Quest Diagnostics Employee Reviews

Showing all 1,944 reviews
Great employee benefits, but definitely not the management
Billing Data Entry Operator II (Former Employee) –  West Hills, CAJuly 18, 2016
A good company to work for overall. Good, mostly helpful employees. Very demanding supervisors and managers, who did not quite understand the difficulty of our jobs, but would always expect miracles. Constant mandatory overtime, including intimidating employees to work overtime or face disciplinary action. Not understanding that us, employees, have a life other than Quest Diagnostics. Very little salary increase over the life of my employment, actually laughable.
Pros
Good company benefits
Cons
Terrible work/life balance, way too demanding
Productive work group
Histology Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Horsham, PA 19044June 10, 2016
Supervising a group that looks at each specimen and a patient and working hard to complete the days work. Learned to be a better supervisor, by sending me out to management training, and getting me certified as a green belt. Management always helped me improve myself and a leader. Great co-workers that help in any way possible.
Hardest part was having to leave. Enjoyed being a part of the CAP team and working directly with the pathologist.
Pros
Wonderful people
Cons
Company reduction in force
Unorganized and Cold
Customer Care Representative II/Group Lead SME (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 9, 2016
I have been with Quest Diagnostics for almost 4 years and it has been a downward spiral. Management and the company only care about numbers. Nothing is uniform. It is hard to get questions answered and the job is tedious, but somewhat easy. The pay is on the lower end of being decent and the insurance is HORRIBLE. Co workers are unprofessional but some are friendly. The only thing enjoyable about this job is hearing the satisfaction in a doctor or patient's voice.
Pros
You can get away with anything.
Cons
Everything. Management, break times, benefits, etc.
Quest Diagnostic Laboratory was a good place to work in that every day was an on going learning experience
Medical laboratoryTechnologist (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAJune 7, 2016
Basically at Quest Diagnostic Laboratory, I learned what items and instruments are necessary for a phlebotomy lab to run efficiently( eg,.. laboratory vacutainer tubes, holders,bandaids,Centrifuges ect...) Also learned how to calibrate instruments that are vital for the separation of blood.For example, for the separation of blood cells, centrifuges need to be calibrated regularly. It was also my responsibilty to keep these clients supplied with laboratory items and help order these supplies if needed. Hence my title was RSR as well as courier. RSR refers to Route Service Representative.
Horrible environment
Specimen Processor (Former Employee) –  Horsham, PAJune 8, 2016
This place was a horrible environment to work in. Management also the supervisors treat employees like they work in a sweat shop. The pay is horrible. Forget ever getting sick and have to call out management could careless. The manager was aggressive, tried to intimidate employees and was very insulting and rude. The reason they hire all the time is because they cannot keep employees long. Employees who have been with the company for 20+ years are now transferring or leaving the company because of the horrible work conditions and management. They treat employees like slaves. I hope you don't have have to use the bathroom because that is also frowned upon. This was the most horrible company I've ever worked for.
Cons
It is one of the best place to work.
Associate Pathologist (Current Employee) –  Teterboro, NJJune 30, 2016
I learned and enjoyed working at Quest Diagnostics for more than 10 years. Work environment is very friendly and professional. Colleagues are very cooperative and helpful. I really enjoy daily slide conference.

It is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering a competitive salary and for full time and a full range of outstanding benefits.
Pros
Participation in blue print for wellness.
Great Pay, Great Benifits, Learned alot
Support Center Analyst (Former Employee) –  Farmers Branch, TXMay 23, 2016
Work hours 730-400pm Mon- Fri
Take calls 37 or more a day required
Spoke with a wide variety of personalities, learned how to handle all situations and maintain a positive attitude.
Trouble shoot and resolve computer hardware/Printer issues. Password resets. Escalated issues beyond what I could support or help. (ex Site Visit ).
My coworkers were very pleasant to work with and be around. We helped each other day to day. Management we went through a few throughout my years there. majority of them were excellent to work for, able to communicate with at any time. Was there when needed any assistance. The enjoyable part of my job was my ability to help others and always keep patients first.
Cons
Lay offs
Patient service center focused on wait times
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Humble, TXMay 30, 2016
The company overall isn't a bad company at all, the location I was zoned to was micromanaged. Seemed as if The supervisor was unsure of any phlebotomy knowledge so she emphasized on write ups and discipline. There seem to be no balance. The most enjoyable part about work was coworkers, using our skills to work together and complete the main reason we were there anyway, to care for patients.
Wonderful workers/ Co-workers. Compensation and benefits were not the best
Client Solutions Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lenexa, KSMay 14, 2016
Answering inbound calls and inbound emails from exam offices nationwide, lab customers, underwriters and insurance agents. Checking the status of lab results for clients and underwriters for life insurance policies. Answering and sending responses via right fax and manual fax. Scheduling appointments for labs, Requesting sensitive labs to be released. Follow ups on lab requests. Coding labs to life insurance companies.
PHLEBOTOMY GROUP LEAD (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAMay 11, 2016
It's an exceptional place to began a career in the medical industry.
There's different stages of advancement that you can climb to become successful.
The most enjoyable part of the job for me was interacting/providing medical care for the patients/customers.
Working for this company you will learn that integrity, teamwork, accountability, excellent patients/customer service, professionalism, and innovation is just some of the prudent performances expected of you. It feels great knowing that you're doing your best to provide it, too !!!!
Pros
Great Pay
Risk Assesment Interviewer
Risk interviewer (Current Employee) –  Lees Summit, MOMay 9, 2016
The job requires a lot of knowledge and work without compensation to match. The mandatory overtime never ends and the company really does not care about their employees. You will have no balance between your work life and home life. The attendance policies are ridiculous. I would not recommend this job.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Mandatory overtime, no work/home life balance, terrible attendance policies, they really do not care about their employees at all.
Free coffees
Billing Coordinator II (Former Employee) –  West Hills, CAJuly 5, 2016
Nice working experience. Friendly people and managers. A typical day is to collect the bills from all departments. Put the bills on a mailing machine and have the bills folded inserted into envelopes, sealed and stamped automatically. Deliver to the Post Office to be mailed. Pick up incoming mail from the Post Office and distributed to the departments..
Pros
Free coffees.
Cons
Short lunch time.
Highly productive Laboratory
Med Tech II (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXMay 6, 2016
I am currently working part-time but my position will be unavailable soon. The company is changing it's position of hiring part-time employees. I have learned a great deal by reading abnormal slides in Hematology. Management is quiet typical but generally good. The hardest part of working at Quest is working efficiently within a specific time frame, but my co-workers were always there to help and vice versa. The best part of working for Quest are my co-workers which I will miss very much.
Pros
Many good benefits
Cons
Very fast paced
meeting co-professional ad update the learning process
MT/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 2, 2016
per diem...

80 30" work hrs work...15 minutes break
6 hrs 30" work no break
Paid $ 40.00/hr..not worth it
labor law discusses , no compliance..the management answer?
" you are a contract worker and w are not cover by Nevada LABOR LAW....???????????????
HARDEST PART OF JOB????...THE MANAGEMENT ARE SLAVE DRIVER.....

Co-workers are professionals ,helpful
Pros
no break time previleges
Cons
paid $40.00/hr
enjoyable job
Phlebotomist/Lab Tech (Current Employee) –  McLean, VAApril 28, 2016
a typically day at quest diagnostic. I see bout 70 to 100 patients, childern, babies, elderly, also putting in orders, processing specimens, send out, gestational testing, etc. You will learn how to enter labs, process, learn the professional way to handle patients. The coworker are friendly and fun to work with, and they help make the day go by a a lot faster. the enjoyable part is clocking out when u completed your work
Pros
free parking, free lunches
Cons
30 min lunch breaks working 10+ hrs
Comfortable place and lovely people to work with
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCApril 28, 2016
I loved going into work in the mornings, I was always greeted by my coworker with a "Good Morning!" followed by a huge grin. This job taught me more than I ever thought possible; Being in the field gave me so many "Ah-Ha" moments. I felt wanted and needed most days, and patients loved me. I did find pediatric sticks daunting at first but in the long run I found that it was a challenge I wanted to take and knew I could perform. Phlebotomy is the one thing I love doing and know I'm great at.
Layoffs, cuts in benefits, no raises
Health Plans coordinator (Current Employee) –  Collegeville, PAMay 9, 2016
Downsizing, layoffs, benefits cut, talk of outsourcing. Moral is very poor waiting for the ax to drop. Heavier workloads. Not valued for how hard you work rather valued for how good you talk the talk. If you are a brown nose you get ahead. New leadership is very unprofessional she back stabs and talks about everyone even her boss. she is a detriment
Pros
nice coworkers
Cons
large workload
Professional work Environment
Phlebotomist Technician (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 18, 2016
Very High collection volume you meet great people all day friendly and helpful co-workers. I learned a lot working for Quest Diagnostics the computer systems that they have are wonderful and informative to help accurately collect and process specimens. Although Management may have friendly and even helpful personality traits, It can make or break your experience as an employee. To be honest there really wasn't anything hard about the it. The Most Enjoyable part of the Job for me would have to be the veni-puncture collection. I love putting patients at ease and hearing them say I didn't even feel that, this really makes my day because I want to assure them that I am concern with there well being and overall health.
Pros
Great Company
Cons
Not the best compensation
Amazing company to work for.
Patient Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Hermitage, TNApril 24, 2016
There are so many good things that I can say about Quest Diagnostics. I worked in fast paced two physician office. I felt welcomed by Quest and the Doctors that practiced there. Quest makes you feel like part of the company not just an employee. Their benefit packages and share holdings are amazing. Not to mention that they offer advancement within the company the as well. Their wages are comparable with other companies, if not better than most. The whole company works as a team to deliver the best patient care available.
Very productive and loving place to work for.
Rep, PS II (Phleb) (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMApril 19, 2016
A typical day at work is the greatest, because I enjoy my patients and my co-workers, it is heaven to work where I do. I learn from each and every experience I have with each of them. The hardest part of my job is when I leave it for the day, until the next day. I love what I do and all of them love me too. I can not say anything negative about my job, except that before I retire I would like to experience another job, for I have been at this one for fifteen years, just to experience new faces and a new place.
Pros
It is a great place to work for.