Quest Diagnostics

Quest Diagnostics Employee Reviews

Showing all 1,983 reviews
A difficult workplace to tolerate
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Syosset, NYAugust 24, 2016
Working for the company is very difficult to enjoy. workplace morale is low, overtime is mandatory, promises are constantly broken, and the promotions are nearly non existent. Healthcare is fare however.
Pros
Healthcare.
Cons
Long hours, low pay, no communication with management.
Great place to work if you want to be miserable
Customer Service Representative/data entry (Former Employee) –  Lees Summit, MOAugust 22, 2016
The company itself is great to work for. However, management in every department lacks significantly. It's quite sad. It doesn't matter if you're the best employee they have, you will still be micromanaged, treated like dirt, and have your soul sucked out with each passing day.
Pros
Insurance
Cons
Very productive company. Hard to balance work and life. Requires mandatory overtime. Good pay and benefits. You get to meet alot of good people .
Specimen Processor Tech II (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 22, 2016
Very productive company. Hard to balance work and life. Requires mandatory overtime. Good pay and benefits. You get to meet alot of good people from different backgrounds. Management can be better.
Pros
good pay and benefits
Cons
overtime
great for senior citizen
Logistics Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLAugust 22, 2016
management is a lil to overwhelming and would rather blame drivers instead of leads who should manage their drivers.Great place 4 older employees who just need a jump in income
Pros
Laid back job
Cons
Micro managment no purpose behind worksheets etc
Excellent place to work.
Technical Supervisor II (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 22, 2016
Quest Diagnostics is an icon of quality healthcare, a reputation it has earned through its commitment to patient care. Staff of Quest Diagnostics' staff feel a strong belonging to this organization which is continuously investing in its staff and technology.
Pros
Strong company with a strong commitment to quality.
Cons
N/A
I love working there, not much room for advancement.
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Modesto, CAAugust 21, 2016
I love my co-workers.The patient load in high volume. the benefits are great. Management tends to hire outside for supervisors regardless of current employee's experience or education. That the reason I am currently looking outside of the company
Pros
great PTO
Cons
high patient volume, Every third week you have to work 6th day as your Saturday rotation I not sure if that is even legal
I was only here for externship
Externship (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COAugust 19, 2016
Quest was a very fast pace lab which I loved but I was only here for my externship. The phlebotomists were very helpful and were great teachers. I learned a lot from Quest.
great place
Specimen Technician Level 2 (Former Employee) –  Miramar, FLAugust 19, 2016
great place to everyone work together as a team benefits is great management are very professional overtime is available overall great work place
if you want alot of pressure with low pay this is your place to be
Route Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORAugust 18, 2016
from the low pay and the lack of caring towards new employees, this place is only good if you have been there for ten years.if you dont like vacation time this is the place for you because they do it by seniority and when the average years of employment are 10 years don't expect to get any time off.
Pros
awesome co workers
Cons
pay/lack of time off/stress of getting to clients on time
Productive and great room for growth
Referral Representative Technician (Former Employee) –  San Juan Capistrano, CA 92675August 16, 2016
Management was not too good, but work environment and employees were fun to be around. I really enjoyed coming into work everyday. But it was a very commute from home and took up a lot of gas on the daily.
My interpetation
Office Manager/Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Randolph, MAAugust 16, 2016
Quest Diagnostics for a few friends and myself has an age-thing!
No matter how great you are......when you are getting up in age...
approximately in your 50's, they get rid of you for some ridiculous
reason!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have past employees that would definitely
back me up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Great fast growing company
INSURANCE RISK ASSESMENT INTERVIEWER II (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 15, 2016
I loved Quest Diagnostics it was a very vibrant atmosphere and everyone was treated equally and the pay was nice there was always plenty of overtime available to take advantage of.
Pros
Family oriented atmosphere
Cons
Building needed cleaning
Great Company to work for
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYAugust 14, 2016
I love doing Phlebotomy. Quest gave me the opportunity to do what I enjoyed. Great working hours and ability to meet new people every single day.
Pros
Advancement
Cons
None that I can think of
Productive and Diverse place to work
Medical Assistant Internship (Current Employee) –  Mount Holly, NJAugust 14, 2016
Quest Diagnostics is a great place to work. You learn new and different things everyday. Not only do you learn new things you also build great relationships with patients and co-workers. A typical day consist of drawing blood from patients, making patients feel relaxed and comfortable, and preparing blood to be sent out to labs. The most enjoyable part of this company is knowing that you could simply change someones day just by a simple smile or kind words.
Great place to work for.
Phlebotomy Services Rep. I (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 14, 2016
Interesting, exciting and challenging experience with cotworkers and management that I would highly recommend it to everybody looking for a career.
Pros
excellent place to work for
Cons
management needs to recognize and complement employees more frequently
Company needs change.
Med Tech (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 13, 2016
I was there for more than a year. It should be ok until the company set up that they called QOM, they wanted to squeeze employee, cut off over time, cut off people and maximize their profit. Also Hematology Dept in Houston is very bad with horrible supervisor, that supervisor wants employee to do everything but in fact she cant finish by herself. Company is a good step to learn, but there is not a place to stay.
Medical Call Center
Client Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Lenexa, KSAugust 13, 2016
I have the willingness to work a variety of hours since our call center is a 24/7 facility. I ve met all Quality Assurance Requirements and other key performance metrics. I answer inquiries by clarifying desired information; researching, locating, and providing information.
Also by resolving problems by clarifying issues; researching and exploring answers and alternative solutions; implementing solutions; escalating unresolved problems to the appropriate department. Working in a fast pact facility with attention to detail. Always taking on new tasks to be cross trained.
Pros
Always learning something new
Cons
n/a
Nothing to write home about
Float Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, CTAugust 11, 2016
Quest bought our company. Extremely bumpy transition. Supervisor has extremely poor communication skills which leads to poor moral......................
Productive busy environment, nice placee to work with
Teleunderwriter (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 11, 2016
Go in, log into computer and be on phones non stop all day, get 2 15 minute breaks and 1 hour lunch. Had mandatory overtime that range from 2-16 hours per week, then you will have opportunity to come into work on a Saturday to complete overtime that wasn't finished during the week. I really enjoyed my co-workers we were all really like family. Overall it was an enjoyable place to work.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Mandatory Overtime of hours
Great place to work!
Group Lead (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 10, 2016
Diverse company with room for advancement, benefits, employee engagements, town hall meetings. Managers keep employees informed about what is happening around the company. Friendly environment and outreach participation.