Quest Diagnostics

Quest Diagnostics Employee Reviews

Showing all 2,244 reviews
Great Challeneges
Medical Assistant/Med Examiner (Current Employee) –  Novi, MI27 February 2017
Some Staff are hard on you and some are supportive ,.Must have strong mindsets to deal with both.Most will not accompany like they said.,If you keep up the good work it will not go unnoticed.
Pros
Hard staff and condescending people
Cons
Able to help and very patient with you.keep doing the job and you'll be recommended
n/a
Group Leader (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX27 February 2017
Great company but to much favoritism, Co. needed to do a good clean up in their supervisor dept.

Front people did not get enough recognition for their hard work. The main Lab received all of it. No Bonus for front line works the Supervisors and Managers received all the credit.
Pros
benefits were great.
Cons
not over time, had to take extra time on lunch.
Group Lead- Specimen Processing (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX27 February 2017
Working at Quest was very fast paced and a very great experience. I learned a lot while working there, which helped me with my future plans in the medical field.
Liked working for this company
Phlebotomy Technician (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AK26 February 2017
I enjoyed working for this company, the benefits were great and the management did care about their people. They gave me the opportunity to learn and grow.
Pros
Great supervisor and excellent medical benefits
Cons
Co workers not being professional
Customer service
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MI26 February 2017
I initially was responsible for inputting diagnosis codes for lab work in order to send it to insurances. I later became responsible for working in the phone bank. There, I took phone calls from patients that had received a bill and did not understand it. It was my responsibility to work with the customer to understand why this was happening. I also was responsible for completing reports that were created when a secondary insurance had not been billed or when the explanation of benefits that the customer had received did not match what was being billed.
Not a employee/family friendly company
Customer Service Specialist/Case Manager (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CA26 February 2017
Benefits are acceptable, pay scale is less than satisfactory.
No accountability, lack of organization.
No one willing to accept responsibility.

I much prefer working for a small company.
Pros
game room, PTO
Cons
low pay, lack of organization, lack of accountability
Quest Diagnostics
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Naples, FL25 February 2017
Huge politics in the offices, not a lot of teamwork. There was a huge gap between the Data entry and the Phlebotomists, even though we did just as much, if not more, work. Management was detached, but they did try.
Pros
Hour lunches
Cons
See review.
Specimen Technician II (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NC23 February 2017
Good place to work. Provide many good benefits for employees. I enjoyed working for them. I would refer this company to other people.
Awful place to work
Senior Payroll Tax Analyst (Former Employee) –  Lyndhurst, NJ23 February 2017
The management would work employees to death if needed. They would then take credit for the accomplishments of their employees, never even a thank you.
productive place to wk
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TX22 February 2017
I like working at Quest Diagnostics it's a good place to work. I've learned a lot at working at Quest. Friendly staff who worked as a team.
Productive Workplace
ANALYST & ACCOUNT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Norristown, PA22 February 2017
Fast paced with management that support employees success. I learned how to manage large groups here.The culture is team oriented and the most enjoyable part of the job was travel.
Busy environment with perks scattered
Medical Specimen Processing Technician III (Current Employee) –  Lenexa, KS22 February 2017
Process patient samples into the computer system which assigns them an accession number that makes it easier to pull up their information. Pour off specimens to be tested for drugs. Weigh out specimens to be tested for confirmations. Help other departments when needed. Train when short staffed or work load becomes heavy.
Pros
Free yearly health check ups, fun activities to participate for team building
Cons
Short breaks, consecutive days of overtime
Enjoyed working for the laboratory
Lab processor (Former Employee) –  Tucker, GA21 February 2017
Process and label producer's for doctors and clinics in a daily bases making sure that the names and labels matched when processing
Pros
Loved the hours with weekends off
Cons
Health-care facilities
Organized and relaxed workplace
Contractor- Medical Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Novi, MI21 February 2017
Management and staffing are kind and competent. I am always informed about clinics and cancellations ahead of time. Given a lot of room for flexibility and growth.
Accounts Payable Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Collegeville, PA21 February 2017
I love working for Quest. Such a great company to work for. Great benefit, colleagues and great supports from the management team. Quest is such a valuable company to work for.
Pros
Great benefits and pay scale
Cons
no advancement opportunity
Quest diagnostics
Certified Phlebotomist Technician (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FL21 February 2017
Learned care360
Hands on experience
Saw the lab part of the company
Patient communication
Patient trust building
Office management was still a working progress
Pros
NONE
Cons
POOR OFFICE MANANGEMENT
Handled inbound calls from patient's and insurances about claims
Patient Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Denver, CO21 February 2017
Would do follow up work on claims that patients or insurance had called in about why or how we received or billed the services.
Horrible place to work - unless you love the Graveyard Shift
Specimen Processor (Former Employee) –  Denver, CO21 February 2017
Upon first getting hired with Quest, I was very excited. The pay arrangement that I was told about was very lucrative. But upon actually experiencing their date and time cutoffs, you never get paid for a partial holiday that you work.

The hours are brutal - 8:30 pm to 5:00 am. They make you go to break as a group. If you leave to go to the bathroom or get a drink, your production goes down and you are penalized for that. It's all about production, production, production!

When I was there, we never saw a Supervisor. When he was there, he micromanaged everything. I would never work there again. EVER.
Very fast paced Patient Service Center
Phlebotomy II Representative (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NV20 February 2017
We had a hard working crew and we believed in helping one another to keep our center number one. The hardest part of the job was having to draw the babies and the most enjoyable part of the job was seeing our same patients come back because they loved us because they never had to wait long.

I was also a Breath Alcohol Tech
A floater
On-site D.O.T. drug screening agent
Pros
We stayed busy and received nice bonuses annually
Cons
I sometimes had to go to more than one location in a day
Good news bad news.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Boston, MA20 February 2017
Learning the medical terms and conversing with Doctor and nurses on there level helped me understand my task and with that in mind i was more efficient.

Some of the blood test were for victims of incest or molestation and it was my job to read results with and impartial but compassionate voice.
Pros
learning medical terminology
Cons
No all medical terms are good to know