Quest Diagnostics
1,057 reviews

Quest Diagnostics Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Laid back and very orginized
Telephone Interviewer 1 (Former Employee), St. Louis, MONovember 24, 2014
Quest I very team oriented, it is a laid back work environment. I like the management team they made them selves very available to the associates .
Healthcare
Medical Technologist II (Current Employee), Denver, CONovember 24, 2014
Pros: convenient
Cons: extremely high-pressure
A high-pressure work environment where getting the job finished is paramount. There is no time for fun. There is very little if any positive recognition.
Excellent place to work!
Patient Web Support & Resolution Specialist (Former Employee), Norristown, PANovember 24, 2014
Pros: great family atmosphere!
Cons: not the greatest compensation package
An amazing place to work with a close knit couture. It was great getting a yearly goal sharing bonus! It was very hard to advance to new positions with the organization.
Wonderful place to work
PSR II Floater (Former Employee), Tucker, GANovember 23, 2014
Loved working there, very friendly and professional, took care of clients and patients appropriately. Some supervisors were a little tougher than other but that comes with territory..management is very understanding to situations and problems and are always available to help when they can...
Very good pay, very poor management advocacy
Phlebotomist II (Current Employee), Hagerstowng, MDNovember 20, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: very hard to get off for any reason at all, even personal healthcare appointments or funerals. not a family oriented employer. demands overtime.
Very good compensation with this company, but very poor communication with management. Lack of involvement with problem resolution and coverage for time off. Lack of staff meetings to get properly trained and updated on safety issues). Managers do not answer their phones. Their mailboxes are consistently full so you cannot even leave a message or get – more... a hold of them for emergency situations.

I am working within a provider's office, but employed by Quest Diagnostics. The office staff I work with is very good to work together with. – less
Well organized, enthusiastic and diversified work place.
Medical Technologist II (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDNovember 20, 2014
Pros: holiday parties and recognition of our peers.
Cons: travel time to work.
Working for Quest Diagnostics has been an empowering journey improving better health with diagnostic insights. A typical day at work would start off taking temperatures, making sure the cultures where at the right temperatures for incubation growth. Then the techs
would read the cultures and proceed to identify the disease-causing bacteria that has – more... affected the patient. My co-workers were team players and resourceful. The hardest part of the job was high volume whenever we were short staffed. The most enjoyable part of the job was having management vigilant and there to help out and follow-through always putting the patient first. – less
GREAT COMPANY
pcs tech (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLNovember 19, 2014
GREAT PLACE TO WORK. I enjoy my work, coworkers and patients.
its a great place to work if you like helping people.The work isn't hard but detailed. I would advise anyone with phlebotomy skills and enjoy helping people to apply with Quest.Quest is a place where you can advance your career.
for Quest Employment was very demanding
Courier Driver (Former Employee), Orlando, FLNovember 19, 2014
Pros: pay benefits
Cons: no time for completing each day with rush requirements and delays
job was very demanding for excellence and couriers were made totally responsible for all expectations by courier management in a very impossible foremat - Training was non existent and required each courier to self teach due to non availability of time for daily requirements of the job each day to be thorough with always unexpected delays -
Productive work place
Phlebotomist Intern (Former Employee), Madison, NJNovember 19, 2014
I have 25 years of phlebotomy experience. The hardest part of my job was not having good management. I was happy to leave this company but I do miss my patients.
Group Lead
Group Lead (Current Employee), Chantilly, VANovember 19, 2014
Pros: overtime
Cons: healthcare
• Lead over 60 Medical Technologists in administering vitamin D, testosterone, aldosterone, reverse T3, and vitamin B1 tests. Also, making the schedule for all 60 employees on 3 different shifts.
• Assist the QA Coordinator in preparing the department for audits and in developing SOP’s to ensure compliance with company safety, production, and quality – more... operations policies, including adapting existing procedures for quicker response times and instrument changes.
• Investigate and resolve testing problems as needed, and recommend a course of action to laboratory management.
• Regularly handle various complex instruments such as liquid chromatography mass spectrometry and high-performance liquid chromatography equipment.
• Maintained staff safety by conducting task demonstrations, minimizing risk of injury, contamination, or equipment malfunction.
• Collaborated with LCMS/MS department supervisors to troubleshoot analytical methods and sample testing issues in order to reduce cost of instrument replacement and water import.
• Perform inventory, purchasing, and routine maintenance of department equipment, including thermometers, weight scales, refractors, and material handling equipment.
• Train new hires on various assays including vitamin D, testosterone, aldosterone, reverse T3, and vitamin B1 tests and company policies and procedures, and assisted in supervising departmental staff such as Medical Technologists, Technicians, and Lab Assistants.
• Lead department meetings, and achieved over 100 hours of education leadership. – less
Ok Place to work
Phlebotomist (Current Employee), Parkland, WANovember 18, 2014
I do everything in the office by myself.
In work alone
I love working with people that is the best part my patients
Independantancy while working
Forensics Lab Specimen Technician (Current Employee), Tucker, GANovember 18, 2014
Pros: medical care
Cons: working hours
A typical day at work includes arriving at work on time, Greeting my coworkers and updating myself on the current work that needs to be completed. The hardest part of my Job would be the 3rd shift hours. Management tends to be very helpful with any questions our team may have.
Good company to get a start with
Phlebotomist (Current Employee), CANovember 16, 2014
Pros: good phlebotomy experience
Cons: lack of advancement
It is challenging to get your first job as a phlebotomist.
As there is quick turnover at Quest, there is lots of opportunity as a new phlebotomist to be hired and get experience. Beyond that, there is not as much opportunity to advance in the company. This is perhaps one of the reasons for the quick turnover.
excellent ,productive
Lab Assistant (Former Employee), San Juan Capistrano, CANovember 16, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: good healthcare
nice place to work ,very professional,Im enjoined working with them
Productive and fast pace enviroment
Process Technician (Current Employee), Audubon, PANovember 16, 2014
Good company but not best environment for challenging employees by utilizing skills and room for advancement.
Productive and fun work place
Lab Aide (Former Employee), Lenexa, KSNovember 16, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short breaks
A typical day was getting my work started by putting the reagents in the machines to run the testing. What I learned was how to put the right reagents in the right spots of the machine. The managements was very helpful and resourceful. The co-workers were very helpful. The hardest part was long hours. The most enjoyable part was working upper management.
Ok
Lab Processor (Former Employee), Cambridge, MANovember 11, 2014
Pros: money
Cons: everything except the money
Could have been worse. Ive worked for a lot of places that dont value their employees and this place was just like those. Goodpay if you worked overnight but the mgmt was one sided. Treated certain employees better than others. Not enough training was given on PPE and a lab tech was exposed to HIV positive blood and had to start anti-virals immediately.
most enjoyable part of job
PSR II Lead (Former Employee), Tarpon Springs, FLNovember 10, 2014
Pros: you can work your way up if you want to grow
Cons: not much time for a break
Taking care of patients ! Turning bad and scary experiences into fun and positive experiences.
Disgruntled employees. Management appeared unhappy no matter how hard employees worked.
Client Service Representative (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDNovember 10, 2014
Pros: helping doctors, nurses and patients with patient test results.
Cons: not being appreciated by the company.
Before shift employees walk in to sit at their desks,they are given orders to get to work right away, without a kind hello or good morning from mangement. I learned that Doctors,Nurses and Patients prefer quality of work to a rush job. Management does not appear to be happy. Co-workers appeared and sounded disgruntled on a daily basis from various departments. – more... That alone made for a very unsavory work environment. The hardest part of the job was being treated like a machine by management. The most enjoyable part of the job was talking with Physicians, Nurses, and Patients. Also,getting satisfaction knowing that I gave clear, and complete patient information and getting feedback directly from them over the phone. I did enjoy that part of the job very much. But I wish that the general work environment was more employee friendly. I also worked at the Philadelphia business campus as well as the Baltimore business campus and the overall employee morale was the same. – less
I enjoy working for Quest Diagnostic.
Sr. Phlebotomist/ Floater (Current Employee), Tucker, GANovember 10, 2014
The manager keep you inform with the lates information about new labs. They value your opions on improvement or concerns. Co-worker is always ready to help. We work as a team.

1 2 3 4 5

About Quest Diagnostics

Quest Diagnostics is testing its ability to be the world's leading clinical lab. The company performs diagnostics on some 146 – Read more

Quest Diagnostics Photos