Queensway Carleton Hospital Employee Review

View all Queensway Carleton Hospital reviews

great place to work
medical laboratory technologist (retired) (Former Employee) –  Nepean, ON6 November 2012
great place and people. Hardest part was increased workload with no increase in staff. Most enjoyable part was that I learned something new everyday.

Other Queensway Carleton Hospital Employee Reviews

The best staff in Ottawa, management issues leave room for improvement
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Ottawa West, ON2 February 2018
If you can put up with more than most you are an excellent fit for the QCH Emergency department. Patients on their worst days, policies that don't serve you as best they could and the ever constant dissatisfaction with management are the big cons, but the pros are big as well. Great pay, the friendliest and most hardworking nurses, doctors and support staff, and the choice to work 8 or 12 hours a shift, leading to shorter work weeks if needed, or more manageable days if you don't.
Overall I would recommend the QCH to thick skinned employees, and people looking to feel like they helped make a difference in someone's life, an opportunity you get each day at work.
Pros
Staff, Pay
Cons
Stress, low support for staff
It's a hospital
Staff Nurse, Intensive Care Unit (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON2 February 2018
I work in the ICU which I do enjoy. Our knew manager is great but due to a large staff turnover full and part time staff have a difficult time getting time off for vacation.