014
enjoyable environment with help available 24 hours a day. Learning experience.
productive fun people to work with
Completed internship (Former Employee), littleton coloradoAugust 28, 2014
Pros: learned many new skills
Cons: not a long enough internship
I was an intern at Quest for a short time, but learned many new skills: hard sticks, pediatric sticks, dialysis patients and learned I will create my own tricks to the trade. blood collection in patients vary from vein to vein. Some patients have fear and others don't
My Coworkers and Clients are the best
Hospital Account Services Representative (Current Employee), Philadelphia Metro areaAugust 27, 2014
What I enjoy most about my job is building relationships with my clients. A lot of paperwork in a typical day. The hardest part of my job is trying to create balance in my life.

1 2 3 4 5

About Quest Diagnostics

Quest Diagnostics is testing its ability to be the world's leading clinical lab. The company performs diagnostics on some 146 – Read more

Quest Diagnostics Photos