Quest Diagnostics

Quest Diagnostics Employee Reviews

Showing all 2,112 reviews
i dont know really
Interviewer (Current Employee) –  Lees Summit, MO8 December 2016
Very repetitive and have to type word for word verbatim what applicants say could be difficult at times and only $11.09 an hour
productive and a very fun place to work
Medical Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  nashville,tn on demonbreun street8 December 2016
i worked in microbiology and become very good friends with my co-workers and my boss was like a dad to all of us. but when i worked there we got bought out by another company. my assistant supervisor was awesome as a teacher and as a friend,we still keep in touch with each other.
Pros
awesome boss and assistant supervisor
Cons
nashville traffic
Stress
Specimen Processor (Former Employee) –  Marlborough, MA7 December 2016
I worked as an overnight specimen prossesor. 60% off the requisitions came in uncoded, and we were not allowed to code. QD is all about your quota, and cliques. You will never make the quota. The management was beyond horrid.

Think of having 6 bullies from high school, hovering around you, criticizing, threatening, and rushing you, changing rules, making some up, whilst you try to imput data from illegibly scrawled requisitions, wet with urine, or other body fluids, trying to think straight, with machines whirring, and cranking, loudmouths yelling, and constant interruption, by coworkers, and others. Sound like fun?

They are constantly hiring, and promoting the clique people. Firing, in sweeps, every quarter. Zero job security.

If you need a temp job, fine. Do not try to hang your hat here. Nobody lasts.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Everyone was stressed out.
National Operations Center
Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FL6 December 2016
I loved my job as a client service representative for Quest Diagnostics. Quest Diagnostics is an amazing company which takes pride and dedication into what their company stands for. I have learned different medial procedures as well as medical terminology while working for the company.
Management is awesome and very friendly. The hardest part of the job is trying to explain to certain patients and clients that I am not allowed to go beyond my scope of practice and that there are policies I am to abide by regarding release of lab results. The most enjoyable part of the day is when different department groups perform in group tasks and have contest against each other to make the work environment even more fun.
Pros
Free lunches, Pot lucks, Contest, Work Parties and Costume dress ups for the holidays
Cons
Micromanagement
ok
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Largo, FL5 December 2016
nothing to say, it was a fast paced place that was always busy with no breaks, and to long between lunches. 3 out of 4 coworkers were great, patients were great, management was sub par
Pros
health benefits
very busy
Courier Driver (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KS4 December 2016
good place to work, friendly co-workers. There was a lot of computer based training which is mostly on driving abilities. Minimum supervision which was nice.
nice coworkers
Lab phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  im a float for mrs hudson4 December 2016
I am a quest float my schedule is not a set schedule so I can drive from east freeway all the way to Baytown . sometimes I get off at 4pm or sometimes not until 5:15 the hardest part of my job is the driving floating is not what I expected to be looking for a more stable job closer to home
Pros
i like my coworkers
Cons
driving from site to site
Don't waste your time
Billing Technician (Current Employee) –  San Juan Capistrano, CA3 December 2016
Typical corporate culture- everyone is out for #1 at the expense of patients and clients. The all mighty dollar and pointless metrics rule decision making. They do not value employees; it's all about taking care of their own with platinum parachutes.
Great company with Great coworkers
Medical Courier (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GA3 December 2016
I enjoy all of my time and quest and wanted to stay but my family moved to FL and there were no job postings open in Jacksonville to apply for a transfer.
Pros
Benefits and coworkers
Cons
non
Very good place to work
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  TAMPA2 December 2016
I have very good experience with this company. Experience managing, good social environment the opportunity to learn and advance on this company was great
Extremely poor management and supervisors
Specimen processor (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FL1 December 2016
The place is ran like a sweat shop, all about production and numbers. The manger of processing watches people on camera and pretends to be all the good of company but is only to make himself look good. The supervisors are all lying puppets. I wouldn't recommend this as a long term place to work.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Management, and supervisors
Drow Blood instruct patient on speciment collection, speciment transfered
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Homestead, FL28 November 2016
Very peaceful work environment. Excellent team work always something new to learn, open to learning. Very pleased when patient complemented my good job and the professionalism that they received from me. On the other side very hard when for any reason I was unable to perform my job.
Great Company
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Marlborough, MA28 November 2016
I loved working at Quest. My manager was very accommodating. I could not ask for a better working environment. I highly recommend this company.
this was a temp to hire position a very good job that i wanted to stay with
Phlebotomy Technician (Former Employee) –  Orange Park, FL28 November 2016
fun and excitied to be there the management was awesome and my co-workers we was a team the hardest part of the job was leaving when i was offered a position the salary was lower if got hired on i couldnt except but this was a great job orange park florida
Pros
team work i learned how to do drug screen i learned how to process the blood
Cons
the pay was the only problem
great until taken over by quest
Specimen Technician I (Former Employee) –  New York, NY 1001628 November 2016
this place a business was great until it was taken over by quest diagnostics. my schedule changed and the workload became unbearable at times. left within 6 months of take over.
Great place to learn and work
Phlebotomist II (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CT27 November 2016
Great place to work and learn. ..just need to be able to get out on time at 5...But that won't happen because it's opened till 5...workers done afterwards
Pros
Uniforms supplied
Cons
You never get out on time at the end of the day
best place to work
Specimen Management Group Lead (Former Employee) –  Deerfield Beach, FL26 November 2016
quest diagnostics is a good place to work the only problem is the hours that you have to work that it,,,,but i love to go back cause they really know how to work has a team
lack of room for advancement
Senior Client/Physician Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Norristown, PA26 November 2016
Quest Diagnostics offered little room for advancement and lower than average salary for existing employees. New employees come in to company at much higher salary than existing.
Pros
security
Cons
poor salary and lack of advancement opportunity
Disappointed
Phlebotomist II (Former Employee) –  Danville, VA26 November 2016
Very disappointed in quest...when my life got threatened and I had to move, they were very rude and not concerned at all....
Cons
Manager didnt seem to care
Great office and worked with a great staff
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Stratford, CT25 November 2016
I learned a lot from working at Quest , different ways to draw blood and other tests and also learning how to use all the computers. Most of all making the patients comfortable and happy with their experience
Pros
Great office, fellow employees were always there to help you.
Cons
Too many different supervisors while I was there