Quest Diagnostics Employee Reviews

Showing all 2,354 reviews
I was a billing specialist
Medicare Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MI26 April 2017
I enjoyed learning about all the billing facets of all insurance carriers along with the physicians involved. I was with the company for almost 20 years. They promoted from within. I started out as a mail sorter in 1990 and ended as a Medicare Group Leader Specialist.
Pros
Pay and usually no weekends
Cons
Didn't have any
Good Company to work for
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, AR25 April 2017
Over bearing supervisor that won't get you any help
when you are over whelmed with work
The over job is good
Great benefits
Nice co-workers
Good hours
Environment
Specimen Technician Operationalist (Former Employee) –  Valencia, CA25 April 2017
The company seems great and I liked the management but honestly the environment and atmosphere is so childish. The job itself is not difficult, but to perform the job and get the shift done is. It's very dreadful having to go in. I once enjoyed working until being sucked into the childish drama when I just wanted to get the job done and leave.
Pros
Good company to work for
Cons
It's a highschool, not a job workplace
Market leader with advance technology with a large presence
Director of Strategic Alliances (Former Employee) –  Madison, NJ25 April 2017
Monday office day and planning
Tuesday to Friday engage customers at a high level
Responsible for supporting over 70 representatives
The reference lab market is shrinking due to Hospital systems buying physician practices
Excellent culture and leadership
Leading teams with dotted line responsibilities
Supporting multiple markets gained high visibility for me in healthcare
Pros
Market leader with strong technology
Cons
Shrinking market cause reduction in staff
Clinicals
Clinical Internship, Quest Diagnostics (Former Employee) –  Naperville, IL25 April 2017
Enjoyed the staff and learned more than expected very busy
site with all aspects of lab test. Completed clinical with over 400 successful venipunctures in 3 weeks.

Had to be at work at 5 am.-1pm. worked in the lab with drug screening, all venipuncture test required from clients physician added the client in the computer and check current insurance information and then preceded with the venipuncture draw.
Pros
Early morning hours gives time for home life
Cons
No available positions would of love to stayed
Fun to work no any more with new management
PM Logistics Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Leandro, CA25 April 2017
Sorry I do not want to write down some negative stuff. The only thing in my opinion to much unrealistic targets and goals. Some times those targets create stress for employees.
Pros
e-Learning Program
Cons
To much changes in short period of time!!
Great management
Phlebotomy Lead (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CA24 April 2017
I couldn't ask for a better boss and group of people to work with. The only thing I would change is the pay per hour, other then that my boss alone is enough reason to stay. He understands not only work life as a phlebotomist but also that people have families and things comes up.
Pros
Management.
Cons
Pay per hour.
Productive and fun workplace
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX24 April 2017
Productive and fun workplace. Excellent training, management, and staff. The most enjoyable part of the job teamwork. I learned time management, processing of specimens, and the importance of accuracy.
Quest
Biometric Health Screener (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FL24 April 2017
Quest is a rapidly growing company. I worked for Summit before they bought it. I worked for Cigna before Summit bought Cigna. Jobs are not always readily available near home and this is one reason I am applying with Aduro.
Pros
Pay and paying in timely manner, pleasant co-workers.
Cons
Assist with mileage
I really like working for Quests Diagnosis
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MO24 April 2017
I have a great boss and in joy working for her. I really like working for Quests Diagnosis. I have been there been working here for 8 years. I just think I would like to move to a different state . My friend friend might be moving and I told her if she would move some where else besides North Dakota I wouldn't mind moving with her but I am not moving to North Dakota.

Want to know more about Quest Diagnostics?

Ask a question
good to start out, no room to grow
Phlebotomist (outpatient) (Current Employee) –  South Windsor, CT23 April 2017
not very many options for advancement, only cares about money and not the employees, company is too big for their own good. otherwise, good job to start out and gain experience
I generally worked alone in a warehouse environment, surrounded by my instruments. I had a per diem, two days a week.
Stardust Main-Lab -Gen.Manager, Chief Tech (Former Employee) –  Reno, NV22 April 2017
The days always began at different times, such as I would get a call that I had a STAT, at 06:30. I would muster quickly, to get to the lab, and do the STAT, as soon as possible. I would also stay late to accommodate physicians who hadn't recalled that they had ordered a STAT, and needed to call for a "pick up" from our couriers. It was very time consuming. So, I would stay until it came, and do that test.
Pros
It was secluded, and in a hole in the ground so no one knew we were there. I felt safe due to the seclusion.
Cons
The location was in a very rough part of town. I knew that sometimes, I needed to have an escort to take me out when it was darker, and around 22:00. I did get an escort, eventually.
Nothing to say about this company
Shipping & Receiving Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Novi, MI21 April 2017
I do not feel a review of this company is sufficient at this time. Putting in a review in order to move to the next page to see indeed job postings is quite ridiculous.
Pros
No pros currently
Cons
No cons currently
Excelent
Sr. Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  PA20 April 2017
Great place to work as Network engineer. Updated Network devices.
Management is good and environment is good and helping nature with good spacious buildings
great locations to work in.
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TX20 April 2017
Worked in a great location as a lab technician. Work flow was study and busy. The most difficult part was being the only lab tech in the building to draw blood, so with that being said , i could not have hard stick. I was greatful with other clinics asking for my help.. made my day.
Pros
self boss
Cons
was on other peoples time
Productive and always room for advancement
Phlebotomist/Special Collections Processor (Current Employee) –  Apopka, FL19 April 2017
I loved my job and was sad to leave. I chose to move closer to family. I worked at a PSC and there was wonderful teamwork and communication. I loved every part of my job.
Okay Culture and place to work
Assistant Controller (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA19 April 2017
Quest Diagnostics overall was not a bad company. The main issue is that they were unwilling to promote people of color in significant roles simialr to most large companies dominated my management that all look alike.
Good opportunity to work from home.
Teleunderwriter (Former Employee) –  Lee's Summit, MO18 April 2017
A typical day at work was working from home. Sitting at a computer logging on and then receiving incoming calls from customers who needed to complete questionnaires for their life insurance applications. They previously had done these interviews in person with an agent but this was a follow up to basically confirm their answers and also to obtain additional information on their medical history, finances, and lifestyle.
Pleasure to be with patients and service them
Phlebotomy Service Representative II - ASCP Cer (Current Employee) –  Barrington, IL18 April 2017
Working with quest I learned a lot About the value of work and to put patients first. It is a nice working environment, easy to deal with my supervisor and co workers. It is always pleasure for me to meet new patients and returning patients who express that they came back to my location because they were happy with the service I gave them and this to me is very rewarding.
Extraction Chemist
Extraction Chemist (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KS18 April 2017
performed drug tests on hair, blood and urine samples. On occasion received samples and scanned them in.
data entry and equipment calibration were also performed as well as other duties required by supervisor.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Quest Diagnostics. Our community is ready to answer.